ESF Rugby? *Sport*

Best answers
While playing on the esf_stadium map ("Originaly made for the esf clan NEL but that died in a few days... so.. yea...")and noticed the dragonball in the center of the field. It reminded me of sports games like football, soccer, and rugby. The dragonball being the ball and the field goal post being the goal.

It wouldn't requirer changes nor additions in character animation, because they're already there. Actually, the characters and the fighting system could be left alone. The only thing that would need to be add/modified is the scoring system; detecting when a point has been scored for either team, and the score board recording the score.

Other games like UC/UT2003 (Unreal Championship/ Unreal Tournment 2003) and PSO (Phantasy Star Online) have incorporated some sort of sports game in one way or another; UC with it's own version of rugby and PSO with soccer.

Also, the International Soccer HLMod turned out to be good, proving a sports game like this could be done on the HL engine.

Comments, Critics?

Best answers
I think its good, but if u wanna play real foot ball people could just melee u to death, take the ball and keep chucking it through the goals. It would need alot of coding. To make it no flying, or swooping, and once someone jumps and chcuks the ball through the goal post it auto adds the score and makes it eveyrone goes to the starting position, but good idea

Best answers
Thats the thing, you wouldn't need to make it so you could only walk and not swoop. Swooping and Flying could be left in and are encouraged to keep the DBZ effect.

For any Harry Potter fans, or people who just saw the 1st movie (like me), if you remeber the game "quittage" (spell?) the ESF sports game would be similar to that. For any who don't know about quittage, you fly around and arena on a broom and use offensive strategy- plus teamwork to put a ball through a vertically floating ring. The football/ rugby effect would come with players trying to kill player with ball (dragonball) with swoops, beams, disc, etc..

Best answers
Then its pretty boring if your doing it like that, but still, good idea.

Best answers
Good point, it could get boring.

So what would it need to keep from getting boring?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, that's a pretty good idea, but the field would have to be pretty big.

Reminds me of when KWS and I made a little mini-game on this bridge map. There's a map on his server with a birdge in the middle, and you can destroy it. KWS and I were defending it from a bunch of other guys on the team. It was quite a bit of fun, it went on for a good half-hour before it got destroyed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESf is not for such games ... youdon't have to base on one mod and hope for everything you want ... try other mods ... there's already such a ball game in any mod ... I think it's called "Canonball" ... search it and play it ...

this mode would be really too much to do ... it would not be like DBZ ... it would cause completely new bots

Best answers
Yeah, I mean, honestly, you people. Playing football, rugby, or even american football (no idea why you'd want to) belongs in other mods, not a DBZ mod.

This is a fighting game based on DBZ, not a football/rugby mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh hush, you cannot play football with DBZ powers on any mod, and don't try to say you can. This obviously isn't a very high priority Suggestion, but adding little mini-games are always fun. Starcraft was meant to be a strategy game, yet they had tons of little mini-mods that origianlly came with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom