Dragon Ball Z: Sparking Meteor/Tenkaichi 3 [PS2/WII]

Best answers
just 4 new chars? doesnt sound very good to me.

thay said somewhere there were 20 new chars i wonder if thay will put that Dr from The Worlds Strongest in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game is still in the works, they reveal 3 new characters to get you curious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too bad that these DBZ Games are button mash.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@mf29 - The difference between my character list and the one you posted was that most of my suggested characters had transformations, story-relevance, and all of them used energy. This is compared to, say, 'every-character-who-ever-fought-ever-ever'.

I do quite like your costume suggestions though.

Oh and anyone who says Tenkachi 2 was just a button masher never played against anything other than the piss-poor AI. It's like Smash Brothers. On the surface you look at it and are won by it's simplicity, then you play it and do well with mashing, then you realise there's a lot of depth buried underneath that surface.

Point in case, i've been playing BT+BT2 since their respective release dates, I have friends I can beat as Yajirobe, and friends who can beat me with a perfect without transforming. There's a wide spectrum of skill.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Button mash me in Tenkaichi 2 and we'll see what happens ;)
That's a lame defense. I could easily say something like

Fly around 'raping' your mouse in esf vs me and we'll see what happens.

Best answers
That's a lame defense. I could easily say something like

Fly around 'raping' your mouse in esf vs me and we'll see what happens.
I don't need a 'good' defense. If you think the game is nothing but button mashing, you haven't played it enough, or against anyone but AI.

Like I said, quite honestly, if you button mash, you'll get destroyed.

Best answers
Oh and anyone who says Tenkachi 2 was just a button masher never played against anything other than the piss-poor AI. It's like Smash Brothers. On the surface you look at it and are won by it's simplicity, then you play it and do well with mashing, then you realise there's a lot of depth buried underneath that surface.
I can't believe you just compared those two games, In some countries you go to jail for that, or at the very least lose one of your hands.

Sparking Neo isn't a technical fighter, I personally find the fighting system to be horrid, and much prefer Super Dbz, but I grew up on Street Fighter, so I'm biased.

It may not be a complete button masher, but it's about as technical as Mike Tyson's Punch out on NES.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in my opinion Dragonball Z Budokai 3 is the best dbz ps2 3d fighting game! :)
i love that game,graphics,gameplay....

Best answers
Oh and anyone who says Tenkachi 2 was just a button masher never played against anything other than the piss-poor AI.
Didn't realize until now that Ravendust said the exact same thing I did.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sparking Neo isn't a technical fighter, I personally find the fighting system to be horrid, and much prefer Super Dbz, but I grew up on Street Fighter, so I'm biased.
You aren't pleased by much are you? Personally, when it comes to fighting games, I like them to have simple controls and semi-easy to execute moves that have a slight learning curve, but don't require you to study hexidecimal in order to play. Games like Super Smash Bros. were especially pleasing. There were combos sure, but they weren't overboard. I always found hard-core side scroll fighters like Street Fighter lame. Sometimes I just want to pick up a game and play it instead of learning how to do the "up, back, joystick rotate halfway back, attack button" crap that's infuriating to try learning. And believe me I tried. Eventually I just decided it wasn't worh the effort since it wasn't giving me any sort of pleasure.

Combos are good, hence I enjoyed the original Budokais', but I hate it when the combos deal strictly with pressing directional buttons a certain way without an accompanying button, because the sensetive controls are fractal and unreliable. You try executing a combo this way and don't nail it, and the enemy hands you to your maker.

Best answers
You aren't pleased by much are you? Personally, when it comes to fighting games, I like them to have simple controls and semi-easy to execute moves that have a slight learning curve, but don't require you to study hexidecimal in order to play. Games like Super Smash Bros. were especially pleasing.
Oh, I must have a terribly high standard if I prefer one Dbz game over another.

I understand your love of simplicity, I'm a huge SSBM fan, however my problems with Sparking Neo (apart from the overall clumsiness of the fighting engine) is just how spammable everything is, you can literally keep stunning the crap out of someone indefinitely, nuke them with your super move, use your remaining blast stocks to charge back up into sparking mode, wail on them and super move again.

That to me isn't fun, thats broken

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
T3 needs a deeper fighting system.

B3's fighting system has more depth IMO, in that game everyone doesn't have the same combos. This game (Tenkaichi) fails at providing a deep fighting system to give combos more sting. If this game does not have that to offer, then I'm afraid I won't buy it this time. I'm not buying this game for extra characters. That's not enough, they focus on the wrong things, those of which serve the most purpose. But we'll see, all that's been provided are screenshots, no videos.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mountain Dewd said:
I can't believe you just compared those two games, In some countries you go to jail for that, or at the very least lose one of your hands.
From my experiences with both games, they're very close in terms of depth. However, the more you play a game, the greater the expanse you can explore;

Mountain Dewd said:
you can literally keep stunning the crap out of someone indefinitely, nuke them with your super move, use your remaining blast stocks to charge back up into sparking mode, wail on them and super move again.
That's exactly what Keiha and I have been talking about. That **** might fly against the AI on Easy or Medium, but against Hard or (ideally) a human opponent, you wouldn't even get halfway through that lucrative combo without it being broken and countered. Just about everything can be blocked/energy-blocked or teleported. If you can repeatedly stun someone over and over again, please direct their right thumb to the Circle button.

Best answers
you can literally keep stunning the crap out of someone indefinitely
Okay, in melee there are many ways to get out of a combo...with ease too if you aren't a scrub.

1. Use a barrier technique to break the combo
2. Block button
3. Block with timing to teleport
4. X + direction to cartwheel (or w/e) out of the way

Not to mention you can break their combo with YOUR combo

nuke them with your super move
There's a large fraction of super moves that require you to rush. With these you have to set them up for it, or do it within range that it's hard to block. (Barriers, energy-block, beam attacks etc can stop this)

With beam supers, you can dodge if they didn't fire it off close enough or put into a combo. Besides the point, with timing you can dodge/teleport it.

use your remaining blast stocks to charge back up into sparking mode, wail on them and super move again.
I can count on my hand the number of characters that can do that, and they can do that because they need it to be balanced. (USSJ Trunks comes to mind, one of the worst characters imo to manipulate and use)

Not only that, but those moves take 5 seconds or so to use. Plenty of time to beam, charge, melee, or do something to interrupt it.

~ Like Raven and I said, unless you're playing a person or the AI on hard mode, you won't notice the ways to intervene and counter attacks.

BT2 is no where near as simple as you think it is, I think it's a very good comparison to Smash Bros Melee.

Best answers
I do own the game, and I'm aware of the different options you can take to counter your opponent (however the teleporting system is still a little spotty)

However, I feel the counters that are available do little to spice up the premise behind the combat, it all boils down to dialing in to the specific movement you're after, which is determined by how many punches come before it.

Punch-Punch-Punch-Stun-Punch-Punch-Push

I know it gets broken up by assorted teleports and throws etc, but that is the core of the fighting engine, so excuse me if I fail to see the "depth"

Whatever my misgivings about the mechanics of the hand to hand combat, the flying system takes the cake as probably the worst thing in the game, it's so slow and unresponsive it doesn't even feel like the free-roaming fighter it claims to be.

Sparking Neo is full of some good ideas, that just don't work as well as they should, many things end up being supremely useless or pretty much ruin the game balance (I'm looking at anyone who can use 3 blast stocks to hit Sparking mode)

I still have trouble seeing the comparison with SSBM, considering it has a solid fighting engine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my personal opinion, T2's fighting system isn't really broken, it's just far too focussed on offense. There aren't enough potent ways to evade or block or counter. As has been said, it's possible to get insane chains and combos going, granted you're good enough, to deal insane damage with the other person unable to as much as block. That's just cheap.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well T2's fighting is a step above T1's I gotta say. They are on the way there, and I do feel like I have more freedom, but I still feel like I am very limited, and that when you enter melee mode, you are stuck in a box.

People have compared this to ZOE2 a lot, which I can see. When I fought in ZOE2, I NEVER felt like I was in a box. Because..

When you hit a character, they go backwards slightly

When in melee mode, you could easily float around the opponent forward, backward, and side to side. Tenkaichi has you locked in, and the only way you can maneuver around the opponent are side steps, backsteps, and dash ins.

And to those that will claim "Tenkaichi 2 is NOT Zone of the Enders", obviously yeah it's not. So what? The fluidness of ZOE's fighting system could EASILY be implemented into Tenkaichi 2.

But, Tenkaichi 2 did have the best feel to DBZ, next to Budokai 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom