E3 Thread

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Niiiiice. Well Playstation doesn't win the game section this year.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
nope for xboxone to
watch dogs for xbox one to
Watch Dogs is cross-platform. Check the title of the video above your comment.
Kingdom Hearts 3 is also coming for both consoles.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Watch Dogs is cross-platform. Check the title of the video above your comment.
Kingdom Hearts 3 is also coming for both consoles.

That's what he said. It was also on the Xbox One.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Whelp, time to go make someone create a Xbox One/PS4 emulator.... somehow. That DRM system doesn't help. :|

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as I love crushing Dio's Xbone dreams and aspirations, you should keep in mind that nothing being announced is set in stone. Come release, Microsoft could lower the Xbox cost by $100 and eliminate the internet requirements, and then suddenly release Jedi Knight 4.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as I love crushing Dio's Xbone dreams and aspirations, you should keep in mind that nothing being announced is set in stone. Come release, Microsoft could lower the Xbox cost by $100 and eliminate the internet requirements, and then suddenly release Jedi Knight 4.
You're making the mistake of thinking I root for a team, like you do. I just want the better console.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad at all, looks like it could redeem the XIII and XIV failures. My only concern is how they're differentiating this game and other action-beat 'em up games. I saw some magic, but I didn't really see any special attacks or hint of a leveling system.

Speaking of the MMO, have we gotten any highlights on how XIV is coming? The gameplay changes, particularly?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Call me nuts, but one of the reasons I like the PS consoles is the controller. I find the analog sticks easier to use on the Dualshock and the controller is easier to handle.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Call me nuts, but one of the reasons I like the PS consoles is the controller. I find the analog sticks easier to use on the Dualshock and the controller is easier to handle.
Probably just that feeling of years of playing with that controller. Playstation 1 to 4 have had the same controller setup. Other than PS1 switching from a controller without analog sticks to one with them.

To me:

Fighting Games/RPG: Playstation Controller
Racing/FPS: Xbox Controller

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose you could always order a 3rd party controller if you don't like them. I've personally never preferred one or the other.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're nuts. Even when I had the PSX and played the PS2 and PS3 at my buddies house I always hated to controller. I even liked the original fatboy Xbox controller better.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
You're nuts. Even when I had the PSX and played the PS2 and PS3 at my buddies house I always hated to controller. I even liked the original fatboy Xbox controller better.
I guess we're gonna chalk this down to preference too, because I too prefer the PS controller as it feels better layed out to me rather than having my thumbs on offset analogue sticks as if they'd assume I can't differentiate between my left and right if they were in a mirrored position. Also prefer the more creative Triangle, Circle, X, Square buttons because how the hell does A, B, X, Y make sense to anyone? I think that new touchpad will also add some greatly needed precision in menus/inventories and stuff. Nevermind that you can use the controller as a PS Move one too now while Kinect will always be a separate controller from the Xbone gamepad, as in you will only use one or the other, while you could use the PS Move while you use the PS Controller.

PS: With both boxes having PC-like architecture I'd be amazed not to see more games come out for PC now too because they can be developed cross-platform right form the start.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sony shit on Microsoft in everything but next-gen gaming. I'm all about accessibility to used and PS3 titles, but I'm buying a console to play new games. The PS4 showed almost nothing exclusive to the console that would warrant a purchase. Last of Us is interesting, but is it going to have the replayability of Dead Rising 3? Probably not. Everything else was multiplatform, so it isn't pulling me away from the XBO. And what was with the games freezing up? At first I thought it was just the stream, but you could see the guy on stage moving and the audience moving around. This happened 7 or 8 times in AC alone.

Also, once and for all, PS Plus is not cheaper than Gold:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-LIVE-Month-Gold-Membership-360/dp/B0029LJIFG

I've been riding on free and cheap Gold membership for a few years now. Amazon has had that deal for quite some time. Its absolutely bizarre how Microsoft is evil for charging for gold, but as soon as Sony does it, well, whatever. It's a-okay all of a sudden.
"Once and for all" as if I was supposed to know that the card that literally says "59.99" at the top could be gotten cheaper.

And I didn't say it was OK, I don't like it, but I'll pay it.

Also, Xbone has nothing I'm interested in.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you're incapable of doing the bare minimum to save money?

Roger.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose you could always order a 3rd party controller if you don't like them. I've personally never preferred one or the other.
I did that for fighting games on my xbox. Bought a fight pad. It came with my Tekken 6.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a usb thing that lets you use your 360 controller on the PS3 and vice versa. Just found out about it myself.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a usb thing that lets you use your 360 controller on the PS3 and vice versa. Just found out about it myself.

Yea, I have the thing that allows you to use a PS2 controller on Xbox 360.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, I might be getting a PS4...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom