Dragonball ONLINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
what did i tell ya, i told you all non-believers it was real, and it looks freaking awesome, it had just damn well better come out in europe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks ****ing boshank, I may convert from WoW =P (depending on how fun it actually is) and you can tell akira's working on this, thats definately his concept styles ^^. Also another great thing, looks much more manga style than anime ^^ personally I dont think ive seen such a good style in a while, kinda reminds me of Dragon Quest. Things im wondering is, will you get new armour/clothes? maybe buy them and stylize? seriously I love customising how a character looks so they better not overlook it >;[ No flying though as I can see, i dont mind that, but It'd be awesome if they got that down.

They better not screw this up.
Imagine the posibilaties of flight, if they would have the power to fligh man every ****ing living being that knows how to play pc games would want this.

Just imagine a party vs party fight , all flying in the air doing melee moves,KHH waves and many more

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You gotta be able to fly in this game. That'd just be rediculous if it's based on DBZ since that's practially one of the trademark manuevers. If City of Heroes can do it, Dragonball Online can.

So it'll be in english too? And hopefully there will be a wider clothe range besides gis and what not. And I swear to god, if I see anyone like Ravendust said with Goku/Vegeta/Piccolo/etc clones, or "Goku's Sister", they should just be shunned by all players.

What they must get down, though I doubt, is terrain destruction and the scale of power. If some level 50 character is charging his strongest move, I want to see the effects of it from a distance. Power struggles too. If they are going to make a Dragonball world, we need to feel like it's being destroyed.

Gah, another computer game to zap my time away if it's in english, but it's sure about damn time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay since everyone wants to have something from the dbz universe lets make a list
1.customization of the caracters
2.flying
3.terain distruction

now just copy/paste the curent list and add something more that you want from it

Best answers
i just want at least trunks longhair in pony tail, a ripped jacket + sword, and at least kaioken, then my friends ill be a happy happy person :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2.flying
3.terain distruction
4.trunks longhair in pony tail, a ripped jacket + sword
5.kaioken

add it to a list man :p it would be more easy for the other to view

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Flight should be something you work your way up to, kinda like the way Goku did. You gain speed, then super jump, and finally fly. It'd make the transition from wannabe to dbz warrior a little more exciting.

Best answers
finally a cool pc dbz game ^^ , what's the release date ?

2.flying
3.terain distruction
4.trunks longhair in pony tail, a ripped jacket + sword
5.kaioken
6.ripping clothes while fighting too much :p

Best answers
Today, Bandai Visual announced that Akira Toriyama's popular manga and anime series "Dragon Ball" will become an online game called "Dragon Ball Online". Toriyama will oversee the project, while the Tokyo/Seoul-based company "NTL" will develop it. The game is scheduled for a release in 2008 in Japan, but a beta test in Korea will start this summer. Fees and payment schedules are undecided at this time.
looks like i found an idea of when the game will be out for you japan peeps ^_^

source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-03-20/dragon-ball-online-mmo-to-be-released-in-2008

Best answers
if USA and UK etc get this game (which they better do) then wel either have it a few months after japan or in 2009....i almost wet myself thinking about playing this game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I still don't get is why they're going this route; giving the players the ability to customize their characters in this way--inevitably you will see a lot of "Goku", "Vegeta", "Trunks"-named players, because those characters are the reason people became "obsessed" with Dragon Ball / Z to begin with. You can't really win with fans, and since some of the best characters were already created by Toriyama I doubt very many people will want to be original... and even if they do, they're only doing so with their "favorite characters" in the back of their minds. Same spirit to build what they fancied prior. Another thing is, it's not like an actual story is unfolding before you, with your "MMO character" as its main hero, really.

What I've noticed from the screenshots is all races may only be on one planet, which would be very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, unbelievably, unbelievably, unbelievably, unbelievably, disappointing. I still think the idea of having each race start on their own planets would be more ideal--and so that the PvP would work better; having Saiyans fight "Changelings", and Nameks fight "Humans" or whatnot. Saiyans [for the most part] should not resemble the Saiyans from later sagas, and more so the earlier Saiyan-look Toriyama had going, Pre-Frieza, with Ape transformations and all. Anyway, let's hope this doesn't disappoint us.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd rather have it where you pick a race and actually look wear the type of clothing from that race, such as saiyans having saiyan armor, nameks having their robe type outfit. i think that would fit a lot better than having all these almost look-likes flying around

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no doubt that everyone would choose to be a Saiyan.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How the hell do you balance a game like this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This looks cool, even though I hate mmorpgs :(....

"D?velopp? sous la direction de Bandai et d'Akira Toriyama, Dragon Ball Online devrait d?barquer en Cor?e d?s cet ?t? dans une version b?ta."

-English-
Developed under the direction of Brandai and Akira Toriyama, a beta version is to be released in Korea in the summer.

Oh snap :O. (Jeux-France is about the only use I get out of french class :( )

[edit]

Oopseh, didn't see an english site was posted :O...

Best answers
I feel the same way about MMORPGs, Enix, but this will be pretty interesting(even if it does blow). When I was younger, I had always hoped that a game like this would be created, especially since I was a DB freak back then. Hopefully they don't half-ass it. And it better not be an exclusive to Korea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I've noticed from the screenshots is all races may only be on one planet, which would be very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, unbelievably, unbelievably, unbelievably, unbelievably, disappointing. I still think the idea of having each race start on their own planets would be more ideal--and so that the PvP would work better; having Saiyans fight "Changelings", and Nameks fight "Humans" or whatnot. Saiyans [for the most part] should not resemble the Saiyans from later sagas, and more so the earlier Saiyan-look Toriyama had going, Pre-Frieza, with Ape transformations and all. Anyway, let's hope this doesn't disappoint us.
but remember...in DB there was no traveling to other planets

Best answers
Some newish screens:

looks realy awsome upclose, yeah and i agree with David here, the models look clean and manga stylish (Y).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom