Dragonball Z : Budokai 2!! Totally new look!

Best answers
Wow. This better not end up like that Playstation game, Dbz:UB2.

I'll get Pics and a video soon, since gamespot is *** and making me sign up for all their shizazz.

Pick up your local Gamepro, had a nice preview. I'm impressed, can't wait!

This game features:

Fusions - Fuse Picollo with Krillin, stuff like that.

Cel Shaded graphics - They look good, anime style.

Bigger, better, and longer story mode - Can we get a hell yes?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is NO, yes, i said NO story mode. its called "dragon world" and it is like a turn based board game where each team has 4 characters and one team has to capture all the dragonballs first. there is NO storymode as gamespot and IGN mentioned

Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
there is NO, yes, i said NO story mode. its called "dragon world" and it is like a turn based board game where each team has 4 characters and one team has to capture all the dragonballs first. there is NO storymode as gamespot and IGN mentioned

Gamepro sucks. ;x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking forward to BUDOKAI 2 I like the Cel Shading is awesome!!! also if you wanna see screenies I suggest www.dbzonps2.com ^_^

Best answers
NTK.neo said:
Gamepro sucks. ;x

LOL Gamepro don't suck, since it covers all consoles and usually provides the best info and reviews......

PH33R T3H G@MP0!!!

Budokai2 pic(s)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt say gamepro, i said gamespot...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't matter. Gamepro does suck, and Gamespot is selling all your email addresses and marketing info to make a fast buck while they tell you a bunch of stuff that a subscription to EGM would do just the same.

Either way, they need to fix that whole capsule system, and the game will be set.

Best answers
Yeah this game is going to kick ass you can now power struggle and **** number 1 sucked.

Pictorius

P
I kind of liked the frist one but the capsule system sucked. But I think 2 will be cool becasue buu is in it :D

Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
i didnt say gamepro, i said gamespot...
I was replying to what neo said.

ONTOPIC....

Yeah B2 looks tight, the what if fusions sound like it's gonna add some fun humor to the game. I wanna see the Goku/Mr. Satan fusion, that'll pwn

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tsunami said:
I wanna see the Goku/Mr. Satan fusion, that'll pwn
I think it's funny that you want to see the one "odd" fusion that they actually showed in the series. heh. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanna see the Goku/Mr. Satan fusion, that'll pwn
Oh god, please no!

---

Hehe, The graphics are definitely better than version 1, but I say they should get rid of the hit impact graphics, and change the fighting and view system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really Like the Graphics they are Far Better Than B1 but I must I admit I will miss the Story Mode.

Best answers
Pff, the only decent DBZ console game is and always will be DBZ Legends. Every other game is just some lame attempt to make a generic fighitng game out of DBZ when the fighting in DBZ is anything but generic. Legends captures the speed, scale, and coolness of the show spectacularly. The "tug of war" style battles and HUGE free-for-alls you can have are just rediculously fun, not to mention the fact that you can play as just about every character in the whole series, at just about any age/form they have. The game spans all the way through the Buu saga...I have to stop before I crap my pants. I am sitting here pissed off because I LOST for christ's sake, LOST my copy of Legends, and I can't find it ANYWHERE now. FECK. All I can find is that crap-tastic UB22 mess. I promptly returned that garbage. Grrrrr.

Anyway, if you can find or download it(which I would actually encourage*), do so. You will have to find a device that will let you play Jap games on your US/UK system, but there are a million of those. I even think Pro Action Replay devices do this. Happy hunting!

*The reason why I would encourage downloading is if enough people download it, some publisher will realize there is a market for the game and possibly pick up the rights. *fingers crossed*

Best answers
Abe Froman said:
Pff, the only decent DBZ console game is and always will be DBZ Legends. Every other game is just some lame attempt to make a generic fighitng game out of DBZ when the fighting in DBZ is anything but generic. Legends captures the speed, scale, and coolness of the show spectacularly. The "tug of war" style battles and HUGE free-for-alls you can have are just rediculously fun, not to mention the fact that you can play as just about every character in the whole series, at just about any age/form they have. The game spans all the way through the Buu saga...I have to stop before I crap my pants. I am sitting here pissed off because I LOST for christ's sake, LOST my copy of Legends, and I can't find it ANYWHERE now. FECK. All I can find is that crap-tastic UB22 mess. I promptly returned that garbage. Grrrrr.

Anyway, if you can find or download it(which I would actually encourage*), do so. You will have to find a device that will let you play Jap games on your US/UK system, but there are a million of those. I even think Pro Action Replay devices do this. Happy hunting!

*The reason why I would encourage downloading is if enough people download it, some publisher will realize there is a market for the game and possibly pick up the rights. *fingers crossed*
Super Butoden 2 and 3...Hyper Dimension...

Best answers
The butoden's sucked, hyper dimension was ok, but the gameplay is a bit slow. And abe..what system is the Legend game for and i can help look. I can help if its PS and under. Anything higher is out of my reach.
*Ontoppic- Budokai one fighting was pretty much dule and everyone (almost) had the same base moves. Budokai 2 might be the same, but who cares. With all those chars and sweet @$$ cell-shading, its like that car commercial "Its a car you dont have to think about" i think i pointed myself out pretty well :) .

Best answers
ImpTaimer said:
The butoden's sucked, hyper dimension was ok, but the gameplay is a bit slow. And abe..what system is the Legend game for and i can help look. I can help if its PS and under. Anything higher is out of my reach.
Excuse me? I swear you New generation gamers with your fancy shmancy "X-box" and "Gamecube" really don't appreciate fine games. Super Butoden 1 & 2 were fast, great graphics for the time, split screen physics, power struggling, blocking, yadda yadda. Hyper Dimension was a little slow, but definitely playable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the game will still be crap and will never measure up to games like mvc2, ggxx, or even tekken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom