• Total voters
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
heh.. :) i just want that the esf team goes to finish this mod. and maybe then go to HL2. but you never know... maybe there is comming a half-life mod to half-life 2 converter. you never know.. maybe source/ code converter. :)

btw: here is a little text from the site:

Half-Life 2" is scheduled to hit store shelves Sept. 30. Developed once again by Valve and published again by Vivendi's (V: Research, Estimates) Sierra games division, the game will put players back in the familiar shoes of crowbar wielding hero Gordon Freeman, battling aliens from the planet Xen.

you can also read it here: http://money.cnn.com/2003/04/23/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
As long as ESF continues, I really don't care whether it is on HL or HL2. I am satisfied with it on HL, so if it can't be put on HL2, that's fine with me.:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't mind either way, but ESF should just stay on HL, and not convert to HL2 when it is released. (trust me, it's going to be later than September, mostly ALL games are held back a little)

I think unfortunately, many people who use other engines for games, like Unreal Tournament, and Quake for example, only use those engines because they look good graphically.
Of course, looking good is nice for something to have, but IMO I have always thought Half-Life just had a certain flair and fun originality that no other engines I have played on have.
Call me old-fashioned, but I say just because a new engine that rolls along can support more polygons, bigger maps, better models, etc, a game should not be totally destroyed and resurrected for that engine.

Thats my two cents. :)

Best answers
wtf?

half-life 2?

half-life is way differnt then esf, in textures, movement, weapons, ect.
why hl 2?

just make it a ps2 game or xbox game, then sell it.

no sense of making a new hl.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by mysticssjgoku4
wtf?

half-life 2?

half-life is way differnt then esf, in textures, movement, weapons, ect.
why hl 2?

just make it a ps2 game or xbox game, then sell it.

no sense of making a new hl.

LOL... HL2 is the new hl being made by valve. Its a new engine so everything looks different. From the screenshots I have seen I think it looks even better then doom 3.

Best answers
the pics i saw were beautiful and i can't wait for this new HL2 to be out. If there's backwards compatablity, that makes it all the better! i can play all the mods i have now and no worries! i would like to see the ESF team to take a peek at the new code, to see how hard it could be... maybe Valve will release a manual for mod makers

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It said on planethalflife.com that HL2 will have even more mod capabilities than HL.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like ESF on HL. I can actually play it then ;P HL2's gonna punish my poor little POS comp ;P

-Karrde-

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The people have spoken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom