E3 Thread

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So... it's that time of the year. What have you guys thought of E3 so far?

Who won you this year?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony won on price point, Microsoft won on games. Ubisoft is pretty awesome, EA is a mess, despite having Battlefront.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Completely forgettable to me. It had pretty colors, though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Microsoft has it for me. I just don't see anything for PS4 I really want.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TC: Division and Witcher 3 for me. They show what I want next gen games to show.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sony shit all over microsoft.

Announced their support for used games, not requiring internet, a lower price point, increased network support (Though mandatory PS+ to play online, it's cheaper than gold membership on XBL), and is allowing indie devs to self publish.

Otherwise Kingdom Hearts 3, so hyped, Destiny looks AMAZING, Tom Clancy's The Division looked amazing as well, new FFXV (FF Versus), Mirror's Edge 2 also very hyped.

The Order 1886 looks interesting but I'm not too excited, far too vague.

Infamous: Second Son looks very good, also looking forward to AC4.

Everything else was kinda Sports sports generic shooter sports sports call of duty: battlefield 4 extreme halo edition.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I gotta wait until Thurs morning to be able to watch the shows

The PS4 doesn't look like I was hoping

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony shit all over microsoft.

Announced their support for used games, not requiring internet, a lower price point, increased network support (Though mandatory PS+ to play online, it's cheaper than gold membership on XBL), and is allowing indie devs to self publish.

Otherwise Kingdom Hearts 3, so hyped, Destiny looks AMAZING, Tom Clancy's The Division looked amazing as well, new FFXV (FF Versus), Mirror's Edge 2 also very hyped.

The Order 1886 looks interesting but I'm not too excited, far too vague.

Infamous: Second Son looks very good, also looking forward to AC4.

Everything else was kinda Sports sports generic shooter sports sports call of duty: battlefield 4 extreme halo edition.
Sony shit on Microsoft in everything but next-gen gaming. I'm all about accessibility to used and PS3 titles, but I'm buying a console to play new games. The PS4 showed almost nothing exclusive to the console that would warrant a purchase. Last of Us is interesting, but is it going to have the replayability of Dead Rising 3? Probably not. Everything else was multiplatform, so it isn't pulling me away from the XBO. And what was with the games freezing up? At first I thought it was just the stream, but you could see the guy on stage moving and the audience moving around. This happened 7 or 8 times in AC alone.

Also, once and for all, PS Plus is not cheaper than Gold:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-LIVE-Month-Gold-Membership-360/dp/B0029LJIFG

I've been riding on free and cheap Gold membership for a few years now. Amazon has had that deal for quite some time. Its absolutely bizarre how Microsoft is evil for charging for gold, but as soon as Sony does it, well, whatever. It's a-okay all of a sudden.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's mostly because everyone cares more about the used game issue and the always online bullshit. Microsoft seems to just raise the bar for intrusion every year.

Despite the jokes, I really -was- hoping Microsoft would redeem themselves a little after their presentation. They really have some good shit to show. But, for me, playstation has the few exclusives that I care about and greater accessibility as a console itself (meaning no day one issues with the ps4 not "checking in" correctly).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite a big year for games people have wanted. Kingdom Hearts 3, Battlefront, and more. Did SEGA ever say what the Sega Spectrum was?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Quite a big year for games people have wanted. Kingdom Hearts 3, Battlefront, and more. Did SEGA ever say what the Sega Spectrum was?
I hope some of the cool games will be on PC Dx

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be surprised if Battlefront weren't on PC.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, surprised. Battlefront started on PC and EA always cross platforms to PC for it's shooters. I can pretty much guarantee you it'll be for pc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NINTENDO WINS! Mega Man in super smash bros. Hell yea.

So many icons that started out on Nintendo. Snake... Mega Man.... Throw Sega's Sonic in there and A roster that has NAMCO's Team working on the game. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kingdom Hearts isn't PS Only?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
video: "Lookat me! Lookat me! I'm AMAZING!"

[video=youtube;yEHwaScI6es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEHwaScI6es[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom