ESF is discouraging

Best answers
Well, that's what I think.
When you join a game in half time everybody is so strong and if you are a noob you don't have any chance to play without being killed every minute or even have a chance to attack.
In almost every other mod I know or even in every other gamestyle I know you are at least able to "swim with the swarm", so why are there teams? Just because the series says so?
Where is teamplay? If you are good you don't need your mates, there is actually no single thing implemented in this mod which could encourage teamplay.
I played ESF because it was fun these nice animated and really well done models to controle, to see the guys you know from tv, to do some kamehamahahehahas, just like in the sereis, but that's it.
This game is absolutly not newbie friendly, and misses every aspect of teamply.
And well this is the suggestions section and not the *****ing section so I suggest, you either make it like deathmatch or you think about something which could encourage teamplay.
And in general, the point system gives the rest, if you are good, you become stronger and stronger, so we have a strong good player against a noob, the credit system is ok, but I think it is too advantaged, the diffrence between 1 000 000 and 2 000 000 shouldn't be that big.

Oh just me, the complaining penetrator

yes, yes I know I should do my own mod.

Best answers
there is a deathmatch mode. without teams.

any game will have the good players winning and the newbies losing. it's the law of the universe. how long newbies stick with it defines whether they stop being newbies and become players, in turn winners.

I die almost every minute when I play too. There is a lot of factors. - I don't play much, or as much as the people i verse. - I have 56k modem. - The players are just better than me. - The game is fast paced, you are meant to die every minute. You also respawn every minute, yes?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people get owned in CS, TFC, MS, NS, DOD, and practically any other half life mod you can think of (unless its coop). esf is no different. there will always be the great players, the not so great players, and the n00bs.

Best answers
catfish said:
there is a deathmatch mode. without teams.

any game will have the good players winning and the newbies losing. it's the law of the universe. how long newbies stick with it defines whether they stop being newbies and become players, in turn winners.

I die almost every minute when I play too. There is a lot of factors. - I don't play much, or as much as the people i verse. - I have 56k modem. - The players are just better than me. - The game is fast paced, you are meant to die every minute. You also respawn every minute, yes?
Yes, and that's why it is discouraging, of course you get owned in CS etc... but that's not the same as it is in EFS.
I don't want to discredit ESF, it's a nice game, but I think there would be more player if it wasn't so hard to feel success.

Since, the DBZ series was sooooo slow 20 episodes just for the waving to summon an attack, I think it should be slowed down a bit.
I might be wrong but I still think it would attract more players.

Best answers
I think you will feel a lot more achievement when extra transformations get added. I think this because if they leave the transformation rate how it is now, (average 30 mins to get to first transform) when they add extra transforms it will take too long to get them.

So when they add level 2 transforms, you'll be getting level 1 in half the time. When they add level 3, you will get level 1 in 1/3 the time and level 2 in 2/3. (I'd imagine anyway, I don't know exact PLs or exactly what ESF team is planning etc)

So imagine getting level 1 transform after 5-10 mins of play, then level 2 10 mins later, and level 3 10 more mins after that. It will make the game a lot more fun to play. Hopefully they will add really nice visual effects and nice moves when you ascend to these levels so it will be a real show when it happens.

We just have to sit around and wait in the meantime.

Another thing I find that makes the game more exciting is if you use your scouter to seek out stronger opponents, or pick fights with players you know are better than you. This is what DBZ was all about really. Finding the ultimate fight and trying to win it. You have to think about what the style of game is designed for.

In CS you got the objectives to do. In ESF, the objective is to better yourself as a fighter (or in the real world as an ESF player). Part of this is your PL and how much you can transform, but most of it is how well you can fight and your fighting style (fight the tough guys or fight the weak guys?)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"kamehamahahehahas" lol

anyway, maybe its the melee that discourages you. many people i know dont like esf because of its melee. there is no difference in which game you get owned in. pwnage = pwnage :)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Teamplay all depends on the people and I haven't seen many people that will co-operate. ESF has more co-operation involved than Quake3 but less than counterstrike. It all depends on the people and the know how to work together.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If ESF discourages you, then perhaps you shouldnt play it. I like ESF so much because you have to really play a lot to get good.

And if melee is what's bothering you, just wait until 1.2 and see if that changes your mind. :smile:

Best answers
Yep, I'm looking forward to 1.2
Anyway, of course it depends on players whether there is teamplay or not, but there is nothing which encourages it, like classes, or just the way how the map is done.

Best answers
Each character IS a class.

Let me ask you somthing: in the show, what do you see the characters doing when they're fighting like a team?

If that doesn't end the case right here and now, I'll spell it out for you: you want teamplay, you tell a friend to take left, while you take right, or vice versa. You attack from your pre-meditated attack position... The end. That's the team play you see in DBZ, that's the team play you could see in ESF, provided everybody wasn't a jerk. I.E., you work a guy down to 8 hp, and you're gettin ready to finish'em off, and then some bozo fires a kamehameha at'em.

Best answers
I think teamplay will come when the new melee system comes..

As it is now, it's virtually impossible to protect your teammates when meleed since they instantly get knocked away, and the guy that attack will follow em most of the time..
If the new melee system really does have kicking and punching involved, wich means the 2 fighters will remain almost stationary, it will also be possible to help a teammate who is getting his ass whooped..

Orz

Best answers
It's possible to play as a team with the beam system, although I've never actually managed to get a multiple power-struggle happening without deliberately staging it. But when it comes to melee, you're really on your own, and it <i>can</i> be discouraging when you're suddenly turned into a pinball by a group of players.

On the other hand, you can always knock away somebody who's teaming up against your friend and ensure that they're getting a fair fight. With the speed of the game, though, you often find yourself more interested in your own safety than anyone elses'.

Best answers
I actually think that what you pointed out is actually encouraging. I would rather fight stronger players, to bring my PL up higher. This way I can reach my transformation faster, and then be at an equal or greater level to the person who I am fighting.

Best answers
SsJ-SonGohan said:
I actually think that what you pointed out is actually encouraging. I would rather fight stronger players, to bring my PL up higher. This way I can reach my transformation faster, and then be at an equal or greater level to the person who I am fighting.
hey this guy knows my secret :laff:

yes this is the key... fight stronger players and get PL faster

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF isnt a game like Counterstrike or Battlefield1942. Both those games require teamwork to win and no matter how good you are, your not going to beat a team that works together by yourself or with a team that doesnt work toghether. When people use teamwork in esf, everyone complians about double teaming, heck if somone helps me i get mad becuase i think of it like hes trying to steal my kill which i could have earned without him. Like ET said, it requires a lot of playing to get good which is what your going to have to do. Play a lot if you want to be good. What i basicly see what your asking for is somone good to do all the work then somone who hasnt played this game a lot and is new to it to get the kill for all the good persons hard work. ESF is based DragonBall Z and in DragonBall Z, most of the fights were 1 on 1 like wolf said. I guess ESF could get discoriging if your new, but the poeple that are good worked at it to be good so in a way, they deserve to kill u lol.(meh im not saying anything like newbs suck and they all shouldnt get anykills im just trying to prove my point)

Best answers
I agree with Hybrid. In cs when some kills someone you've been shooting, its like :"Hey, ty, i almost died". In ESF its like "&*$# YOU BIA*CH". IMO ESF is based on honor and pride, how good you are compared to everyone else. BTW you mention:
When you join a game in half time everybody is so strong and if you are a noob you don't have any chance to play without being killed every minute or even have a chance to attack.
Melee is based on ki not your powerlevel fool :D

Best answers
yeap. thats just it. ESF is a different style of game to CS. If you want extreme team and strategy game try playing Ghost Recon. It's very strategic and team based. You have to position everyone super slowly and super quietly to not get noticed and then all work together at once to take down the enemies.

ESF should be viewed like the characters play it in the cartoon. It took Vegeta hundreds of episodes, and the threat of the whole universe's destruction before he would accept to fight along side Goku.

I guess ESF really is just a 1 on 1 or if you are feeling really pig-headed a 1 on many game.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you want teamplay? wait for devil to come into a server, and you will see EVERYONE attack him from all sides. lol.

Best answers
WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets clear that up by devil, as in, Devil, and NOT Wolf Devil, k?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom