Dragon Ball Z: Sparking Meteor/Tenkaichi 3 [PS2/WII]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cell shading isn't working, they can improve the graphics by changing that.

It has nothing to do with the PS2, looks at Kingdom Hearts, the game should look that way IMO.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i want that scanner, so i can bust into my friends room and be like

"WHAT 9000?!!?!"

eh,...Scouter? :rolleyes:

im with mf29, i hate the celshading graphics latly..... they could try to improve the renderin.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always loved cel shading, but these graphics can be taken much farther. T3 thus far isn't even close to reaching PS2's graphic limitations. Here are a couple edited images with Zeth's wisdom applied:

Oh, and some direct quotes of Zeth's thoughts...

No one seems to mind that their using the mostly the same character models and maps from previous games, I see. Additionally, is it just me, or do these characters look a little... under par in quality. Not that graphics should be the main driving force behind a game, but when you badly uvwmap some areas, use low-resolution 256x256 or lower textures for a full body, and set a limit of 100 triangles and try to make a hand; it tends to start looking blocky and blurry. Babidi's texture-based shadow doesn't even have any form of percentage-closer or any filtering of any type -- giving it a nice, fresh PS1 gleam.

That goes on to say that there's not much mesh depth information to offer the lighting algorithm, resulting in REALLY poor shadows that overlay and cover areas where they should actually be offering better lighting results. The outlines as well are based on a simple brute force, dual-pass silhouette only vertex offset approach and while this isn't bad in itself, you need to take into account model angles else you'll be getting very bad artifacts on edges. Additionally, while it's hard to ascertain from the screenshots, it seems they have consistent line width at all distances -- resulting in too thick lines in extreme closeup instances.

At least they tried ... I think.

Best answers
the hell... Babidi is playable?
But don't all those models sort of look 2D-ish?

@J-Dude. Not to offend you or to bring up harsh memories or anything but weren't you, like, banned?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, the graphics are pretty bad, and I will not purchase this game if they remain this way.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, the graphics are pretty bad, and I will not purchase this game if they remain this way.
It's practically the same graphics as the previous Tenkaichi games. Besides, the developers are most likely aiming for more characters than anything else since that was one of the most request things. Too bad they don't make a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or maybe they made the attacks and effects look better and that's the reason why they had to make crappier models :|

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@J-Dude. Not to offend you or to bring up harsh memories or anything but weren't you, like, banned?
No, it was a two-week reprieve from unecessary stress experienced on the aforementioned occasion. For my health you see. Such stress accompanying the strife of finals week wasn't good. I feel much recuperated now. All is well with the world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate how everyone has an old face.

Goku in the Frieza sage has the same face as Goku in the Buu Saga, it doesn't make any since.

Vegeta has a more skinnier-less built body in the sayian and namek saga.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate how everyone has an old face.

Goku in the Frieza sage has the same face as Goku in the Buu Saga, it doesn't make any since.

Vegeta has a more skinnier-less built body in the sayian and namek saga.
They just chose a style to follow.
It's the later drawing style that the anime had. However I do agree with you in 100% :smile:

The fact that they are using the same models over and over again is pretty obvious, I didnt expect them to remake 130 models what so ever even though they should give a fresh, new feeling to the game.

To me the game looks exactly like how BT2 looked and hasnt changed one bit graphics wise, which is a shame...
Models, maps...even the cell shading technique looks exactly the same, no improvement at all =x
I realise these are pretty early shots of the game but if you noticed it at all, every early shot from any Budokai game had a pretty big and noticeable leap in graphics from it's previous game, something that we dont see here in BT3.

I'll probably get this game just out of curiousity =P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like everyone should go and suggest that they NOT use the same models over and over again. I agree with you guys 100% as well. The models need to be re-made.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found this render from the website, I don't know if he looks like this in-game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do people immediately think this game will be bad just because of small graphical problems that could potentially be easily overlooked in the middle of the fight or cut-scene that'll probably be moving quickly anyway?

Also, does the phrase "work in progress" mean anything to anyone at all?

"I won't buy the game because some of the graphics in this work-in-progress game doesn't meet my standards."
"What about the game-play?"
"Game...play...?"

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do people immediately think this game will be bad just because of small graphical problems that could potentially be easily overlooked in the middle of the fight or cut-scene that'll probably be moving quickly anyway?

Also, does the phrase "work in progress" mean anything to anyone at all?

"I won't buy the game because some of the graphics in this work-in-progress game doesn't meet my standards."
"What about the game-play?"
"Game...play...?"
I dont think anyone said the game will be bad just cause of the graphics.
Most of us know that it's not the graphics that make the game.

But didnt you noticed that every new Budokai game had a quality leap in graphics from it's previous game?
Budokai 2, Budokai 3,Tenkaichi, Tenkaichi 2...
And now Tenkaichi 3 looks like an exact copy of Tenkaichi 2 only with a few gameplay improvements.

Dont know what about you guys but I find it really weird as they could spend a bit time on giving the game a fresh new feeling in looks so we can actually see some difference from Tenkaichi 2...
That was my point.

By the way mf, that Goku render is definatly not the ingame model, if it is a model.
It's either a highier poly version that was made for the renders alone or it's a photoshopped render (more likely).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its hard to make Tenkaichi 3 better than Tenkaichi 2 if #2 had pretty much reached the PS2's hardware limit. I say take it as it is, don't complain about it, and pray that the gameplay makes it the best DBZ game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its hard to make Tenkaichi 3 better than Tenkaichi 2 if #2 had pretty much reached the PS2's hardware limit. I say take it as it is, don't complain about it, and pray that the gameplay makes it the best DBZ game.
How could it have reached the PS2 limits when Kingdom Hearts 2 looks better in every way? Wouldn't that mean that Kingdom Hearts 2 reached it limits? Doesn't that mean Kingdom Hearts 2's powerlevel is over 9,000!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz-mQhxyCA0
First video made by the team showing off T3. The transformations look a lot better then before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuVC4kS2u8k

I keep hearing weird comments about this being the Beta version of BT1.

I don't think so, because in mid vid, there's some weird Kamehameha sequence.

If this is authentic BT3 footage, I will say that it's still in development, and I'm not impressed by this video.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's BT1 footage.

BT3 has a new teleporting system now. He never used it.

I also remember having seen this video before, before BT1's release around E3.

That's not BT3. I'm sure of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom