Earth-like planet found in Libra constelation

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't saying that NASA should built one.

I'm just saying they should start digging in Egypt.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
100000 years of travel at current tech according to a local news report. Which means if we are at the point where we need to leave this junkball, there might be nothing left there when we get there.
Oh my. Wouldn't we feel stupid if that were the case.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, we should probably stop wasting natural resources on entertainment, and spend it all on astrophysics.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pingas.

I think its time we get one.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well those ships can be built, they can go fast (lets say in future fast enough so you get there in 5/10/20 years e.g.) but the problem is why they aren't is gravity issue

To get there in those years you would firstly die because your muscles and entire body would collapse when there is no gravity.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then we must invent artificial gravity technology for space ships.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Then we must invent artificial gravity technology for space ships.
They have some way of doing it, but not fully researched - Vacuum :)

About the speed - if i recall correctly you gain speed from moment to moment in space (something what comets do) - so firing yourself with some enormous speed would be solution - you would gain speed all the time so maybe to get to that planet wont be sooo long :)

Problems are firstly breaks - you will land there and become like a Pie :) or gravity from other planets could slow/faster you or change your course :)

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gravity wont be a problem if they make cryo stasis chambers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They have some way of doing it, but not fully researched - Vacuum :)

About the speed - if i recall correctly you gain speed from moment to moment in space (something what comets do) - so firing yourself with some enormous speed would be solution - you would gain speed all the time so maybe to get to that planet wont be sooo long :)

Problems are firstly breaks - you will land there and become like a Pie :) or gravity from other planets could slow/faster you or change your course :)

You don't gain speed, but as there is no air and hence no friction, you would not lose speed this assumes no force acts on you, like gravitational fields of stars and planets

You don't need artificial gravity if you work out in space, that's what astronauts do to prevent muscle degradation.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well its been proved that work out doesn't help

Workout helps only to small distances (Moon) and even there astronauts have problems when they get back with adjusting to gravity-walking (proved :D)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't gain speed, but as there is no air and hence no friction, you would not lose speed this assumes no force acts on you, like gravitational fields of stars and planets

You don't need artificial gravity if you work out in space, that's what astronauts do to prevent muscle degradation.
What about bone degradation/density?
Humans aren't accustomed to live in 0G.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Bones AND muscle tissue will degrade with zero gravity, simply riding a few laps on a hometrainer won't fix that.
Too bad there isn't a solution we know about yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom