Earphone Pain

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I wear earphones for any significant period of time (starts at 2 hours) my ears get very very sore. This has happened with every pair of earphones I've ever owned, even very expensive ones (Sound-reducing ones from Bose, about 400$, borrowed from a friend) and even the ones you insert in your ear.

The skin on my ears becomes very sore, red and irritated, and I can't use headphones. I've seen other people wear them for hours upon hours with no apparent problems.

I was wondering if anyone experienced this problem. If you do please post here, I'd like to know the specifics or what helps you,or just tell me how much of a weirdo I am ^_^

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I experience that same exact thing, though probably not as bad. None of the headphones really work for me except the tiny ones you put inside your ears, and even those become a pain after a while...

try out those if you haven't, but I can't say they will work..

well crap, again I fail to read everything. No more staying up late at night for me... well I still will... maybe just focus more... silly me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I've had that a couple of times... now I have an Azona Senior headset and that doesn't hurt my ears.
I think the ones you're talking about are those things you put around your ears, right?

Best answers
This has happened to me before, but only with certain earphones, the ones that go like right inside your ear really bother me. If it happens to you with all earphones maybe you should ask a doctor? o_O

Best answers
Put it this way, using the earphones that you have to stick in your ear and around your ear (wich i have) is just as bad a using a cell phone for that long, so it seems. I have to proof of that, but i don't use any of those anymore (except teh wrap around ones for my GBA), but you should get a headset.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have and use the earbuds, the ones that are inserted into your ears, and when I first started using them my ears would get irritated really easily.

But after using them now for a couple months I could where for quite a while before my ears start to hurt again.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I had the same problem with all kinds of headphones too, you just gotta pull through and let your ears get used to it, the ones I'm currently using fit me well (after using them for 2-3 months)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yep. same problem here. and with those little ones that go inside ur ear, they are uncomfy from the moment i put em in. apparently my ears are not shaped correctly for those little ****s.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the ear buds that hang on your ears, I never had any problems with them, other ear buds usually suck cuz of the covers n stuff and I had normal headphones cuz they usually make my ears hurt and mess up my hair shtyle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the headphones that kind of point outwards from the top so it doesnt totally smother your ear like \ ish

Best answers
EDIT: i think i miss understood you do i changed my post.

I think your talking about the earphones you stick in your ears right?

yeah those alllllll suck except for a couple. like there was one i had before that were cool that were kinda like q tips and went in your ear instead of on that lil piece that sticks out. kinda scared me sometimes though cause i was worried one day i would push em in too far or they would all of a sudden get loud. they were awsome though (quality wise and fact that they didnt hurt)

ummmmm for you though
the solution is SONY

i bought some sony ones that were thin and small and they dont hurt my ears.

dont just go buy any sony ones though
make sure that they are thin
AND small
cause ive seen some thin ones that were thin but they were just as bag cause of their size.

but sony ones should be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom