Easter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Happy easter everyone.
Oh and to orthodox cristians:
Hristos a inviat! ( romanian version)
Jesus has been resurected/reborn ( english version)

In my country one of the traditions is that we paint the eggs red and knock them on one another to see witch is the last one that breaks. What about your country/religion?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kill Christian babies and put their blood in my matzah like old times.

That was a joke.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kill Christian babies and put their blood in my matzah like old times.

That was a joke.
I think you might be confusing Christian babies for Muslim babies. Or I was unaware of how much hatemongering is associated with Matzoh.

In any case, Happy Easter. I'm going to bang a few chicks to celebrate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you might be confusing Christian babies for Muslim babies. Or I was unaware of how much hatemongering is associated with Matzoh.

I'm pretty sure that we were blamed for doing both. ;)

Best answers

Seriously, you really think that's an appropriate post Nix? In an apparently christian themed Easter thread...that's just flagrant. I hate to make posts like this but that's just offensive, and pointedly so. You're always whining in any thread that has anything to do about religion about how the pro religion side makes inciting remarks. Your post is nothing except inciting.

I like you Zeo I really do. You post at least an informed viewpoint. I don't always agree with you, but that will be. Please don't post **** like that, some of us do in fact get offended.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thread says Easter. As the month of April was originally dedicated to "Eastre", the Anglo-Saxon Goddess of fertility and spring, I feel that having relations to honor that being is in line with its original purpose. Easter eggs and the Easter rabbit originated from this pagan holiday, and I intend to have good fun with those too. If you're offended, I'm sorry that you feel this way. I will not apologize for what I said, though, as I don't feel I'm in the wrong for knowing this particular holiday's history, and acting in accordance with the customs originally associated with this holiday before it was assimilated by Christians. For further information, feel free to read this:

http://www.history.com/minisite.do?...tent_type_id=686&display_order=3&mini_id=1072

Happy Easter.

Best answers
Happy easter everyone.

Jesus has been resurected/reborn ( english version)
Really, you still don't think it's inflammatory?

That's fine that you won't apologize, I don't expect you to, it's not your style. Just please refrain from posting blatant pot shots against a religion I was raised to believe, in a thread celebrating the holiday that is most important to the religion. (I'm sure you know, since you always do, but for protestant Christian faiths, such as Lutheranism, the celebration of Easter doesn't end on 11:59 pm Easter Sunday, it in fact continues for many weeks thereafter until the Ascension is celebrated, so technically Easter is still being celebrated)

But that's fine, don't apologize, you did absolutely nothing wrong, in your eyes...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is it a pot shot against religion? Should non-Christians just stay away from this thread? Am I not allowed to celebrate a holiday? Reality check, Brim. Easter is celebrated by pretty much everyone. You don't have to be Christian. You don't have to be anything. Lionheart is painting eggs, but I don't see you taking offense to that, despite it being directly linked to the holiday I mentioned. Why are only half of the old customs tolerable, but the other half isn't? Why is having sex even a bad or offensive thing? How do you think you were born? Stork?

I mean really, I say some outlandish ****, and this is what you choose to get angry about? Come on, brim.

Best answers
Its a comment that is obviously contrary to the ideals of christianity. When the thread starter says, Jesus is risen, he's obviously making the post on the religious aspect of Easter.

Your whole post was utter **** and a blatant slap in the face of someone who would adhere to the tenets of the faith. Just the fact that your post had no value other than to make a miserable attempt at bashing christianity is why I chose to post about it. Yes you've said much worse **** before, but at least it went along with an argument that had at least one or two sensible points, this was again nothing but rude hateful ****.

I'm not going to post about this anymore, simply because I have said my piece, and don't have enough beef with you to continue to argue about it. You offended me, you have chosen not to apologize, and only to continue to make weak defense of your original post and try to incite me more. I ask again, please don't post **** like that in any religious themed thread, unless you're trying to make a point with it.

And I haven't even said it...Happy Easter

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I posted to bash Christianity? Or did I post in response to Barney's post? Take a second to think about it. Barney made a post. I thought that particular piece of hatemongering was specific to islamic extremists. Barney proved me to be wrong. And then, in one line, I said I was going to celebrate a holiday that isn't exclusive to Christianity in a non-Christian way. That was it.

I'll ask you again. Should non-Christians just stay away from here if they don't celebrate the holiday the way someone like yourself does? Should this be a Christian-only thread so that you guys can participate in a circle jerk or can outsiders, like myself, celebrate the holiday in their own way (or in the way it was intended), but celebrate it nonetheless?

I don't understand how showing you why I said what I said serves to incite you nor I do I understand why you're angry that I choose to celebrate what has become a commercial holiday in my own way.

You know what? I don't need to defend myself. You do. You ****ing offend me. I'm not allowed to celebrate the holiday your religion stole from pagans after murdering/converting them? Really? Apologize to me for forcing your beliefs and customs on me and a holiday that has absolutely nothing to do with your religion. How ****ing dare you? Where were the easter eggs in the Bible, Brim? Where were they? Oh, that's right. They're not there. How dare Lionheart engage in polytheistic practices?

Thicker skin. Grow some.

Just to finish this off and prove that you're completely off base:

In my country one of the traditions is that we paint the eggs red and knock them on one another to see witch is the last one that breaks. What about your country/religion?
Meaning all countries and all religions.

Check and mate.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not that I'm choosing sides here or anything, but you did sort of attack him Brim. :/

Best answers
Ok correcting some **** here one moment please...

I admit I misinterpreted some things, I still feel that Nix's post is inflammatory, had you posted your link to pagan origins, I don't believe it would have been, and I wouldn't have taken offense. Sorry if my posts were offensive you to due to my misunderstanding, and yes I said some things that I shouldn't have.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** dude even christmas has a lot of pagan ties to it. Most christians don't know that, but if I say it's not St. Nick riding the sleigh it was Odin to give presents to his viking children it's still not that big of a deal. Christianity, whether you want to believe it or not, is mostly based off of pagan rituals, because like Zeo said, pagans were the ones who started to follow it as a religion and to make it easier on them they took some of the customs that they had and translated it into a more happy christian way.

And he was responding to my post, talking about eating christian babies, and the last time a christian got mad about that (even though we never did[/] kill christian babies to put blood in our matzah) a lot of my people died. So take a chill pill the world doesn't revolve around christianity.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim misunderstood Zeo's post and the way he reacted due to his misunderstanding is understandable. Looks to me like it's already been dropped anyway, so there's really no need to continue.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, I guess the only thing left to say is happy Easter to all who celebrate?

Best answers
Happy Easter to all Orthodox Christians
and to the catholics that celebrated it a few weeks ago :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom