Duke Nukem Forever.... is coming out. Brought to you by Gearbox.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i think its kind of silly how people expect revolutionary gameplay from the duke nukem series, even in its prime it didnt offer anything new to the genre.

duke is all about being cheesy, and nostalgia at this point.
What's your point? The fans imho don't really expect any revolutionary gameplay mechanics or a fancy story. We just want Duke. The main selling point of Duke Nukem 3D was the cheesy and funny one liners from duke. Without them the game wouldn't be anything special, and as long as they're giving us the same old bad ass duke we're going to buy it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's your point? The fans imho don't really expect any revolutionary gameplay mechanics or a fancy story. We just want Duke. The main selling point of Duke Nukem 3D was the cheesy and funny one liners from duke. Without them the game wouldn't be anything special, and as long as they're giving us the same old bad ass duke we're going to buy it.
thats exactly what im saying,

i was commenting more at the people critiquing the game earlier on in the thread calling it flimsy. Because it IS duke nukem, nobody should be expecting anything groundbreaking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you hate Gearbox if I may ask?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's going to be bad.

And that's exactly what's going to be so good about it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Viewer's Choice because Yahtzee wasn't doing one last week.

That video is from months ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you hate Gearbox if I may ask?
Becuase all fo their recent stuff was pretty mediocre. Borderlands (basically just grinding is all you do in that game), Brothers in Arms, Samba De Amigo, all that stuff is just forgettable to me. Some of their older stuff was good, but recently they just have been sucking it up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have to disagree. Borderlands is what a FPSRPG should be really. I mean who doesn't like shooting a 6 Burst Shot Rocket Launcher?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have to disagree. Borderlands is what a FPSRPG should be really. I mean who doesn't like shooting a 6 Burst Shot Rocket Launcher?
Eh, it's just not my type of game. Probably becuase I hate MMO's and I hate grinding of any kind. Repetition is only good for me when whatever game mechanic you have is extremely deep (God of War, Devil May Cry etc..) Otherwise I get really bored really quick. I almost fell asleep trying to play that game with a friend. Also, the vehicles suck, and if I wanted to fire a 6 shot rocket launcher I would go play Unreal Tournament :) .

I get why people like it though, it's just not my style of game.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Borderlands to me is the perfect example of what a FPS / RPG shouldn't be.

It should not take 50 rockets to kill a human, or a 3 rockets to kill a animal the the size of a midget. It's just kinda lame, at that point, also the "Bajillion weapons", boiled down to about 3 models with slight variations x10000000

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Borderlands to me is the perfect example of what a FPS / RPG shouldn't be.

It should not take 50 rockets to kill a human, or a 3 rockets to kill a animal the the size of a midget. It's just kinda lame, at that point, also the "Bajillion weapons", boiled down to about 3 models with slight variations x10000000
I didn't want to get into all that, but thank you. I'm glad someone else gets it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I mean should it take 500 Swords hits and 5 Meteors to Kill Sephiroth?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like FF7 much, but honestly? Yeah, sure.

He's a super soldier infused with some kinda super stuff, plus, he's fused himself with like the Soul of the Planet...he's very close to being a Demigod. Also, in those games, it's turned base, which makes it bearable.

I get bored just clicking x30 while jumping around.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like FF7 much, but honestly? Yeah, sure.

He's a super soldier infused with some kinda super stuff, plus, he's fused himself with like the Soul of the Planet...he's very close to being a Demigod. Also, in those games, it's turned base, which makes it bearable.

I get bored just clicking x30 while jumping around.
What happened to Humonoids and all the Realism?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you talking about?

In Borderlands, they're human beings, in Final Fantasy, they're genetically enhanced super soldiers...=/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you talking about?

In Borderlands, they're human beings, in Final Fantasy, they're genetically enhanced super soldiers...=/

Yes because a guy who can hit the ground and cause Shock waves is surely not a form of Super soldier at all.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They should've just used different creatures for different levels instead of recycling the same bandits, spiderants etc with different colors for the entirety of the game.

While i agree it has a level of fun when playing coop, i didn't think the game was all that good. Am really surprised people are still playing it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is a blast and quite a challenge when you're playing with 3 friends. Same reason people keep playing L4D. Though the game is relatively light on content, it is just such a blast to play cooperately.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The difference in FF7 is that it's an RPG, it's based on long-term strategy and tactics, which is why the battles are so long. In RPG's you have a mutlitude of characters (you have to choose which characters for which battles) with different skills and spells, you have equipment, and items. There's much more depth in each battle of FF7 (which I'm not also a huge fan of either by the way), which makes the grinding less repetetive. In Borderlands all you really have is the equipment part and a few skills that are kind of bland. Another thing that allows RPG's to get away with the crappy grinding is usually a good story, which is something Borderlands definately does not have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom