esfb123.exe refuse any kind of destination folder...

Best answers
I used to have half life 1 on a drive...I uninstalled it and an old version of esf long ago...
Now that I got Half life 2 and half life source, if I try to install earthspecial force 1.2.3 ,when I got to choose the install location it propose my former half life folder (on a drive which doesn't exist anymore) and whatever the destination folder is, I can't click on the install button which is inactive...

Any solution? :cry: There's not a zip version?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to use Half-Life with Steam.

Register you cd-key with Steam and you will get Half-Life. It will be in the Steam folder after that. Install ESF there.

Best answers
My half life 1 is 'already' in the steam folder
You mean that i'm obliged to download it by steam instead of using the half life2 dvd one? :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure of the specifics on the dvd versions of Half-Life 2.

If it came with Half-Life you should be fine. If not, you need to register your older copy of Half-Life's cd-key and validate it with Steam. Run it once before trying to install ESF.

If you've already done all of that (which, after reading your first post again, it looks like you have) and you can't change your install directory, and your install button is greyed out, you should take a look at this thread.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=53274

I hope that helps.

Best answers
It seems that those guys with the 'forever greyed out install button' have never found any solutions O_O

(I've got a registered copy of half life 2 silver (which contain half life 1 :source))

I checked your post about steam... And i realise that half life and half life source are supposed to be different...
Well, I install my good old half life 1 right now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Volsung said:
And i realise that half life and half life source are supposed to be different...
Well, I install my good old half life 1 right now
Yes, that's exactly right.

In case you have any more problems I'm going to post a little walkthrough here covering all the bases. This will also be helpfull for anyone searching the forums later with a similar problem.

You need a registered copy of the original Half-Life. Original meaning not Half-Life: Source, and not Half-Life 2.

If you already own a copy of the original Half-Life you can register that cd-key, and play it through Steam.

If you do not own a copy of the original Half-Life, you can buy it through Steam I believe.

Either way, after you have the original Half-Life installed, run it once (start a single player mission).

Once you've run it once, you can install ESF into the Half-Life directory.

After that you should see ESF in your "THIRD PARTY GAMES" list.

Double click on that and you are set.

Best answers
I installed my good old registered half life one through Steam.
Esf install worked and I'm still bad in hand to hand fight^^

Best answers
Pain said:
The silver package does not include the original Half-Life.
Yes it does.
Steampowered.com said:
HALF-LIFE 2 SILVER
$59.95
INCLUDES:
▪ Half-Life 2
▪ Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
▪ Counter-Strike: Source
▪ Half-Life 1: Source
▪ Day of Defeat™: Source*

▪ PLUS: Valve's back catalog (listed here)!

Valve's back catalog includes:
Half-Life
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Deleted Scenes
Day of Defeat
Team Fortress Classic
Deathmatch Classic
Opposing Force
Ricochet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very well then. My mistake. Edited my post with the fix.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just bought a valid copy of hl for my adsl1.5mb connection (which i finally get soon as my moma will talk to them on wenesday , i'm gonna go with tpg , $49.95 aus , 20gb dl limit - this is temporary 6month plan till adsl2 starts rolling out in a mass here) i just hope no valve employee stole my cd key , as half the time it's ethier the games store you get it from or valve employees stealing keys to give out to ther mates , ofcousre you can always replace them , but that can gett annoyying

when i used a net cafe account from home , which i got exclusive persmission from the manger to use for my free will , i logged in and let steam go thru all the crap it needed to over dial up , and if i am correct all it needed was the steam cache files and the rest it converted from my won install (i think , as steam mentioned hardive usage thru out download of hl) then installed esf to steam and played away over dialup with bad ping (at tiems thou , it was ok , i managed to get ping of 175 on some aus server , and that's pretty good for any dial up player , considering it's dial up)

thou as to why , i will never figure out the reason for some ppl why esf crashes for them sometimes on steam , reinstalling it sometimes works , but after that and if it still persists with those problems , it's steams's fault i would take it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom