Dragonball Z: BURST LIMIT

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta said:
That's a downgrade, in any fantasy sense :D. 2D/3D fighting games are enjoyable. Street Fighter's always been enjoyable. Even the old, 2D fighting game series of Street Fighter can easily still be enjoyed by anyone who enjoys fighting games. However, Street Fighter lacks an element Dragonball is notorious for.

I'd play SF:IV, but I'd prefer this. Yes, I'd probably express my anger towards a license that forever will be given more attention, earn more money, easily open new doors to new approaches to storytelling, filmmaking, game & toy designing, etc., ..than an old, fighting game title that's only become less popular by the month since its debut and rise back in 1988, which is of course after Dragonball.

--

I'm hoping they're accurate about the costumes this time around. Some people like accuracy! :smile:

street fighter sells on its own merits.

the DBZ game series sells on the merits of an anime/manga.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That Goku player sucks =/, but it looks like you get a certain set of "assists". And I think, when you get a combo going, the camera changes, to give the illusion of 3D. Definitely looks like a great DBZ feel though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that it is like Shin Budokai on a console.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a direct continuation of the original Budokai series. That video proves it. Several of Goku's melee attacks, specifically the one where he charges a little, and then starts a fluid combo, are ones I remember from Budokai 3, the animations EXACTLY matching what we see here.

While it's cool to see this series taking it a step beyond even Budokai 3, which was about the most succesful DBZ game to date, but I'm disappointed that instead of taking the idea and enhancing it, that they're doing things like re-using animations from a last-gen game made in...what, 2003? 3004?

I mean, I never had a problem with those animations, but wouldn't you think creating fresh content designed for DBZ's next-gen debut' would be better than porting content from the last one?

I look forward to seeing things like the cinematics, but as far as making a truly next-gen DBZ game, I'm a bit disappointed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rest assured, J-Dude, there is an PS3 EXCLUSIVE DRAGONBALL Z SERIES IN THE MAKING!!!!!!

NARUTO AND BLEACH TOO!!

REST ASSURED!

PLUS DRAGONBALL ONLINE BABAY!@@!~

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is looking to be DBZ: Budokai Next Gen. It really looks like it's just going to be a repeat of the last 6 years, but on the current gen systems. In 3 years, Burst Limit will end and an "ALL NEW UPDATED 3D BATTLE SYSTEM" will be introduced, but it'll just be Budokai Tenkaichi with 360/PS3 graphics.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Watching, is much different from playing.

We've been through this how many times?

OMG OMG THE NEW DBZ IS GONNA BE AWESOME MAN YOU SEEN THAT NEW TRAILER OMOMGOMGG HAXORS LOL!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That video just showed how the game isn't epic at all. He did his special and no cool cut-scene showed Nappa getting carried away by the SB. I mean, they added it in T3 so why not in this new one? Why lack on anything? Why can't they get the games right for once? Why, why, why, WHY!?!?!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I held off on buying T3 and I'm glad I did, because it's just more of the same.

My favorite is still Budokai 3.

If this game surpasses Budokai 3, which it looks like it might, then I'll get it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't anyone think that the fighting system is strikingly similar to that of Shin Budokai?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
That video just showed how the game isn't epic at all. He did his special and no cool cut-scene showed Nappa getting carried away by the SB. I mean, they added it in T3 so why not in this new one? Why lack on anything? Why can't they get the games right for once? Why, why, why, WHY!?!?!!!
I doubt such an anti-climatic attack is the final super move that gets a cut scene.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:

My favorite is still Budokai 3.
I agree as far as the Budokai series goes, but for the Tenkaichi series it's T3. Budokai 3 had alot more involvement between a player attack with and a player defending a super move. I lvoed how you could actually inflict damage to your attack if you won the rotating battle or picked the right button on the rush.

@Chakra: I hope to god not, I'd be super pissed as I'm sure a lot of others would be as well. My make a game so anti-climatic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom