ESF won't load, please help

Best answers
Are you using Steam?
Yes

Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF?
Yes

Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons?
No

What game are you trying to install ESF into?
I've tried Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat

Are you behind a router or firewall?
A router

Are all your drivers updated?
Yes

What in-game video mode are you using?
N/A

If you have an error message, what is the exact error message?
No error messages when Im trying to load the game, but when im in the ESF folder and click somthing like settings, I get a message saying " C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\torenko\day of defeat\esf\settings.scr is not a valid Win32 application"

Now, I recently bought Counter-Strike 1: Anthology and it installed CS, CS:CZ, and DoD. I read that im not supposed to install ESF into Coundition Zero, so I didn't. But when I install it into the CS or DoD folder, the game dosen't load. For example, when I install the game into the CS folder, I click the desktop icon, and instead of loading ESF, it loads CS. The same thing happens when I try installing it into the DoD folder. Also, I read that I should change the search filter to ESF so I could find ESF games, but it wont let me change the filter. It only stays on the game I have loaded.

Anyone know what I need to do to get ESF runing??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't install into Condition-Zero actually means that ESF won't work with any game that comes as a package deal with Condition-Zero. I didn't think DoD fell into that category, but I suppose it might. The problem you described is the typical error someone gets when they try to use a CZ pack.

I'd suggest you buy Half-Life 1, as that causes the least problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom