Draw Distance

Best answers
First off, I'd just like to say keep up the good work guys :yes: . A great mod. Can't wait for 1.3 :D

Is there any way to increase the draw distance of the maps? On several maps, custom and included maps the draw distance is pretty low and I was just curious if there was a way to increase it.

Thanks for your help in advance

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on what video card you have, if you have the settings at max and what resolution you have.

For me, I have a x850 pro, settings at max and resolution at 1280x1024. That might help, I am not sure but I have those settings and I don't have a problem with draw distance.

Note: You don't need a super good card for ESF. 9600 or 9800 are fine.

Best answers
I've got a 9600XT, with the settings at 1280x1024 32 bit. I can live with it though. Not a major problem. Thanks for your help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure the draw distance is defined when the map itself is made, not by the settings of the user. Which is why you can see across esf_arrival but not b3_cellgames for example.

The default is too small for full-scale ESF maps, it was designed for Half-Life where you don't spend any time outside across single vast expanses of land.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is it possible that this is due to software mode?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, I play in software mode with my dad's pc, it's the makers of the maps who forgot to increase the max draw distance, I usually make it around 12000 though...lol, once I made it 12 000(a space between 12 and 0) then I couldn't even see my character, I thought it was a bug and I almost knocked my pc out of the window, then I remembered that I did that.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Normaly it should be set to 16000 for ESF maps. Thats what most mappers use. But once the map is set with a distance it cant be changed unless the map is recompiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom