Duke Nukem Forever.... is coming out. Brought to you by Gearbox.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The difference in FF7 is that it's an RPG, it's based on long-term strategy and tactics, which is why the battles are so long. In RPG's you have a mutlitude of characters (you have to choose which characters for which battles) with different skills and spells, you have equipment, and items. There's much more depth in each battle of FF7 (which I'm not also a huge fan of either by the way), which makes the grinding less repetetive. In Borderlands all you really have is the equipment part and a few skills that are kind of bland. Another thing that allows RPG's to get away with the crappy grinding is usually a good story, which is something Borderlands definately does not have.
I loved the Borderlands story. Plus Borderlands has a Skill Map, Lots of Equiptment, the Essentials in items, and pretty much the 4 Characters you have in an FPS. A Guy who takes damage and rushes in with explosives, A Girl who runs around Stealth, A Guy who snipes and takes shields down, and a Guy who uses Assault Rifles and Heals. I mean this and Fallout 3 are pretty much the only FPSRPGs I have played that really seemed to be close to what an FPSRPG should be.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Borderlands to me is the perfect example of what a FPS / RPG shouldn't be.

It should not take 50 rockets to kill a human, or a 3 rockets to kill a animal the the size of a midget. It's just kinda lame, at that point, also the "Bajillion weapons", boiled down to about 3 models with slight variations x10000000
Come back when you have actually played the game...
I could take out most enemies with 1 to 3 shots max in my first playthrough with ease. It's only a matter of what weapon and how you use it. Just because your logic is to use a slash damage type weapon on a single target, doesn't mean it's the right way.
The game itself explains the RPS mechanics during loading screens.
As for the lack of diversity, most MMO's and RPGs do this, even next gen ones. And if they would've added a lot more enemies the packet size would've been big enough for players to complain again. This is without considering the fact that the developers did a great job of explaining the enemies. Most of them are local to a zone or only appear on certain terrain.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did play the game^

For 12 hours, before I realized that this quest was the same as the last quest, and that that enemy, was the same as the last enemy, but with more HP.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played it for only about 3, but it felt like 25. Seriously, I can't argue it anymore, if you like it, cool. I just find it to be one of the most repetetive games I've ever played in my LIFE.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played it for only about 3, but it felt like 25. Seriously, I can't argue it anymore, if you like it, cool. I just find it to be one of the most repetetive games I've ever played in my LIFE.
Agreed, and I played Diablo 2 for 3 years!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;0-97N6jNKb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-97N6jNKb4[/video]

Force Pit Member
Best answers
[video=youtube;0-97N6jNKb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-97N6jNKb4[/video]
Holy **** it looks good. I like the actual look from the eyes concept.

I am almost sure they didnt make this demo, I think 3d realms did. Ive seen some youtube video of something very similar a year ago if im not mistaken.

looks great.

by the way, I think the football field boss was already made in DN 3d

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well he was playing a 360 Game in the Demo as shown. :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
"What about the game Duke?... was IT any good?"
"Yea... after 12 ****ing years it should be"

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Epic necro with an epic video of epic epicness.

So, here's the best way to announce a release delay:
[video=youtube;G6fFKkmIrWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6fFKkmIrWM[/video]

Was I epic enough?
Epic!!!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
June turns into August, August into November, November into whoops our company went bankrupt.

At least they tried.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, for what it's worth, if they release the game within the next 10 years...at least they were faster than 3D Realms.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read a preview in a PlayStation magazine fairly recently, looks like they have playable demos out, can't be too much further till release!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Only creative people like game designers can make a bad announcment look good. even though, I wonder if DNF has a curse on it...

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its just been postponed one month, its no biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom