Dragon Ball Z balance ?Tru or False

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
I'm sure it hapenned to almost every manga turned anime in history. Besides, I'd much rather have had all the memorable drawn-out moments in DBZ than a really short show. I mean, they weren't making FLCL or anything (wasn't that like, what...4 episodes?).

Besides, its already over and done with. I say let's quit whining to each other over what could have been and enjoy the pros that have brought us all together constantly to a DRAGONBALL Z WEBSITE!!! We couldn't have hated it THAT bad to sit here talking about it dawn to dusk, right?
I disagree, the bleach anime is superb, it follows the manga very very closely and doesnt deviate too much from the original story, even though the recent addition of "fillers" have made me stop watching it.

I'd rather have quality than quantity.

Please dont presume that i came here because i liked the dbz anime infact i'd only ever seen the buu saga and dbz movies when i joined this forum, but i had read nearly all the manga. I hate the anime, its what gives dbz its bad reputation, and this is why it annoys me that people have complaints about dbz when they dont understand half the stuff they complain about is there because of stupid corperation dessicions rather than the original intentions of the creator. Stuff like Vegeta's final flash vs the mini cells is just the tip of the ice berg, instead of "sprucing" up the show, or developing character, its does quite the opposite. It creates incosistancies, and the future more important descisions of characters have been inhibited by their earlier actions, it just doesnt quite sit right with me.

edit: i just noticed how many spelling mistakes are in this post... sorry, but with my current sleep pattern its hard to be able to concentrate >_<

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree whit Davidskiwan he is right it will be cool to see the real show not someting made up ex: i'v head Naruto from epison 130 to 180 ar made randomly because they got whit the episods haster then the manga, so i realy want to see the Tru story not some adjustem to the stoy , When Vegeta Fired a Final -Flash at the mincell i'v sayid WTF the Final - Flash Stopt by telekineza and come of if a minicell culd do this to a final Flash they suld killed the z fight's in like 2 seconds

MC

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
I agree whit Davidskiwan he is right it will be cool to see the real show not someting made up ex: i'v head Naruto from epison 130 to 180 ar made randomly because they got whit the episods haster then the manga, so i realy want to see the Tru story not some adjustem to the stoy , When Vegeta Fired a Final -Flash at the mincell i'v sayid WTF the Final - Flash Stopt by telekineza and come of if a minicell culd do this to a final Flash they suld killed the z fight's in like 2 seconds
The reason why the mini-Cells didn't kill the Z Fighters was due to Cell wanting the mini-Cells to torture them in front of Gohan so he would get mad, I'm not sure about the manga though since I've only read parts that I was skeptical about from the show.

Fillers are added whenever time is needed to work on another project. A good example of this is Naruto, the only reason why they are going through a lot of fillers is so that the show doesn't catch up with the manga. The same thing probably was applied to Dragon Ball Z. It could be possible while Akira Toriyama finally decided to continue the Dragon Ball manga after Goku was supposed to have died that Toei Animation went ahead and created the Garlic Jr. Saga to give Akira Toriyama time to plan out the continuation of the series.

The added information in the show was added to give the viewer more information and more of an insight on things. Remember that Akira Toriyama worked with Toei Animation on the show, so what you might think was stupid was probably decided on by Akira Toriyama or at least approved by him.

Akira Toriyama never had a problem with the show either, he hasn't said one negative thing about it so far. That's not to say that a lot of the added things were pointless and whatnot, but hey, what can you do?

Another thing is that Akira Toriyama had deadlines to meet, which basically is the same with most manga-to-anime shows, a chapter a week equals one episode.

By all this, I'm not at all implying that anyones opinions and thoughts on the matter are invalid, I'm just giving my own insight on it.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's_Soul said:
You could say that, but if he composed enough energy to destroy a planet into a small area, ALL of Buu's cells should have been destroyed, down to his last skin cell.

He shoulden't have been in pieces big enough to see with the unaided eye.
You should also consider the fatiuge Vegeta went through before blowing up. He had Buu pound the crap out of him and atomic blast (which I imagine would of had a great ki cost for Vegeta) drained him, so he wasn't exactly at full power, it would of been based on the power that he had left. Atleast that's IMO on that matter.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
From what ive read toriyama didnt have hardly any input into the anime, but what i read in an interview once went along the lines of " I like seeing what they add, but most of all i enjoy watching it with my own children"

What i mean about the conversion errors, by what the animators add in and change, its like changing how things happen... this is quite a difficult concept to explain, I'll try my best to describe it; Everytime the show deviates from the manga, it changes the situation of the characters in some way that doesnt correspond with future events, be it the characters personality/past, how they use moves in a fight, characters powerlevels, entire histories. This is what i dislike, it also imo effects the atmosphere, it doesnt give me the same dbz "vibe" if there is such a thing.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that Akira suld ended the show at Vegeta's Self Destroct, this was Goku , Vegeta , and Gohan will save the day and i think a end like this will be cool

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
I think that Akira suld ended the show at Vegeta's Self Destroct, this was Goku , Vegeta , and Gohan will save the day and i think a end like this will be cool
Well, I can't say I agree. If Buu was ultimately defeated with Vegeta's Final Explosion, it would have marked, I think, the shortest ultimate villain in Dragonball history. A lot of fans hoping for more of their favorite show would be greeted with an ending which left a lot up in the air.

For one thing, Buu's character and powers were hardly developed yet. We'd only hit the tip of the iceberg as far as his regeneration, seen his change beam once, and only glanced Buu's true darker nature.

I'd have been disappointed, waiting so long after the Cell saga (which one person in my class at the time thought was the end) for the next season, and then having so much building up to Buu with the Tournament, Great Saiyanman and Majin Vegeta. I'd have considered it a true rip-off. I liked the idea after Buu and Babidi rose from the rubble that things looked so bleak. Gohan was out of commission, Vegeta was dead, and Goku was the only real warrior left to do anything, and he only had less than a day to do it!

The discovery of the fusion technique into the DBZ world was an excellent concept.

But of course, if you'd ended it there, you'd have missed what I thought was the most awesome new thing in the saga: Super Saiyan 3!!!

I remember seeing the hunt for the Dragon Radar and the foreshadowed Goku VS Buu showdown as a minor plot detail. When Goku said at the end of the episode, "I'm guessing an Ascended Super Saiyan isn't much of a challenge for you, so...how about I take it up to the next level?!"

I remember how expectant I was to see the next episode the following day. How I was disappointed to see the first five minutes of it just sitting around while Trunks hangs in midair.

And of course you know what happenned from there! Goku went even further beyond! And of course, that symphonic genius Bruce Faulconer gave the new level a grandeur he hadn't instilled in the SS2 ascension (I guess he was making it up to us who were disappointed to hear the Hyperbolic Time Chamber theme when Gohan ascended).

And I'd have been miserable if THAT had been omitted from DBZ!

Besides, I actually think some of the filler does the anime great. In the manga, Gohan's Super Saiyan ascension is just something that happens between scenes. You only see the moment he transforms. It leaves a lot out.

In the anime, they used a lot of filler time to give Gohan necessary setup for later on in the Cell games. His internal struggles with himself are revealed, we see him mature and see the full transformation, which I think was highly climactic and rocked. You really see why he transforms. A lot of Gohan's insecurities later on surface in the Cell Games, particularly when he's using the Kamehameha struggle.

Best answers
Dunno if anyone's mentioned it because to be honest i couldnt be bothered reading all the posts but the spirit bomb that killed kid buu wasnt just Goku's energy, it was the energy of himself, Mr Satan, Vegeta and every single person upon the earth, if they each had a power level of a mere 10 thats still like 30 billion + all together so Im reckoning it'd work

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
Bruce Faulconer gave the new level a grandeur he hadn't instilled in the SS2 ascension (I guess he was making it up to us who were disappointed to hear the Hyperbolic Time Chamber theme when Gohan ascended).
Yeah the first Super Saiyan transformation had a theme, as well as Super Saiyan 3. You would think the one transformation that was made to end Cell would have it's own music...

But, is the music titled "Gohan Powers Up" the transformation music that was SUPPOSED to be used for the SSJ2 ascension? Because I can not recall a time in DBZ when that music was played.

MC

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
vezryl said:
Dunno if anyone's mentioned it because to be honest i couldnt be bothered reading all the posts but the spirit bomb that killed kid buu wasnt just Goku's energy, it was the energy of himself, Mr Satan, Vegeta and every single person upon the earth, if they each had a power level of a mere 10 thats still like 30 billion + all together so Im reckoning it'd work
It was the same as the Spirit Bomb used by Goku against Frieza, but that didn't even phase him while it destroyed Buu. Both gathered energy from all over the universe, but Frieza was the one who took a direct hit by it, while Buu was just trying to push it back.

Chakra-X said:
But, is the music titled "Gohan Powers Up" the transformation music that was SUPPOSED to be used for the SSJ2 ascension? Because I can not recall a time in DBZ when that music was played.
"Gohan Powers Up" is used when Grand Kai awakens Gohans hidden power.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually first heard it when Gohan was trying to free the Z Sword. I was surprised when I looked back at the episodes. I thought for sure it was used for Gohan's power up in the world tournament.

@MC: If you recall, Namek and the planets around it were extremely sparse for life. One of the planets only had plants. That Spirit Bomb was just made of energy that naturally came when called. The people of Earth during Buu's Spirit Bomb gave their energy willingly, like Vegeta said, not just "taking a little, but as much as they can give". Earth was bursting with lifeforms (6 billion humans aint too shabby). Not to mention the Namekians who lended a hand, but unfortunately there aren't many of them anyway, so it wasn't that much help. I have a feeling that Android 17 and 18 were a lot of help. After all, they have an unlimited energy engine, and are a bit stronger than Goten and Trunks, so if they kept it constant, it probably helped bolster the bomb.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
oki so the spirit bomb had a huge amount of power against Buu , but From Frieza i think it use the same power anyway what about KidBuu Ball guided ball attack ,The ball like a Death Ball but smallar and kidBuu shot at goku goku rediectet it , he circal the planet and came back at goku and goku douge and it hit's the planet's CORE WHAT ABOUT THIS WHO COME THE PLANED DID NOT EXPLOD like FRieza Detonate the planet on namek, and COME on Goku's Instant Transmit the Speed of Light in Arival of Raditz Picolo sayid He douge the speed of Light WTF it dose not make sans , and kidBuu generic beam when he first apered a generic ball culd destroy the planet 10x from that to non

MC

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
oki so the spirit bomb had a huge amount of power against Buu , but From Frieza i think it use the same power anyway what about KidBuu Ball guided ball attack ,The ball like a Death Ball but smallar and kidBuu shot at goku goku rediectet it , he circal the planet and came back at goku and goku douge and it hit's the planet's CORE WHAT ABOUT THIS WHO COME THE PLANED DID NOT EXPLOD like FRieza Detonate the planet on namek, and COME on Goku's Instant Transmit the Speed of Light in Arival of Raditz Picolo sayid He douge the speed of Light WTF it dose not make sans , and kidBuu generic beam when he first apered a generic ball culd destroy the planet 10x from that to non
Instant Transmission is much different than moving fast. Instant Transmission causes the user to de-materialize, meaning that his/her body is broken into millions and millions of pieces. These pieces move much faster than the speed of light, and when the destination is reached, the person re-materializes.

Also Goku has stated that the instant transmission is much faster than the speed of light.

Think of Star Trek when their using the teleports, it's the same exact principles as Instant Transmission.

I would disregard anything said before half-way through the Ginyu Saga since all of those episodes before it were dubbed by some other company and there were tons of errors (Goku's father being a scientist for one).

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So instant transimion it's faster then the speed of light but goku sayid to kid buu "Now he can move at the speed of light and he can destroy a galaxy in 1 houer and the kai Plante it was a litlter distent from ar solar sistem , and they got instantly , and as for Buu's Ball whick hit the core of the plante and did not explod like in Freeza saga

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you're right that the blast probably went staright to the core, but I think what you're missing is that the Planet of the Kais' isn't a normal planet. I'm sure its completely solid and cool at the core. Normally, and energy blast causes a chain reaction with the liquid interior of a planet, but in this instance there IS no liquid rock in the planet. Therefore, the collapse wasn't catastrophic. If you recall, in the anime, the result of the ball doing this caused the planet to shift. As rock shifted to fill the slightly hallow core, rock pillars came loose and sank and rose according to physics. A lot of sinkholes opened up when you saw the planet from a distance. You see this as Goku and Buu stare each other down. In the anime, Goku, while on one of the pillars once the rock stops shifting, decided to bring it up to Super Saiyan 3.

The Kai Planet is so stable that yo would have to physically blow the whole thing up, every chunk yourself.

More proof here is how readily Goku (while Buu was half imbedded in the ground) blasted a whole that went right through the whole planet to no unpleasent effect.

It was just the planet, not Akira lacking physics aptitude.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Now realy King Kai Planet was a planet whit 10x time the normal graviti right who come that planet exploted and this one did not come on this planet did not have a core?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom