Epic Battle Effects

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I first heard about ESF, I thought it was like an action MMORPG and that I'd be seeing gigantic power struggles in the far distance between the two most powerful players.

I think ESF could use some little effects to point out when certain people are strong. They have larger explosions and bigger scouter dots, but I think more can be added for a better DBZ feel.

1) Melee clashes. I think that white ring that appear when you use basic melee should grow larger at certain PLS. I also think a small screen shake should happen when hitting/getting his by a strong attack by a high PL player. I really do not know too much about the melee, so I can't add much.

2) Beams. I think lightning should appear on generic beams after a certain PL. Also, beams that are dramatically more powerful than their target should vaporize them and keep going, instead of exploding. Also, perhaps bigger beam heads to be proportional to the user's pl?

3) Powerstruggles. If the beam head size increases, that means the power struggle center will be large. At the center, if it really is a powerful struggle, rocks should float, lighting near the area, and perhaps even the entire stage dims a little.

4) Transformations. I think when a person reaches his highest transformation for the *first* time (or just for select characters), the entire stage should dim so the whole server knows that player reached that amount of PL.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Melee clashes. I think that white ring that appear when you use basic melee should grow larger at certain PLS. I also think a small screen shake should happen when hitting/getting his by a strong attack by a high PL player. I really do not know too much about the melee, so I can't add much.
This could be cool.

2) Beams. I think lightning should appear on generic beams after a certain PL. Also, beams that are dramatically more powerful than their target should vaporize them and keep going, instead of exploding. Also, perhaps bigger beam heads to be proportional to the user's pl?
The lightning could be a cool effect. Beams alreasy do vaporise the enemy since the OB i believe. Bigger beamheads wouldnt really work imo, as you would have to cap it off pretty early before things became ridiculous, and the difference wouldnt be too noticeable.

3) Powerstruggles. If the beam head size increases, that means the power struggle center will be large. At the center, if it really is a powerful struggle, rocks should float, lighting near the area, and perhaps even the entire stage dims a little.
I dont know about the sky dimming, that could become irritating, but Im sure Dalte has some FX up his sleeves.

4) Transformations. I think when a person reaches his highest transformation for the *first* time (or just for select characters), the entire stage should dim so the whole server knows that player reached that amount of PL.
I think this could be cool.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Sounds OK

2.) Allready in 1.2

3.) Partially allready in ESF

4.) as long as it doesnt bother the others to much.

Best answers
cool idea chakra-x....this will be great ....if they are going to do it:):):)

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Cool idea's

Although, with 4), the players first time transforming should also be a lot more epic (e.g. with Goku, lightning should strike around the whole stage), longer, they should be invincible (thought they can't stop this first transformation to avoid spammers), and everyone in the map should hear the transformation music and characters grunts etc.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol I just got vaporized by a damn Generic beam from Masta in our 1.3 session earlier.. I couldnt stop laughing, it was great.

the transformations.. oh they will be epic.. Dalte has A LOT of control over our FX department, you WILL be amazed.. im always shocked when that kid does stuff.. amazing!

Melee clashes.. I think he's upgrading those too.. we had a talk about this a few hours ago and how melee should feel more powerful.. Im redoing the hit anis also right now.. Im not done, but hopefully I will be soon.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
the transformations.. oh they will be epic.. Dalte has A LOT of control over our FX department, you WILL be amazed.. im always shocked when that kid does stuff.. amazing!
Man, you're getting me hyped. Haven't played esf since 1.2.3's release and now I feel like playing again ^^

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dalte's an absolute workhorse. He'll crank out some nice effects to pump the feel of ESF. I can see a huge difference between now and before he joined. It's like night and day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom