Elder Scrolls V has been Announced!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Thought I would post these two here, since its a Skyrim thread and all :V
[video=youtube;8BHKLVr_Cxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BHKLVr_Cxw&feature=relmfu[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FLQ4rACE-0&list=PL90229471516D05ED&feature=plcp
Also question, which TES game is the best storywise? I love Skyrim and all, but I kinda want to try one of the other TES games, provided they have a epic story :V

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oblivion had a good story. I don't remember the story from Morrowind as much

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of them have a good storyline.

You lose track of it in an hour or two in and after 10-15 hours of side quests, you suddenly realize you've almost beat it without even trying.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

You lose track of it in an hour or two in and after 10-15 hours of side quests, you suddenly realize you've almost beat it without even trying.
I was talking in relation to other TES games. But this is true.

TES is about exploration, side quests, dungeons. A main story is there to obtain certain things

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Speak for yourself Mkil. Even at 12 years of age I was invested in the main story more than any other game at the time.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then you're weird.

The plot was, entirely

"Seal the Gates of Oblivion before the evil demons come to kill us all"

All that it entailed. There was no plot twists, no revelations, no new story elements, or interesting characters. It was bor-ing.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speak for yourself Mkil. Even at 12 years of age I was invested in the main story more than any other game at the time.
I haven't played much of Oblivion so I can't comment, but if your argument is that your 12 year-old self was entertained, that's not very convincing. My little brother and all of his friends are 12. I wouldn't trust a 12 year old to be able to tell me the correct time, let alone tell me if a story is good.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oblivion wasn't out when I was 12 years old. I haven't even played Oblivion. You guys are dumb. Tsk Tsk.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, I think I understand. You were 11 and a half?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright then, here's the thing.

I received Morrowind on a disk and had absolutely no clue what it was. And when I actually started playing, probably around 12 years of age, It. blew. my. mind. But that is besides the point. I kept coming back to it, every couple of months, or even years. I absolutely loved the plot. There wasn't any spoken dialogue, it was all written. And I READ EVERYTHING. Every book, every lore, every dialogue option. Back then I doubt there was another kid my age who read as much as me. Library was by favorite period by far. I loved reading good stories. And it wasn't those picture books either, I used to have difficulty carrying my huge schoolbag after every library period. And if my younger self says the main quest was epic, I am obliged to believe him.

I agree, compared to Morrowind, Oblivion's plot is very, very simple by far. Probably why I never really liked it. Unfortunately even Skyrim's plot is no where near Morrowind's level, so I am not even going to try to defend it. But Morrowind, I will not stand by and let someone say Morrowind's plot was simple. If there is a reason why I got into RPGs in the first place, Morrowind is it.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he means Morrowind.

Still, Morrowind had even less story than Oblivion.

They aren't story driven games, just sandbox, open world things. They're fun and all, but I have a rael problem finishing them as they just get super boring eventually.

Say what you will, but I like a semi-linear experience. Total freedom gets boring after awhile, events have no tension if you get "YOu must go and save XXX from XXX before they die in the ritual!" In Oblivion.

Then spend 30-40 hours doing other stuff, and the in-game calender shows that like a year has passed, then waltz on up to the main quest again and they reference like it happened yesterday. No tension.

Morrowind begins the same way all games do in the Elder Scrolls.

You wake up, you're arriving some place and most of your past is just plain gone. You're a blank slate to do what you want.

Some really important sounding NPC's walk by you and casually discuss a big event.

Then you, being subtle, get yourself mixed into the events and somehow become crucial to them.

For Morrowind;

Resurrect the Hero so he can defeat the big bad, but twist, you are the Hero ~ That is why you don't recall your past. Defeat the enemy. Bam.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mkilbride, if that's what you think Morrowind's story was, then you were high throughout playing Morrowind.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After a storm and a strange vision in his dreams, the player begins fresh off a boat from a mainland prison in a town called Seyda Neen, freed by the string pulling of the current ruler of the Tamrielic Empire, Emperor Uriel Septim VII, with the task of meeting Caius Cosades, a member of the Blades, a secret group tasked with the protection of the Emperor and the Empire.

Cosades inducts the player into the Blades under orders of the Emperor, and sets the player on various quests to uncover the mysterious disappearances and revelations that the citizens of Vvardenfell have experienced, particularly the Sixth House and the Ashlander prophecies of the Nerevarine. It is later revealed that The Sixth House, and Dagoth Ur, has been directly influencing the people within their dreams, including attempts to invade the player's mind.

Prophecies from the nomadic people living in the Ashlands, The Ashlanders, predict that Nerevar's incarnate will fulfil a set of seven prophecies. The first two prophecies are that Nerevar will be born on a certain day to uncertain parents, and will be cured of Corprus disease. Fulfilling these, the player seeks to complete the third prophecy, a test to find the Moon-and-Star, the symbolic ring worn by Nerevar, which would instantly kill any other who tried to wear it. Once the player finds and equips the ring, he receives a vision from Azura, the ancient Daedric Queen of the Dawn and Dusk, who confirms that the player is Nerevar's incarnate. Nerevar completes the fourth and fifth trials, which are to rally the Great Houses and Ashlanders of Vvardenfell under one banner. After receiving the support and being declared "Hortator" of the Great Houses and "Nerevarine" of the nomadic Ashlander tribes, the player is officially, albeit reluctantly, called "Nerevarine" by the Tribunal Temple, who normally persecute anyone who claims to be the Nerevarine and sentences them to death.

Nerevar is invited to the palace of the poet god-King Vivec to discuss the assault on Dagoth Ur's stronghold in the heart of Red Mountain. Vivec presents the player with the artifact gauntlet Wraithguard, an ancient Dwemer artifact that can use the tools of 'Sunder' and 'Keening'. The ancient implements will destroy the fabled Heart of Lorkhan, but without having the Wraithguard equipped, it will deal a fatal blow to whoever wields it.

The player travels into Red Mountain to Dagoth Ur's citadel. After talking with Dagoth Ur, who attempts to sway the player to his side with the claim that he is merely following Nerevar's final orders, the player and Dagoth Ur fight. Besting Dagoth Ur, the player breaks the Heart of Lorkhan with Kagrenac's tools, destroying the source of Dagoth Ur's power and killing him in the process. Akulakhan's Chamber where Lorkhan's heart resides is destroyed, and in turn Red Mountain is cleared of blight and The Sixth House falls. Upon escaping from the chamber, Nerevar is congratulated by Azura, who appears before him to reward his efforts of fulfilling the prophecy.[SUP]

[/SUP]

After the Main Quest's completion, the game does not end. Vvardenfell is however affected in many different ways. The Blight Storms cease to plague the land, and the weak minded followers of the Sixth House are re-awakened, remembering nothing of their ordeal. The Dreamers who harassed Nerevar fall silent, and Nerevar becomes widely known as the savior of Vvardenfell. The quintessential consequence of defeating Dagoth Ur was the destruction of the Heart of Lorkhan. Due to their immortality linked to the heart, Vivec and the Tribunal become mortal again, leaving Vivec's future in question and up to the player to determine his fate. The loss of divinity among the Tribunal is the main concept for the game's expansion, "Tribunal". It has since been rumored that the hero pursued an expedition to the continent Akavir.

Just a bare bones version.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
TIME TO DROP SKYRIM TILL DLC D:
Then replay.
From the beginning. Again D:

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer