Best answers
'Hey everybody!!

i tried to assign bones 2 a model and convert it to mdl but i got this error:

too many normals in model

what does it mean????

Best answers
Graive said:
i have no idea
I don`t think this was useful. Please, if you don`t have something useful to say, just don`t.
Thank you.

And for the model compile, i`ve had it too, but i don`t realy remember how i fixed it. Have you atatched the esf skeleton to the model, or a skeleton you did by yourself?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not about ur skeleton its about ur model itself... it got to many polys.. you have to make the model in parts. Welcome Back ^^"

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can split the model up into peices and compile it into one to get past that, i forget the qc code though

Best answers
I think its about the model itself i wanted to play with the gohan that darksniper made and used the esf gohan skeleton, assigned all polly's 2 the
skeleton. it was to practice but i got this error.

strange because i saw this model ingame. Mabeh its because i work with
milkshape and he did it with an other program.

Best answers
help

}

$bodygroup body2
{
studio "Knives"
}

u edit the qc file, tools -> half-life -> edit qc file and open the qc file. then just copy the the first part above so theres 2 like above and just rename the studio, then export your smd into somethign random, after that delete half of your model and export as one of the names of the studios, then import the first smd u exported and and delete the half u just exported and export it as the 2nd studio... hope i helped.

Best answers
i rigged it awhile back ago and im told by Darksniper NOT to release it to anyone so yeh..

Too many normals means too many vertices and you can use the method Jehuty posted, that also works as well but you have to split the model up and rename them then export them as several smds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom