Error Message, *Begs For Help On Knees*

Best answers
Hey There Guys,

Sorry to bother you all but I mind myself in a dillema. ESF works on my friends computer, however not on mine. We both run Win2K and his works perfectly. However when I run mine and choose either to join a server or to create one during the creation/joining screen, I recieve a windows error saying hl.exe error program will be restarted and it keeps on doing it. Is there anyway I might be able to fix this, or does perhaps anyone know the problem. Please any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Much Thanks
Pythos

Best answers
I used to have the same problem, if u have beta 1.0 get the patch to get 1.1 then it should work.
Mine used to come up with error messeges whenever i tried to play but after i updated it to v 1.1 it worked fine.

Best answers
Pythos said:
Hey There Guys,

Sorry to bother you all but I mind myself in a dillema. ESF works on my friends computer, however not on mine. We both run Win2K and his works perfectly. However when I run mine and choose either to join a server or to create one during the creation/joining screen, I recieve a windows error saying hl.exe error program will be restarted and it keeps on doing it. Is there anyway I might be able to fix this, or does perhaps anyone know the problem. Please any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Much Thanks
Pythos

Try Reinstalling half-life and esf
hl.exe is the Half - Life program

Best answers
Yeah, the problem IS with the HL.exe to begin with so reinstalling half - life it self would solve the problem; and reinstalling ESF just to make sure nothing else happens would be the best thing to do, because lately people have been getting many errors.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make sure that your on the admin area or you have admin rights, because halflife wont run on a limited account (dunno if thats only compatible with windows xp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom