End of the map wall idea

Best answers
It's probably been mentioned, but I hope not. It really pisses me when I hit that wall on the sides of the end of the map. So I was thinking the wall should telport you to the other side so the map seems larger than it really is. I don't know about the wall on the top though......

Best answers
try fighting in the middle of the map...

and the map limits cant do that... or atleast i think they cant...

i dont like the idea but others may but i give this idea: :no: (1 out of 5)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah... that idea just isn't that great in my opinion. You're in the heat of battle, suddenly you're on the other side of the map. I think it'd be better off just left alone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
than beams would come out of nowhere. that would suck. goku charging up a spiritbomb, lauching it to the nearest edge to blow all people on the other side of the map ..
same suggestion was brought up to be implemented in esf_ROSAT. but failed to make it in.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd be do able, but that'd be weird and just get annoying. You'd have beam spammers who'd just camp the edge and back up when they're about to be attacked.

-Karrde-

Best answers
dont really like the idea of just flying to the other side in 0.1 sec lol
could be done but dont like the looks of thousands of teleporters to the other side of the map lol
if you dont like the walls stay clear of em

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maps could be made so that players reach one end and teleport to the other, but beams wouldn't follow.
It would also just be very easy to camp in the place where the map teleports players, and imagine getting meleed into a teleport.

Best answers
I like BF 1942 maps, or BFV maps, where the map continues, but the area you're allowed to fight in ends. Makes it seem much bigger. If something like that could be implemented, it would be nice, but I don't really see how.

Can't make maps that big, really.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well BF 1942 maps are kopied like Delta Force maps there are squers of the terain and they duble into a lot but only in the midle squer ther are huses and the other stuf

PS. this idea would make BS usseless since when you tuch the wall you get teleported to the other side and the beam explodes

LAME if you ask me :(

Best answers
Oh, another thing I HATE about the wall is that one of my friends were able to find out that you can throw a dragon ball out the ends of the map, that way no no is able to get any wishes. Can that be solved at least? It's annoying as f*c*!!!(my friends love doing that for some reason)

Best answers
Instead of this I wish they would find someway to stop the map going away when you hit the border. You can see people thru buildings and stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruffie said:
I like BF 1942 maps, or BFV maps, where the map continues, but the area you're allowed to fight in ends. Makes it seem much bigger. If something like that could be implemented, it would be nice, but I don't really see how.

The fact that you can fly sort of limits that though.

Best answers
actually it could could could possibly work but it would be alot of work and it wouldnt be worth it until a far future realease. what you do it you take the original map and make 5 copies of it. place all 5 maps in the shape of a +. so when you get to the edge of the map you will see the copy of the other side so it would appear that you never teleported at all. then take a copy model of each player on the map and place them in the exact same location as the original player in the 4 bordering maps. this i know can be done because thats how they did the teleport after image. so now, when you fly to the edge of the map, you will see players, and a continuation of the map you are on. the only flaw is the target box would dissapear when you chase someone through a wall but it shouldnt affect things to much.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Game wise, this isn't a good idea.
DragonDude said:
Maps could be made so that players reach one end and teleport to the other, but beams wouldn't follow.
It would also just be very easy to camp in the place where the map teleports players, and imagine getting meleed into a teleport.
He's right in every way. Let's say someone would camp at the edge of the map, and wait (I dont' see why?! You won't be the top 3 scorers of that session.), and as soon as someone comes through, he'll melee that person too all h*ll.
Scruffie said:

This would actually work, but I don't think the Half-Life engine would be able to handle map sizes of those magnitudes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the problem with doing it bf style is hl maps are only so large (ie a mapper has a finite space to work with)

every part a mapper makes in accessable due to hurt entities like in bf or walls or whatever makes the map smaller if u shrunk the playing space ud still see the end of the map and ud still have a smaller place to fight in so nothing is solved

the only way this would work is if the models were downsized again and the maps were even bigger but even then ud still be shrinking maps and having less space to play in

it just doesnt work in hl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom