DragonBall Z: Burst Limit [360/ps3]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see this game turning out to be a very horrible one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Info from Juex France.

http://www.jeux-france.com/news23165_dragon-ball-z-burst-limit-en-images.html

Namco Bandai disseminates the first images of Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit planned on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the latest issue of Japanese magazine Shonen Jump. Il s'agira sans surprise d'un énième épisode de la série, un jeu de combat version next-gen cette fois avec tout plein de cut-scenes au cours des combats, et un mode en ligne qui devrait être inclus. It will surprise no one umpteenth episode of the series, a game fighter version next - this time with plenty of cut-scenes during the fighting, and an online mode, which should be included. La sortie du jeu est prévue pour l'année prochain au Japon. The release of the game is scheduled for next year in Japan.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, higher resolution HUD.
Neat looking backgrounds..
Is that it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh HELL yes! Hmm...Looks like it's going back to the old Budokai 3-esque sidescroll thing...But it's also bringing back full cinematics! And better than I've ever seen! Fully expressive faces, excellent models, high res textures!

If only the PS3 didn't have to be so freaking expensive...

But man, some of those effects were awe-inspiring. Goku going Super Saiyan looked insane.

From what I'm seeing, looks like this game only covers up to the Frieza Saga, so we can only expect so much gameplay...But even if it's just a clone of Budokai 1 with next-ge graphics and Budokai 3+ features, it'll be a great venture into a DBZ game allowed this kind of power.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
now thats so cool its disturbing, if the trailer is so captiveateing(2 bad it has only 2 minz) the game must be pure sickness,

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the game is constrained to a classic Budokai sidescroll, then it can only go so far. Couple that with having only the Frieza saga, and I'm guessing the game will be short. I'm hoping they'll try for next-gen GAMEPLAY as well, because the graphics are feaking incredible.

At the very least, if they're only going to Frieza Saga, then I expect they're going to milk as much from that period as they can. Meaning each battle has more meaning, while in Tenkaichi which followed every Saga, but half-assed the plot to fit it all in one game. I'm hoping that means each battle fought will be true to the series, and the circumstances will make you feel like you're really playig the anime. Even in Budokai 1, you felt apart from the plot with the narrator glossing over events in-between. Maybe in this one, the player will truly be INVOLVED in what's going on in the plot, as someone pursuing the manga or anime might? And I expect cinematics for EVERYTHING! I've waited for DBZ games to go back to true cinematics for years; now that it's here, I want Atari to really atone for making me wait :D

XD XD XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is going to suck hard for sure.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Must we say that for every DBZ game to be released? Has there been one where we HAVEN'T said that?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has there been one where that hasn't been true?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has there been one where that hasn't been true?
Um...Does nobody remember Budokai 3?

I'm just saying, the pessemism has been constant with every game, and it's a bit wearing to hear it as soon as we see the first screenshot. I mean, isn't it best to at least wait until we see gameplay videos and give a proper pros-cons list before we condemn it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, look! Another generic DBZ fighter! I can't wait to not rent this.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, look! Another generic DBZ fighter! I can't wait to not rent this.
Because you're totally going to buy it. It's OK man, nothing to be ashamed of, I love generic DBZ fighters too.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tenkaichi 3 was the only recent Budokai console game I rented and did not buy (aside from Budokai 1, didn't have a PS2 then).

However, assuming this is going to suck seems a bit pessimistic to me. Given Atari's track record, we can not automatically have high hopes for this.

But from what I can see so far? The best video game retelling of the DBZ story (cinematic wise). about 90% of that trailer was wither cutscenes or special move cinematics. They look sexy, yes, but the actual fighting is what I want to see. It looks to be in the style of the PSP Budokai style, with very sexy graphics.

I am deeply disappointed that it does not seem we will finally see our Earth-playground come into play with next gen consoles, but oh well. While the fighting doesn't seem very new, it has a lot more "ompfh" and satisfaction towards the moves, which is actually very important to a DBZ game.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At least it's being developed by Dimps this time (Budokai games) rather than Spike (Budokai Tenkaichi games). While the concept around Budokai Tenkaichi was good, it was executed pretty poorly and never lived up to the hype it generated. Hopefully Dimps will break that trend and actually make something worthwhile.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
While I still pretty much agree with this statement, it was only a joke to see how people would react. After seeing the trailer I've come to an oberservation that it looks just like Shin Budokai with a few different camera angles. Of course this is only a debut trailer, but I see the first two Burst Limits being a little bit over bad, then the second sequal being decent just like the last series'. I don't like how they made the graphics, when you mix complete cell shaded anime with X360 and PS3 capibilities it doesn't look very impressive. They should have stuck with the Tenkaichi / Super DBZ graphic system because the models look like complete rubbish in my opinion. Atari and Dimps need to give the DBZ gaming franchise to someone better, because the games and sequals are getting repetitive

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the models look awesome. The cell shading is perfect, except it's 100% shading and no ink lines.

I'm just glad we're back to having characters that seem alive, unlike Tenkaichi, which gave the models one expression, save for the ability to open and close the mouth, plus maybe a REALLY wide mouth to make it look like the character's yelling. I always preferred Budokai 3's models, because THEY had fully expressive faces.

These NEW models take it even further, I'm happy to say. I can't wait to see what the intro looks like. No more of this cell-shade/smooth-shade hybrid crap like the Tenkaichi intros. Let's have a real song and a real intro!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally still feel that Budokai 3 is the best DBZ game out there, so I'm very glad to see they're going for a 'Budokai 4' sort of thing. I thought the Budokai's series of combat system worked better and was more satisfying than Tenkaichi's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom