is any of this true

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
endless maps? there are no endless maps, not in hl and not in any other engine. you can make it seem to be endless with repeating the map on its borders/tiling but thats not possible in hl.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not on the halflife engine - its getting on a bit now :)

Best answers
wat about the hl2 engine +will there be a esf mod for hl2?!?!?!?

Best answers
endless maps ... maybe if you put teleports into it so you go to other side maybe?
i'm going to try that:D

Best answers
or is it possible to just have one HUGE sphere for the world (not with hammer edito but summat alot better)

Thnx for the feedback so far

Best answers
dunno about other progs but i have quark and you can make much bigger maps for Q3 and halflife but i don't think halflife can take that big o_O
oh and thank you for the idea to make an "endless map"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think about it. Endless map? Nothing can be endless. Sure you could line the borders of the map with teleports, but that would really complicate gameplay.
Even HL2 has a map size limit, it's just 64x the total volume of HL1.

Best answers
i was reading sth about 64 bit processors and there was something like that. not really endless but really titanic maps. but your current processor will never be able to calculate maps like that ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL2 can only make it seem endless. The skybox is supposed to be much more advanced, not to mention the already huge area alotted. It is impossible to have a truly endless world. Teleports wouldn't work well because in HL, you can have a brush-based entity that connects to one point-based entity only. You would have to make hundreds of these entity pairs. It would require a lot of work and be wasted in the end when you compile because you will get a too many entities error.

Best answers
well i made it heh... and for each teleport there are 2 teleport_destinations
it's a basic map but i just made for fun
maybe i'll add some more comets(simple made with cliff texture ) which can be destroyed:p... it's really big now ...i used lot of clipping tool to make comets from the blocks...heh.. just made it for fun so don't expect much... but if someone wants to have it.. just PM me...i just need a site to put it on for free:]

IMA WHALE URGLEURGLEURGLE
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
put it on esf-world i wanna see it :p

Best answers
yea... i'll put it on esf-world once i made it bigger and some destructable comets
that'll be today:]

Best answers
HL2 also has ALOT more features that will be great for ESF, but the team is still being a peehole on porting even though it wont take more than a day from what ive heard... what really will take time is upgrading it to look hl2'ish

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just have the fealing that hl2 suports hl1 mod's, just a gues.
btw, does anyone know's if hl2 is gonna make an hammer for hl2, hammer is good for me and it would be a shame if it nead's a whole diverend prog.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
btw, does anyone know's if hl2 is gonna make an hammer for hl2, hammer is good for me and it would be a shame if it nead's a whole diverend prog.
Yes, there is a new Hammer for Half-Life 2, designed to support the more advanced features of the more advanced engine.

Best answers
niobe said:
i just have the fealing that hl2 suports hl1 mod's
You have to do little coding work to make them run on hl2, port textures to the "materials system" and re-export models

niobe said:
Btw, does anyone know's if hl2 is gonna make an hammer for hl2, hammer is good for me and it would be a shame if it nead's a whole diverend prog.
As said, there is a new hammer, the new stuff in it is mostly just things that makes it support the new features in the source engine, that i wont spoil for u guys ;) i would say it differs about 10%, but the changes are now a good 50 % worthy

Best answers
Nothing is endless.....exept my hate for brocoli.....Bleh!
Anyway it would be cool..endless maps...flying around for 24 hours a day and never reach the end...the end....the end....

Best answers
Nothing is endless..... you say ? what about numbers ? take 100 bajilions, add 1 to that, and 1 to that, show me the end...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eventually you wouldn't have any room left in your mind or paper to write it on. So there's an end ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom