ESF Hackers

Best answers
:S

Hacks don't exist in half-life, end of discussion. If someone traced your ip and gained control of your client and literally did some damage, that is a crime. I know not one person in half-life capable of doing such a thing. So please, go and tell me how a 14 year old Dragon Ball Z Fan "hacked" your computer. I _really_ want to hear this one. :S

Best answers
Okay, if you havent read my above statements... I said we have no idea who is hacking us. Can you guys just please quit pointing fingers, or assuming its an Esf player. Till we have proof of who is hacking us, we wont post any names.

Best answers
lol your a funny guy but this isn't flame day or somethign its hacker post and listen incase you haven't noticed not everyone here is teenager some are adults and older as well as players so dun give me that age crap thats like wit me I made a game model for Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast and it was eventually used for the X Box version my name was in the credits of the game and all that and I'm only 15 so age don't count for crap.

Best answers
umm actually, i kinda heard with the whole gamespy/w.o.n thing, that hackers do have a back door into your computer and its a problem thats getting worse.

Best answers
Thank your for not being a flamer like half the other people age doesn't matter were just talkin about hacking personally I dun care if these people get in trouble I just want to warn you people and prevent any further stuff if you wanna flame me for it feel free.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They should have a hacker report thread, where you give the hackers WonID, name, and IP, so they can be banned.

Best answers
That would be nice, but you would have to find out who hacks you. But ya, if it is a esf player, we will do that.

Best answers
Yea that would be nice well lucky for me I have nort in alot of sub directories so its hard to get virused but I deleted by ESF and reinstalled everything seems fine now. By the way people I think we were hacked or otherwise strange coninsidence we have all had system problems Auron Tidus Me and now our Server guy Taint so thats not coninsidence thats hacking.

Best answers
It is clearly visible to us, that we have been hacked. We have suffered a serious blow to the clan, our server is now fried, and needs to be reloaded. If we lose our computers with the site, all hell will hear what we have to say. We will give you our evidence when we get done doing what we need to. Bye and keep safe.

Best answers
how do u know that it is from esf, i have been hacked, for downloading.

u could be hacked by many people while u are using many different things

Best answers
Yes that is a strong possibility. But we are looking into our logs and what not. This started 2 days ago on Taints server, then it is now starting to happen to all of us. We still are not sure who did it. But we are possitive that we have been hacked. If you guys run a server, you could ask Taint for this nice little Program. It loggs everything that happens on your servers. We will survive this, and we look forward to playing with most of you. Just keep safe, and we hope it does not happen to any of you.

Best answers
*fine, it was to personal*
Okay, if you havent read my above statements... I said we have no idea who is hacking us. Can you guys just please quit pointing fingers, or assuming its an Esf player. Till we have proof of who is hacking us, we wont post any names.
Then why is the title ESF Hackers?

And why do you list a clan in your first post?

:S

Get your stories right, then we can talk about hackers.

Best answers
Wow taking it personal now huh lets just say I know hackers that are like 14 and 13 ok so dun mouth off to me look you wanna insult me do it in a PM dun bring it here.

Best answers
You know, this is pointless trying to talk to someone who knows "100%" bull****. You do not need to be a certain age to be skilled at something. You can go along with your ****ty statistics and what not, but all we said was, beware of hackers aloose. And also, dont tell me about firewalls, routers. My father is a networking man, so he has already had that stuff because he is aware there are hackers on the net. And again, so you will shut up, we are not sure if it was an esf player. Will everyone just count this as a warning, and just leave it as that.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You people aren't making any sense. Here's what I've picked up through skimming this thread:

1.) A small group of Ox clan members have been "hacked" over the last few days.
2.) No one has defined what "hacked" is supposed to mean.
3.) Nobody knows what has caused it or what to look for.
4.) Nobody has posted a copy of the logs, or an example of the damage dealt.

There is no substance in this thread. If you guys want to get credible and really give us a warning, show us a picture, or get more than two people to testify.

Best answers
well, i havent been in this yet but, about 2 days ago i was sitting here playing, and comp just restarted on its own. then, after it get to the boot screen of windows XP pro, the hard drive lost power, and the computer would restart again. this would just happen over and over. i couldnt get into windwos at all. i just finished reinstalling my windows. I am convinced that someone had to get into my computer and put a virus on my C drive. And dont say its from downloading because i have a second hard drive and everything i install or download goes on there. If it happens again, i will find out who it is, and they will pay dearly.

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :devgrin: :devgrin:

**EDIT**

oh ya and the @ss that said my server was slow, i dont really care if its slow. if you dont like my server then dont come in. im not here to be flamed or disrespected. I just run it to play and provide a place for others to play. It may be slow for people since it is in pittsburgh PA.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting. And nobody has logs of anything happening to their hard drives through their servers? I imagine something like that would show up. Another note: These things do happen on their own. Maybe not to all of you at once, but this kind of thing has happened to me and it was totally unrelated to ESF. Just a hard drive failure that damages the operating system. I will look up more information on this back door on my own, but until then you guys get some worth while testimonies and a screenshot or two in here.

Best answers
but its funny cuz it just happened out of no where. maybe it wasnt a hacker in my case but something happened. i would look for logs on my server but my adminmod was set up so it didnt save ne thing. unless there is a way to look at the logs i dont know about since i dont know much about them. im still putting a firewall and norton on the server computer incase ne one trys to connect to that comp and mess with anything.

Best answers
hacking somebodys computer has nothing to do with esf.. and only way i can see anybody playing esf even remotly coming close to your computer is through a trojan.. and youd have to d/l that from some where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom