Dragonball ONLINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just realised it's db online not dbz online, so that means no ssj T_T
Seeing as, when pushed, more people prefer Z to DB+GT combined, I doubt they'd alienate such a huge part of their demographic. I wouldn't be surprised if it spanned all three.

So far this looks and sounds hugely pooptacular, the article Vegeta posted says that Toriyama disagreed with a lot of things so they had to remove authentic DB/Z content "such as the Monkey King" (Oozarus?). I also don't like the idea of my character having to breed with an NPC to continue playing because he'll age and die. People get very attached to their MMO characters, watching them die an unavoidable death would be disasterous.

Unless you get the dragonballs and wish for "ETERNAAAAL YOOOOUUUUUTH!!" I guess.

Best answers
well im gonna stay with my oppinion (and hopes) that this is real, so could you guys keep posting anything you find new about this game, and keep me current. god damn i hope they make this game

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Do not/never Double post....they probably give you an warning for this..You should know if you readed the FAQ/Rules...

I think that this is fake...If it was real ppl knew about it...Like MC said above No info about the Dev....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as details released by the developer, it's possible a tester or someone among the dev. team decided to "leak" some images because their heads were spinning off with excitement, and the game's really only 1-2 months into development.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not impressed by the fact that two of their images were gameplay while two were publicity cells and one featured a drawing of Cell I've seen made in a Photoshop tutorial. I'm really hoping this is real, but I'm not holding my breath, because right now it seems unconvincing. Plus, I don't see the point in generation systems. People don't want the Sims, they want to fight with their own custom characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you link me to these images, J-Dude..? Apparently I missed them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh right right. Yeah man, I saw that. But when I thought about the image you were mentioning, I figured you weren't talking about those images on the other pages because they appear to just be "Dragon Ball" images; notice the one page 3? I think they're just showing people what it is. I don't know. The reason you can tell is because the "gameplay" screenshots look professional. Doesn't make sense that a company would build a game professionally but not their promo images or whatnot. That Cell one I have seen on Google. maybe they're lazy ****s and just googled some DBZ pics. I noticed the one on the third page was on the Wikipedia website under search category "anime". Besides though, that isn't even the "official" webpage, it's just some site that lists MMO's, and whoever added DBO had no real knowledge of DBZ.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks awsome! i wonder what the sytem requirements will be?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nevermind. I actually missed the next page. Haha.

Awesome, awesome, awesome work. :cry:

Best answers
I dont care how terrible this game is, if I get to create my own Saiya-jin, I'm in.

I thought beforehand it might be fan-made, but this looks a little more legit, not that I really care, as long as I get to play it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I figured you could create your own character, otherwise there would be a lot of conflicts ^_^. Even though, If that is Dragonball.. Why is goku old? He should be young still.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully we won't see loads of character clones. Like XY (where X is a main character from the show and Y is a random number eg Goku363, Piccolo666). It would be nice to see some genuine creations, though knowing the fanbase it probably won't happen.

I wonder how these new characters are going to tie into the series storyline? Do you beat Frieza on a dying Namek? Or is it all new?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh...My...GOD!!! Okay, now THIS just rocks! Oh crap, I thought for sure this was a farce, but those screens don't lie! Man, and it looks like the original Z fighters are here as NPCs. I can only guess that they invented a multitude of new enemies for this game to act as villains. The attacks look awesome; just that dinky little girl's blue beam looks powerful enough to give the most fearsome looking attacks in Guild Wars penis-envy. I'm glad it seems like beams seem to keep going when they hit a weak enemy.

And by God, look at how many attack slots they give you! And wow, the characters themselves are seemless...From the hair combos to the clothes (the spiky red haired dude with Goku's orange suit WITH a rubber black undershirt?) This game looks visually impressive. I just hope they deliver the goods, especially in travel. I want to see people zooming along like in COH at their liesure, coming and going.

Oh, and I wonder if they'll use real dialogue for the NPCs and for the original characters? It'd certainly be awesome to hear your character speak. They should in that case allow you to choose your voice like in the Tony Hawk games.

Oh God, this is exciting! A dream come true in every way!

Any word on a release date, or is this still really fresh in dev.?

Best answers
the character creation is nice.

but as long as you dont get the feeling of being really powerful after endless hours of playtime(thats something i missed in all dbz games, the feeling of getting really strong,the ability to kill weaker enemys with one hit, or blow them away with your aura etc. after leveling up alot) or the ability to blow up anything besides npcs or other players the game will suck balls for sure.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks ****ing boshank, I may convert from WoW =P (depending on how fun it actually is) and you can tell akira's working on this, thats definately his concept styles ^^. Also another great thing, looks much more manga style than anime ^^ personally I dont think ive seen such a good style in a while, kinda reminds me of Dragon Quest. Things im wondering is, will you get new armour/clothes? maybe buy them and stylize? seriously I love customising how a character looks so they better not overlook it >;[ No flying though as I can see, i dont mind that, but It'd be awesome if they got that down.

They better not screw this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom