EVF Models ^_^

Best answers
All of those models, bar the trunks, have huge flaws. For a halflife 2 mod, and for such high polycounts those models are by far sub-standard.

Kreshi, don't bother with the outline, as I keep on saying that is not cell shading. If it's for HL2 then you can cell shade using an actual shader, you don't have to bother with doubling the poly count or faking it.

The other Gokus, the Vegetas, the Gohans, they're all crap models. They are out of proportion, their shoulders are about a foot away from where they should be. With the poly count you could be ****loads of detail into the clothing, don't just waste it on the hair and making the model rounder. As people have said before, use ref pics, learn anatomy and learn proportions. There's absolutely no point in just tweaking these models, it would be just as quick to start from scratch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to have to agree with Darksun here. The models seem way out of porportion. They look too skinny or something. I highly suggest you redo a few things on them.. The skin on the BD Goku looks like crap :S Sorry, just doesn't say "Goku!"

Best answers
Looks decent. But you HAVE to tell him he is wasting TONS of polys on that frieza.. the arms, the neck, the chest, face.. everywhere.. I can see TONS of places where the polys do abolutely nothing. MUCH better than the Goku, Vegeta & Gohan models... but needs a HUGE amount of optimizing..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whoah, hl2 models? ive seen much better hl1 models, you guys better keep trying.

1: the overall proportion is horrific, its splayed everywhere (detail is in other posts)
2: poly wastage, total wastage...
3: no detail at all, with hl2 and that much poly's, you should have PROPER creases in the clothes, more detail in the muscles and vitally, more facial detail.
4: the overall skin is nice, the leg skins are a little like smudged rubber, the rest is nice.

i hope this help, i really would consider a total revamp, sorry if i sound too harsh, but i need to be if this is supposed to be a succsessful hl2 mod, if this is the quality i continue to see, i certanly doubt a release.

Best answers
Well, i have been saying all along the models aren't very good, they could be better, and I know one of the reasons. These models were churned out by like one person over a week period. There madly rushed. Dan needs to take some time, and put some serious effort into the models, and make them worthy of being in a HL2 mod.

Best answers
seriously, If he doesn't think he should fix those (as in TOTALY RE-DO) then you (or whoever is in charge) should think about getting a new modeler.

I know it sounds like I'm just being a total jerk about this, but I'm giving honest artistic advice. I like DBZ and allways like to see it done well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well they do not look bad at all!

but one thing that bothers me:
The ssj goku hair looks a lot like the one Darl Slayer did.

No offense but it just looks a bit like it

Best answers
These are for a hl2 mod?
/me bursts out in laughter

GIVE IT UP ALREADY! THERES ENOUGH DBZ MODS!

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Morpherex said:
These are for a hl2 mod?
/me bursts out in laughter

GIVE IT UP ALREADY! THERES ENOUGH DBZ MODS!
This modelling section is in a terrible mess already, and I expect each and every forum member to follow proper rules of conduct. If not, you will face the consequences.

In other words: if you don't have anything constructive to post, then please don't post at all.

Best answers
:) It is the truth, so it is constructive.
And yea, it is a terrible mess by having people constantly rip. I'm sure people agree with me there's enough mods for dbz already.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Morpherex said:
:) It is the truth, so it is constructive.
And yea, it is a terrible mess by having people constantly rip. I'm sure people agree with me there's enough mods for dbz already.
There might be truth in your statement that there are enough DBZ mods out there, but that does not justify you knocking off a modelling related thread on these ESF forums. Your post had nothing constructive to offer in reference to the current topic. And once and for all, -BACK ON TOPIC-. If you have any further queries, feel free to PM me.

Best answers
About the "in-charge" thing. There isnt "1" leader perse, but if anyone was declared the leader, its DaN himself. The team has more than one modeller, but hes the only one actually doing any real work, IceMan did an edit or something, but thats about it. Kinda sad if you ask me.

Best answers
Geez,I would make better for HL2.Yes,I have pirated version of HL2,with Single Player-MultiPlayer-Mod support,think its stealed or somethin....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SoulStriker said:
About the "in-charge" thing. There isnt "1" leader perse, but if anyone was declared the leader, its DaN himself. The team has more than one modeller, but hes the only one actually doing any real work, IceMan did an edit or something, but thats about it. Kinda sad if you ask me.
not true... i was making a goku model for evf and dan started one so i led him do it.. i was making a vegeta for evf and dan started so i let him finish.. then i was doing yamcha/gohan for evf sooo dan done that... thats why you dont see anything else.. i just let dan go ahead and do it

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah and U and Kreshi let him skin ur models and not me :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well not to hurt ur feelings but he's kinda better then u.. and he's been skinning my models before i joined evf so it doesnt base on that... sorry :(

back on topic.. we can take this discussion on evf assignements on teh evf forums ^_^

Best answers
Viki@killer said:
Yes,I have pirated version of HL2,with Single Player-MultiPlayer-Mod support,think its stealed or somethin....
Yeah, and because of the Hack and the people that distribute and download it we all have to wait untill April for the game to come out.. Hurray for fricken Warez..

The EVF team make-up is up to them, but I think they have things to really consider..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom