Dungeon Siege 2 - gone gold

Best answers
The first Dungeon Siege was really fun. I liked it a lot. I played the beta for DS2, and I wasn't impressed, it played exactly the same as the first one (not necessarily a bad thing, but DS1's gameplay is... outdated). Not to mention DS2 looks like it's using DS1's engine. But I have to say, all this time playing Guild Wars and WoW, I might have been tainted.
Nevertheless, I'll keep an eye out and try the demo when it comes out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, when you considder that both DS 1 and 2 were made by an inexperianced team (anyone heard of gas powered games before DS1?) who actually used free, unprofessional software (Gmax) to make all the 3d assets. its not surprising that they dont have a graphical edge over guildwars and WoW, especially considdering microsoft were reluctant to even give them a budget for a sequal (stupid considdering the success of the first one).

im actually looking forward to this, im anxious to see where the story leads to. ive heard that its quite different from the beta as well.

Best answers
I might buy it but im not too sure. I have DS1 but i dont like it that much (I beat it though). Its pretty much Town->Dungeon->Town->Dungeon->Town->ect and the Spells in the game suck. Both Combat and Nature magic can do the same exact thing exept the spells have diffrent names and gfx.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone on my floor in rez had DS1. And lent it to a-lot of people, we couldn't play online with the same key, but we could play over the network. We sure had a hell of a lot of fun.

Best answers
the game rocks, specially the background music
and the quests are nice, and secret places

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Someone on my floor in rez had DS1. And lent it to a-lot of people, we couldn't play online with the same key, but we could play over the network. We sure had a hell of a lot of fun.

that just about nails it. single player was a drag. but playing lan games was uber fun :D

Best answers
i played the first one i personaly cant wait for the second one im getting it whats intrigues me is the new Pet System i was told on the gamefaqs forumns its possible to get a dragon and stuff sounds crazy i mean there even dual Wielding weapons

Best answers
shadow_wolf said:
i played the first one i personaly cant wait for the second one im getting it whats intrigues me is the new Pet System i was told on the gamefaqs forumns its possible to get a dragon and stuff sounds crazy i mean there even dual Wielding weapons
I'm playing the beta which you can download at the official site.
And i already got a taste of some of the pets, you can buy an ice element, a needle shooting scorpion or a plain old donkey. Not much yet but the cool thing is they grow when you feed them weapons and they gain stats according to the type of items you feed them, pretty sweet...

I guess you can say i'm a huge fan to, I still play the expansion pack of 1, from time to times on lan with my brother.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wonder if i can feed my dog an air rifle and see what happens =/

onoes! adult rating coming up =O game influencing people!

anyway, its out in like... 2 weeks now? im getting pretty anxious. if its as easy to mod as the first one was. im gonna put some hardcore stuff into it XD

Best answers
Hoorah! The single player demo is out guys!.
Check gamespy.com or just the official dungeon siege site: dungeonsiege.com (duh)

80% leftto download of 1,9 gb that's pretty big for a demo right. Man i'm anxious to see what the final game looks like.

Best answers
I played the demo earlier, it was about 3 hours long just doing the first primary quest, that was with exploring and finding stuff, i actually got a uniqe weapon was a 24 dmg 1 hander!

The game rocks pure and simple it blows the first one completly out of the water.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't played the prequel, but I finished downloading the demo of DS2 this morning and I've been playing it all day. (That's right, no WoW at all today :eek: )
This game looks like it could be a LOAD of fun on LANs. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me hits teh DOWNLOAD button D:

Best answers
Yup the game kicks ass. i got it downloaded and i'm well on my way becoming a double weilding half giant stud, got me a full leather set equip. I don't like it that much but it has got to do for now.

Seeing the awesome WoW screenshot thread i thought i'd add a screen here too, do the same if you like.
Here's my character chilling at a bridge.

I'll be playing some more now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom