ESF_GIANTFOREST

Best answers
I decided to load up ESF_GIANTFOREST, to see why it was being the way it was... And I am certain that, there is a memory leak in/around/on a boulder behind one of the trees. At first I thought it was one of the trees, but, then I looked up a little to see that things were fine. So I looked down a little more, and looking at one of the boulder causes the lag... But, only the one boulder, as far as I could tell. (And yes, I went behind the tree and turned to make sure it wasn't the tree itself). So, whenever your view catches the boulder, that's when the map lags...

Otherwise, I saw no lag at all, and so, I just figured, I'd submit this... Great map otherwise.

Also, I can't seem to post any bug reports in the CVS? Sorry...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not lag, it seems to trigger a mass of auto screen shots, check your ESF folder to see what i mean ;D

So far the cause is unknown, its not the rock as there are other spots and so on, but its always a possibility.

Best answers
Ahhh, I see, I didn't notice... Hmmm... Perhaps if there was a variable to disable screenshots it might help? Then you could only take screen shots on certain maps where it's unbugged... I dunno, I'm just trying to help.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if the varible was off, what would be the point. The engine is ineffect takeing the screenies via viewing that rock. Its probally the wierdest problem in ANY map for ANY mod.

Thank you ESF team for makeing the STRAGEST BUG ever.

But seriousally, I wish the esf team would just tell us if they have found the problem/fixed it/post a working version.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, that map isnt the only map that does it. i went into esf_city and if i look at a certain wall i get from 100 fps to 7. not just that but also you all know about frieza's telekenesis bug with the screen shots. so basically this means its not just the map. also when i go into that map. i can look at other things other than that bolder your talking about and still get major fps drops due to screen shots because the screen shots happen while steam is loading the map....

Best answers
Really? I didn't even notice that... And for the city map, I didn't know it did the screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom