Good Idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, this is my latest idea. We should have it so when your out of KI, you dont just fall out of the ground like a panzy and everything.

This should happen:

- Your PowerLevel drops at a rate half of turbo, enless turn is on, which then it would drop at turbo speed.
- You slow down, and have tired animations. IE normal stance is bent over panting, etc.

The effects of this idea:

*Positives

- Longer Power struggles
- Longer Fights
- Longer Everything

*Negatives

- Lose of power
- Slower
- Weakend state

All in all this will improve gameplay alot. Simply to get out of this state, charge up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think this is such a good idea... seeing people run out of Ki loads of times during a game.

By the way: "tired animations"? That would mean twice as many animations... o_o

And why would it mean that everything lasts longer??

Best answers
Blade: I think that (s)he's suggesting that, effectively, you will always have ki to use - but if your ki "runs out", you burn up your pl instead. So if my ki bar is empty and I'm in a powerstruggle, I can continue to put ki into it - however, my pl will decrease as I put ki into it, so there is an element of risk to it.

I think it's a great idea, but needs a couple of changes:

- you don't lose pl for having no ki. You only lose pl when you perform an action/are in a state that requires ki, but you have none left to spare. You should still drop out of fly mode automatically, because you don't want to use pl as ki unless you choose to.

- when you charge up, it replenishes pl you've lost before charging up the ki bar.

- you can't use pl as ki if your pl is 5,000 or under. This is to stop people killing themselves (accidently or on purpose).

- don't use "tired" anims, as this requires a lot of work for the models. Just make the pl turn red, instead.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But doesn't that take the little remaining strategy within power struggles back out of it? First person to run out of ki should have a serious disadvatage beyond a slowly dropping power level, otherwise the stronger man will always win. I'll post more about this later when I've got some time...

Best answers
Using pl as ki wouldn't be like the pl drain when you go below 10 hp - it would be more substantial than that. You'd still be encouraged to use your ki wisely, but running out of ki wouldn't make you the passive dummy it does now.

Also, I propose that instead of dropping out of ssj when ki runs out, you run the risk of losing ssj if you turn too much pl into ki.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^>^ I'm a guy btw.

And yes I agree with some of the changes, except the red instead of animations, they don't have to change all of them, just the normal stance, and the flying stance.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I like the idea cuz i really hate when you dont have ANY KI left, you drop on ground, or you fire beam automatic, OR i need to recharcge when i am in a MELEE fight! and i really hate that! so i like sierrasonic's idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, now thats talking, LONGER FIGHTS ^^
nice thinking ^^

Best answers
there is alot of things that esf lacks but this is 1.0.

pros speed is nice and gameplay is fun
cons takes away the dbz. i would like the scouter not to work on pls. i dont like to know how strong someone is. but this is a good idea if only i could charge my pl back up. if i lose alot of pl in a fight. have a super charge of power animation. or being able to hide true pl. make you seem weak. Would it not be fun if a noob starting toying with you and you laugh and say. Now let me show you my true power. and bam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whoa, it falls slowly, and when you recharge it, you have to charge back up your pl before you gain back your energy. Plus it takes time to charge it back up, its not going to be instant. It all depends on the ammount of power you lost, like 100,000 takes 3 seconds. but to lose that would be 9 seconds or some ****. Really its up to harsens.

Plus this idea comes from DBZ, when they charge an attack their PL goes up, but after soem drainage, like gokus overcharge on his kame to cell, he lost PL, He could of charged it back up with a sensu bean, but hey this is a game, so why not just power back up.

Best answers
The one thing like i said i would like is to hide pl that would be sweet.

Also i dont think when fighting pl should go up auto. i think they have to power up. so after playing a while staying at the same power i go Lets test my full power. hit a button and bring fear to the hearts of n00bs.

Thing i would like to see

scouter not show pl after a point.
Pl does not go auto when training you must powerup to that point. the longer you train under that low pl the tougher you get and then at one limit of your power you hit super. but there is only so much pl you can hide

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wouldnt work

this would cause problems with the pl stuff

cause if a person who dies there pl is lowered or rased to the server average then if 2 people have been doing a ps for 2 minutes at 0 ki then everyone else is gonna suffer for there ps which totaly isnt fair for everyone else who has nothing to do with them

besides i know tons of times when im out of ki and i dont wish that i could blow my pl just to keep a ps going

Best answers
hmm my suggestion to end all the average pl stuff

Its an anger meter that when full would increase pl for a bit or do some crazy pissed off move (ala vegeta)(or some other thing thats sweet). But it would go up faster if someone with a higher pl was knocking you around (i.e person with lower pl is hitting you, goes up slloowwwllyyy, person with same pl goes up normally, person with higher pl goes up veerryy quickly). Then you could change the whole gaining pl when you die (kinda unrealistic) cause then the people getting owned would have a chance against the people with higher pls.

Then sonics idea would work, cause no matter what your pl is you would have a chance against someone with a higher pl. You could also add the tired effects after using the rage stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would cause even more problems and even more work

besides low pl people DONT stand a chance vs high pl people thats the whole point of having a high pl is so u have an advantage over everyone else

Best answers
true it would cause more work, but why would it cause more problems. And as of right now, everyone with a high pl gets pissed cause when they die they loose a ton of pl if everyone else has really low pl. This way they could keep their high pl (but wouldnt get the anger bonus that often and would keep them from dominating the match) and the low pl people would have something to fight back with (you ever entered a game where theyre all 50 000 000 pl and your vegeta wil 750 000 pl, your gallit gun doesnt do jack).

And then with the sonic's idea, the lower pl people would live longer so they would get the rage more often and could get some kills, even though they would get tired alot from expending all their ki. Sonics idea also keeps the high pl people from sitting atop the map and kame ing everyone in sight (cause they would have to power up periodically so they wouldnt go into tired mode, and powering up tends to draw lots of attention)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cheeto101
hmm my suggestion to end all the average pl stuff

Its an anger meter that when full would increase pl for a bit or do some crazy pissed off move (ala vegeta)(or some other thing thats sweet). But it would go up faster if someone with a higher pl was knocking you around (i.e person with lower pl is hitting you, goes up slloowwwllyyy, person with same pl goes up normally, person with higher pl goes up veerryy quickly). Then you could change the whole gaining pl when you die (kinda unrealistic) cause then the people getting owned would have a chance against the people with higher pls.

Then sonics idea would work, cause no matter what your pl is you would have a chance against someone with a higher pl. You could also add the tired effects after using the rage stuff.
Never suggest in my topics, NEVER!

Hibiki, this lowered PL wouldn't effect the average, the normal PL would be remembered by the server. Otherwise, how would he be able to charge back up to his normal + all PL gained thorugh kills? If the "kill" command is used, the PL of the one guy goes to the average, if it isnt, then his PL returns to normal when killed.

Best answers
i was simply suggesting a different pl system so your idea would work, youll even notice that i relate the whooleee thing back to your idea cause Hibiki suggested it wouldnt work. No need to get worked up about it. (and really, its only a suggestion thread, the whole idea for this forum is suggestions, and if im helping your suggestion out, what the deal, i didnt see a rule in the forum rules that said "dont post an idea in someone elses topic, even if the idea is related to the topic", Generally i keep all my posts on topic and i did there, so frankly i dont care)

On topic, say if you were tired though, how much would your speed be decreased??? I mean, losing a bunch of pl is really really harsh as it is, but being too slow would just be hardcore.

Best answers
i like the hiding it makes sense, like when i go ssj i turn it off so i can train and when i really need to go ssj i show it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mystic Snidely
Blade: I think that (s)he's suggesting that, effectively, you will always have ki to use - but if your ki "runs out", you burn up your pl instead. So if my ki bar is empty and I'm in a powerstruggle, I can continue to put ki into it - however, my pl will decrease as I put ki into it, so there is an element of risk to it.

I think it's a great idea, but needs a couple of changes:

- you don't lose pl for having no ki. You only lose pl when you perform an action/are in a state that requires ki, but you have none left to spare. You should still drop out of fly mode automatically, because you don't want to use pl as ki unless you choose to.

- when you charge up, it replenishes pl you've lost before charging up the ki bar.

- you can't use pl as ki if your pl is 5,000 or under. This is to stop people killing themselves (accidently or on purpose).

- don't use "tired" anims, as this requires a lot of work for the models. Just make the pl turn red, instead.
Well, if you put it that way... yeah that sounds cool :yes:

Anger/Rage meter has been suggested before, by the way.

(Anger is a bad thing, Rage is a good thing in DBZ :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom