Enhanced Blocking

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This suggestion is to enhance the blocking feature, i'm sure you could've got that from the thread name.

Defence:

Basically when blocking energy attacks, a small invisible field of ki is layed out in front of you that slows down energy attacks before the blockstruggle begins. This gradually uses up a little bit of ki but gives you a slight advantage when the blockstruggle occurs, as some of the 'push' is already given before the struggle starts. Until the attack (lets say a spirit bomb) hits you, the animation is like this;

Then the normal animation occurs just before the ball hits you and the blockstruggle begins.

This means that the longer you block before contact, the bigger advantage you get when the struggle starts. If you have fast reflexes and block earlier then you'll get a bigger boost.

However during the blockstruggle, people can get behind you and start blocking (laying out their invisible field of ki) to help you win the blockstruggle, in the same way you can help win a powerstruggle.

Offence:

If you've thrown the bomb but want to help the struggle, you should be able to look at the bomb (the computer defines whether the bomb is 'friendly' or not by checking who threw it) and block, and the animation becomes like this;

And your teammates can push it too (by blocking while facing it) to help win the struggle.

Why do this? Well it would encourage teamwork, and also the winning team would obliterate all the blockers on the opposing team, so instead of getting one kill, you might get three or four.

Best answers
Interesting ideas.

But I think that there should a limit of the bonus you can get from pre-blocking. Because then you can stand blocking in the sky, waiting for someone to shoot at you, and instantly turn their attacks away.

One thing: is the offence idea only for the spirit bomb? if it is, I dont think its a good idea, it will on make goku stronger, which is obviously not needed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deathball too, but not just the big attacks. And not just balls, beams too, Final Flash for example. I was only using Spirit Bomb as an example because thats what the pics were from.

Yeah there should be a limit, maybe a maximum of 128 units for the size of the block field, and about a maximum of 50% bonus boost to the blockstruggle.

Best answers
there maybe a layer of ki... but i thought that in the anime, if the blast was too huge to dodge, that they would have to stand there with their hands hand to try and block the energy waiting for it to come in contact.. then the ki would start to pump... so i think that the current blocking is pretty accurate to the anime and doesn't need altering..

Best answers
I suggested this for moves like the Death ball, and the big bang a long time ago. Well the pushing part, but I like your idea of if you react to the block faster you will get a bigger advantage. Its kind of true though like how they have blocking now. Its too power level orientated it should atleast take some skill instead of just holding mouse1 down.

Best answers
yeah, it would be fun but the others helping should probably not get the kills since thier only there helping

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you were in a team or ctdb game then the team's points are increased with each frag, so they're helping themselves in the long run I guess.

[EDIT: To fix the problem of someone blocking the entire time and increasing their field, the Defensive Pushing should only start when looking at an energy attack. Otherwise it's just a normal block for basic melee. That way if an energy attack if friendly they'll do the offensive push, and if it's unfriendly, the defensive one.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom