Dragon Age 2 Announced

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[Update: 2:00pm] EA has confirmed that Dragon Age II is scheduled to release on the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 in March 2011.

[Update: 10:00am] As expected, BioWare has formally unveiled Dragon Age II. While details are still thin on the ground, the developer has confirmed PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation editions and revealed a little more about what the sequel brings.

You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.

Key Features:

• Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
  • Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
  • Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
  • Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
  • Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.

A trailer is promised for August 17--the date of EA's Gamescom 2010 press conference. Pre-orders will open for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 at 10:00am PST today.

[Original Story] Dragon Age II, a sequel to BioWare's fantasy RPG Dragon Age: Origins, has been revealed today by the cover for next month's issue of Game Informer magazine--as was teased and rumoured yesterday.

All we know at this point is what Game Informer has to say--"Dragon Age II is a full-fledged sequel, featuring a new hero, a different part of the world, and a ton of surprising improvements that will shed even more light on the lore of the Dragon Age universe." We'll have more details for you whenever BioWare formally announces the game.

Platforms and a release date are of course yet-unknown. However, a Dragon Age thing is due on February 1, 2011 and EA's latest release schedule listed a "Dragon Age Title TBA" for release on "Console, Handheld/Mobile, PC" between January 1 and March 31, 2011. DA: Origins was released for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in November 2009.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64658

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, I'm sort of getting annoyed by the fact that every game these days promises how your choices in the game change the entire storyline, while in the end the only thing that changes is...well..the ending. When will there be a game that actually makes me go to different cities depending on whether I am evil or good. And truly provides a different storyline. Instead of following the exact same storyline, and the only thing that changes depending on your evil behavior is how much the other characters like you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't like Dragon Age 1 much. It had a weird combat system that reminded me of WoW and that isn't a good thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to agree with Sirc, at best some games have multiple endings, but really have yet to see a game where you can alter the course of the game. The biggest dissapointment was the Fable series even though they were kind of fun, but even awesome games like Mass Effect or Fallout 3 just had different endings :/. I guess the choice of blowing megaton up or not was pretty big but it didn't really change the big picture.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragon Age, had bad dialogue and the PvE was mostly repetitive... except for sidequests... not worth $60 compared to MMOs.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I am tired of is the fact that every game has to have a #2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Original ideas are for pussies!

What I don't get is why they can't just make an entirely different game in the same universe? I mean, I understand that new, good concepts are hard to come by, but do you need to repeat the same old stuff?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but from a game programming/creation perspective, it's pretty damn difficult (or at least costly and time consuming) to create truly unique pathways depending on decisions that are made, I mean, what are you really asking for? Basically 2 games. I'm not sure, but I think I'd prefer one large game with a faux split storyline, then two half games that were developed on the same budget that are truly different depending on your decisions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather have fifty games built into one, with the same universe.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They basically wanted $120 for DA1 and all the DLC... now I wonder if they want $320 for DA2 and all the DLC.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They basically wanted $120 for DA1 and all the DLC... now I wonder if they want $320 for DA2 and all the DLC.
Don't get me started on DLC, biggest joke rip-off **** ever!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It annoyed the hell out of me that they added quests for the DLCs in the game when you hadn't bought the DLCs yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's exactly the problem with DLC, too often, game developers create a game, then decide what they can take out of it to charge as additional "downloadable content". The best was Bioshock 2's "DLC" released the game, couple weeks later they offer the "new DLC", pay your $5 or whatever to download a 100kb file, that's your DLC, a file that unlocks content that was already available on the disk when you installed it.

I have no problem with DLC and expansions if it's legitimate and enhances the game, it's dodgy **** to get more money for content that should be available as standard that grinds my gears.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://kotaku.com/5585343/dragon-age-iis-new-look-in-screen-shots

BioWare's next big role-playing game, Dragon Age II, will be a very different thing. For starters, the sequel sports a "new visual style," readily apparent from concept art and newly released first screen shots of Dragon Age II.

Game Informer magazine subscribers are already basking in printed versions of Dragon Age II's new artistic direction, but now you can see them (legitimately) online.

There's less photorealism and less blood-splattered heroes and villains, with some familiar faces re-imagined. Our new hero, Hawke, appears to have less Uncanny Valley heritage in his blood, thanks to the sequel's new look, but I'm sure you have your own opinions about the new look. So, opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom