EXCLUSIVE: Next-Gen Source 2 Engine Is In Development

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.valvetime.net/threads/exclusive-next-gen-source-2-engine-is-in-development.215336/

Our resident investigator Barnz has done some more digging in the Source Filmmaker script files, and he's uncovered probably some of the biggest news we've ever reported on our site.

He's found many more references to a "Source 2", but not just one vague line like our previous entry. We're only one file deep, and already it's clear that the references to "Source 2" are indeed referring to a next-gen engine that Valve is currently developing. I'm only going to show one line in this post, but there are about 60+ references here, and this one line is probably the most telling.
Meh, I think it's way to much speculation. Valve called Portal 2's version of Source, "Source 2" in several interviews.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
They probably meant current-gen because the original source engine was quite old and any 'next-gen' source engine would 'just' meet other engines like IDTech 5.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Source is always evolving if they were counting they would be way past 2

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Just saying, I couldn't imagine any source engine 2 to be that revolutionizing to be called next-gen(without buying a 'NASA computer').

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speculations aside.

The HL1 engine used to be called Source at one point. So if they do create a brand new Source engine whats the current one going to be called. PlatinumSrc?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol I thought you said Platinum Sack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom