Dreams

Retired
Best answers
just to stay in the scene of the 'unexplainable' with the ghosts and the 'mind is a wonderfull thing' thread.

I read in the 'the mind is a wonderfull thing' thread someone mention Lucid Dreaming, which I've read about aprox 1.5 years ago. which kinda triggered me into making this thread.

I was wondering if anyone ever had a lucid dream, for people who don't know what that is. it's that you know you are dreaming basically, since you can change the outcome or 'storyline' of a dream.

I've had this a few times, but mostly when I was younger. like when I fell in my dream.. I suddenly had the ability to fly. stuff like that. once I even 'continued' my dream. I had this cool dream, I woke up. then like 20 minutes later I resumed the dream.

however now that i'm older i'm not dreaming anymore. Yes I know you're ALWAYS dreaming, it's just a matter of remembering your dreams. which I do not.

speaking of Lucid Dreams, there was this theory of Neo (matrix) experiencing one big lucid dream while in the matrix, that was why he could control it basically. but heck that's not the point of discussion

so anyway question was: anyone had lucid dreams? or did anyone have weird dreams that kinda prophesized(sp?) the future?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I've had two lucid dreams(that I remember) in my life. I just realized I was dreaming mid-way, and was able to manipulate it. I remember being able to materialize things out of nothing, to fly, and I flew just straight up, through the atmosphere, out of the solar system and galaxy, and stared back down. Then, not sure why, I started "falling" back down to Earth and I woke up nauseous.

The other Lucid dream, I realized I was dreaming again, but I woke up right after that. Kind of like "Wake up! This is a dream!," and I did. Meh :/

I RARELY remember my dreams--maybe once every few months or so. I wish I could remember them, and I wish I could control them every time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No..That's not right. You don't always dream.. A single dream only lasts about 20 minutes at the max, and you can only dream in a certain stage..

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have had a few lucid dreams in my life, one was the result of a recurring nightmare that I finally empowered myself over.

I had one dream where I must have sleep walked quite a distance. I got up off the pullout bed that we had downstairs in the den, and moved over to my gaming table, but I discoverd my dresser instead . . . something that was upstairs at the time.

I started to panic and fumble around trying to shake the fog from my mind, and it wasn't getting better when I touched things that I knew were not in the den.

Then I rammed my knee into the Dresser which I knew was upstairs, I started looking for the light switch, which wasn't where it should be.

After the panic settled down, I found myself on the wrong side of the den, which I should have found because I would have tripped over the couches . . .

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have nothing but lucid dreams, I always have the ability to fly, and I can basically reach the stars each time. The interesting ones are where it's moments in my life and they're dramatically changed because I can fly. People who I have met in my life are either the supporting cast or extras in every one. But, some of the dream's scenerys are simply unexplainable, one maybe being in a huge tundra, another maybe being in a castle that seems basically underground, another being in a futuristic world where the Earth seems to have been flooded, so everywhere you go... there is water.

The fun part is when I would land, and I'd see one of my friends ask me, "How do you fly?"

Of course I say, "Through the energy... "

Energy obviously relating to what I consider the Earth's greatest and most consistant gift. Tai Chi has made me believe this, the more I practice with it, the more often I have these lucid dreams. I know I have talked about this a lot lately, but it's too much of a force in my life for me to not be honest about it. It helps me think clearly, it helps me calm down, it helps me feel less pain, and it helps me write fan fiction. If your truly interested in lucid dreaming and what I've been talking about, don't be afraid to google "Tai Chi for beginners" etc.

I see this thread owning just as much as the "the mind is a wonderful thing" thread.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I lucid dream all the time. It kicks ass, Just imagine you can do what ever you want when you want where you want how you want. You are god. You control everything. If you want a gun or a tub of glue to appear in front of you or into your hand you got it. It kicks ass! I love it. Some people are born with lucid dreaming, others have to train themselves I had to train myself. You basically have to tell yourself "dreaming is not real, you can do whatever you want, there are no restrictions" if you are really tied up with reality, then you're going to have a hard time with it. It's hard to explain. You have to forget about reality, and just let loose, tell yourself you can do what you want. With that you can fly, you can fly and air plane, you can kick peoples asses.

And i do believe that it's during the REM stage is when you dream

also avenger, yes you do. You ALWAYS dream. Some last 30 seconds others 30 minutes. You have roughly 7-14 dreams a night. You don't just remember them all. and if you wake up and say "i didn't have any dreams" yes you did you just don't remember them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only time I DONT have Lucid Dreams is when I'm taking naps. Most of my dreams come when I'm really tired and falling asleep after a long day. I am able to control like 75% of it.

Example:
You all may know the wrestler named "Kane". I had a dream he was chasing me and he started to slice me with a long knife, mechetti if you will. Well all of a sudden... my "pain" stopped and i noticed i had a spoon in my hand. I just imagined a spoon shooting fire and "doosh" it happened.

They say that your dreams are a "clear image" of what you are thinking while sleeping, which also equals to the "mind is a powerful thing" theory. If you are able to controll the images you are thinking of, you are most likely able to have Lucid Dreams.

Off-Topic:

Have you all ever had a dream that completely matched reality? Like one time i had a dream that i woke up from my bed, went to the bathroom and took a pee.... before i was finished, my mom came in and woke me up and told me to wash dishes. I was like "woah crap... i thought i was in the bathroom." Then I fell back to sleep and had another dream that i woke back up and washed the dishes, went to the computer, and started a conversation with SSChris. My mom comes in and wakes me up again and goes "Didn't i tell you to wash dishes?" I was like "I already did! Go check"... her response: "No you didn't theres a full sink!" I went in the kitchen and BAM! Those dishes just came back lol.

I've had a numerous count of those type of dreams

Retired
Best answers
If I dream and i'm aware of my dream I wake up, and I think a lot of people have that. something like 'omg i'm dreaming and I control it' then you basically wake up.

I know I have been sleep walking once. I went to my parents room and said something stupid (in my native language) like: 'when do we leave with the carrage'..then my mom was like 'go back to bed'. and then I went back to bed, so my mum said.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never have lucid dreams, I can never control them.. But then again.. I never have nightmares.. Ever!

Best answers
I've only had one lucid dream I can remember, and I had awesome agility and was just flipping around in the streets. Can't remember much else about it though, and it's never happened since :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger said:
No..That's not right. You don't always dream.. A single dream only lasts about 20 minutes at the max, and you can only dream in a certain stage..
I think the average dream length is 5 minutes or so. What people mean when they say you always dream is that when you enter a full sleep, you always enter that stage at some point and you always dream (neural scans show it), it's just a matter of remembering it.

I rarely remember the dreams myself. I had a really cool one yesterday that I forgot almost completely by like 3 PM. I only remember one clearly lucid dream. I was in some massive factory with a high roof (like a warehouse.) I was on a catwalk, near the roof, suddenly I realized everything was fake and I decided to start flying. So I'm up there for a few seconds and I'm like "Oh sweet! I'm flying!" and then the roof somehow suddenly broke, the rubble came down and I woke up. Most of the time when I realize it's fake, yeah, I wake up, although there are times when I can realize it and just sort of "let it ride," being aware but without control. Those are when I'm closest to conciousness I think.

It's kind of interesting how what you remember is relative to when you're awakened. Like, something you've been dreaming about could be completely forgotten or blacked out if you got an extra hour of sleep; as if it were never there. But if it's a school-day or something and you get awoken right in the middle of it, it'll be there plain as day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never have lucid dreams, but I get 'future-predicting' ones all the time. Every once in a while something happens I know I've seen before, and I go "heh, another deja-vu".

I remember this one time before a certain LAN party when I dreamt I was chatting with a friend on MSN, and that I told him that my brother wouldn't be coming to the LAN because he was sick. I told my friend about the dream, and guess what happened the day before the LAN. :p Too bad he had forgotten about what I told him -_-''

Best answers
Last year I stumbled across a LD site, thought it was awesome and had a go. I also did a speech about it at school, I got like 2 of my friends hooked. For two months I was practicing and had several lucid dreams, in one of my later onces where I could control pretty much everything I remembered I always wanted to try going SSJ in it... and I did... and it was awesome. For you that dont remember dreams, try doing this:

Start a dream journal. Just have a little notebook and in the morning if you remember your dreams, write them down. Even if you dont, write down the date and the fact you couldnt remember anything. This may take a while, but do this until youre able to remember your dreams daily.

I stopped practicing lucid dreams because I was afraid I would stop living in reality and just want to sleep and go to my "dream world." However I have an addictive personality so I doubt this will really happen to any of you. I remember I had a site with a lot of information about this when I used to practice it, I remember it being ldforall.com or something. I'll do a little research and get back with the address.

*EDIT*
Found it, its www.ld4all.com

Best answers
I have deja vu dreams alot, even though I don't remember them when I wake up its during my sleep that they are produced. Like for example, my family for the first time ever, went to a restaurant called the Golden Corral; Nothing was suspicious at all, and I hadn't realized I had a deja vu of this place before. Suddenly I felt the need to go to the bathroom and it snapped in my head, I remembered EXACTLY where everything was in this place, I was slighly confused by that and repeatidly asked my parents if I had been to this place before, of course the anwser was no. My deja vu happens alot, but it doesn't seem to happen as often as it used to now.

And about Lucid dreams, they happen every so often but all I can control is my actions, everything else is not under my influence.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol ever went to sleep and felt like you've been sleep for like 3 hours... and turn and look at the clock and its been 3 minutes?

Or ever went to sleep after school, woke up, and thought it was time to go back and you prance around your house looking for your stuff?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I fell asleep during a fire drill once x.x got detention for that. Heh, I also came right home from school fell asleep, and woke up right when i was supposed to leave for me bus.... only... i was so busy getting ready for school... i didn't realise that it said 6:40 PM lol... i hate that.

You don't need to be lucid dreaming to fly have abilities, like flip around and stuff. That's what your dream could be about...

A lucid dream is when you can control what happenes in your dream. Like.. Think of something right now. Like you're in your school. and this bully wants to fight you. you just smirk and let out a small sigh, you laugh at him, and walk away, he comes at you and you just move your head, enough so he can't touch you, you turn around kick him and he goes flying into the wall (i would go into more detail but ill keep it short) And then say you want to throw him but your too damn lazy to move, and boom you see him go flying through the ceiling. This is lucid dreaming, when what you want to happen happens. It's quite amazing. If you can't do it, teach yourself.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I frequently have lucid dreams, but I lose control pretty quickly and then just give up :p I can keep control for a while and everything's going great, then something goes wrong and I'm unable to do it and it's usually over shortly thereafter. Which sucks because I have really kickass ones. I think the problem is that I try to do something I have no experience doing and can't come up with something fast enough (IE playing a really kick ass game of some kind and I get to some part I know nothing of and brain fart)

-Karrde-

Best answers
I have lucid dreams alot, I will get like half control over it, but if I get too much control I will begin to wake up. I remember a couple of dreams I have had (about a girl) ,and Like I would be dreaming about her, but then all of a sudden its like the Window of the dream would be moving far, and far away from me like if I were going to another level, and I would try to go back to that dream, but it never does.

Then there are nights I would have the same dream I had the other day. Its like I am finishing the dream or going back to that level.

I remember I had missed school one day, but I thought I was at school. I dreamt I was at school, but I was sadly mistaken lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah ive had a bunch of those, its just weird, hard to explain how i know and what i do when i have them

i dont know but yeah ive had a bunch and its trippy

Best answers
hmmm i used to get lucid dreams during nightmares al the time , of course my first reaction was almost always WAKE UP, i nver thought about controlling till after i woke up. The other wierd thing that happens when i have lucid dreams is my in dream vision always fogs up right after i try to do something. liek you know when you wake up and your eyes are super blurry, and you rub them and you can see just fine? its like that cept it won't go away, so i'm like "DANGIT i wanna do cool stuff because i control verything"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom