ESF torrent

Best answers
this is a simple request... host a torrient (bittorrent) for the esf installers... for those of you who dont know what bittorrent is heres an explination

bittorrent is a new download technology, normally if fifty people where downloading a file, the server would have to send information to all fifty people at once, what bittorrent does is it sends the compleated parts of the file to other people who are downloading, so the more people downloading the file, in theory the faster the file will download... from the website stand point as long as the person downloading the file has bittorrent installed they only have to download a vary vary small file, say 21Kb off the top of my head, then bittorrent sees the file(.torrent extension) and takes over from there with connecting to ip's that are downloading the same file through bittorrent...also bittorrent will automaticly resume files even if the program is closed... if you attempt to save a new torrent file to the same place it will check and use the parts which where previously downloading... getting rid of some of the problems some people have had trying to download the installer through internet explorer and having it say its done when it was realy disconnected.... also as long as the download window is left open parts will still be sent out to people downloading the file
if you want to know more google it...

bittorrent has been associated with pirates but the only the person who is hosting a copywrited file using bittorrent has been delt with... sites such as suprnova was shut down because they where hosting copyrighted files something that im obviously not asking nor would be implied if you use the download technology

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats the point? Bittorrent is slow and reliant on other users. Its used to conserve bandwidth. The ESF website hosts a link, ESF world will host a link and RedSaiyan will host a link, and I'm sure there'll be a bunch of other sites that host it. Basically my point is they don't need to conserve bandwidth.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mastasurf did it, no one used it. No need for it then.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all bit torrent stuf fto me kunda sux anyway , to ram cpu intensive awell even if u had a setup with 1024mb of memory , besides , there are channels for esf on irc , (thou irc is risky crap cos there use to be and still are some backdoors that people can use to get to your pc) it's dependent on what irc network the esf channels are on thou , i hate dalnet thou ,it's the realm of irc hackers

Best answers
actualy bit-torrent on my computer runs pretty well with vary low usage, but eh... just an idea

Best answers
evirustheslaye said:
actualy bit-torrent on my computer runs pretty well with vary low usage, but eh... just an idea
Yeah well any bit torrent I try to use Eats my computers bandwith and memory like a plage of locusts...
Stick with ESF World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom