Doom 3 July, August

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ehh cool i guess but im not into doom. ive only played the very first doom lol fun times

Best answers
wow man i cant wait for that! Me and my cousin would always play the first doom on his old Windows 95. Good times, good times. :smile:

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know about you but I am reminded of this little game called HL2. they garentied that it would be out in september 2003.... I no longer trust anything game companies say on release dates.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve isn't a game company

They're a dominion of evil and doom

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well...nobody stole the Doom 3 source, Hsu. Heheh. I don't trust the release dates fully either, don't get me wrong...but I know it's being done, and that's all I care about.

I have been waiting for Doom 3 for my entire lifetime as a PC gamer. So I get a little...excitable, I guess. I'm just really looking forward to seeing what Lord Carmack has done this time around...

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah well...nobody stole the Doom 3 source, Hsu...
I guess you have not heard. Valve has admitted that even if the source code was not stolen it would still not be out today.

Anyways about doom 3.. I am just not looking forward to it, the engine actually looks old compared to a lot of stuff that will be coming out at the same time. There is just nothing that great about it besides the name.

Best answers
cool, i am looking forward to this game. I think it will be cool just because of the name, and if it can capture just a little bit of the excitement and revolution that Doom I and II brought with them it will be a very great game. I know i played Doom on an old 386 DX 40 Mhz (at the moment we are almost at 4000mhz:p) which couldn t even run Windows 95 and did not have a cd player. Great times and that were great games so if Doom III can only capture some of that wonderful feeling it will be the best game coming out in the near future together with half-life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard about the source bleed not affecting release, Hsu. What I'm pretty sure it was, was the whole, "We have to rebuild the entire game for Nvidia's cards to work right" problem. They did have a whole two year head start on Doom's developers, though (they said somewhere that they began working on it immediately after Half-Life 1...and that came out in 1998...so I can only assume they started work by 99/00).

I'm not excited about Doom because of its engine, though. What really gets me excited is that it's going to be an immersing experience. After reading the first two Doom books at a young age--which were admittedly mediocre, but still--I often had nightmares that I was that marine, combatting the demons. I have always been a fan of the marriage of the occult and sci-fi and doom is the ultimate expression of that union. Mix it with a healthy dose of action and a nice amount of immersion and you get what is probably guaranteed to be an experience of enjoyment. Few games besides ESF have given me a true sense of immersive enjoyment; even Half-Life didn't, really. The Quakes sure as hell didn't. There was only Doom, and even then, Doom wasn't nearly as impressive in scope of experiences promised as its retelling is supposed to be.

I'm just looking forward to a good fun time with it, is all. Engines aren't as important to me as fun is.

Best answers
what do u guys mean with that the engine is old!?!? its like the best engine out there right? the graphic of the game is the best ever... :S dont have any idea about what u guys are talking about!

maybe u guys should see the trailers before u say more about the engine :D

Retired
Best answers
with all the doom 3 leaks i've heard from alot of people it's all built on hype..

i wouldn't waste my time on it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're saying people are judging it based on a leaked alpha, which I will say was version .002, then they are idiots.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Functionality-wise, that could've used work. But the technology was still impressive nonetheless. And it WAS scary at points.

Errr...not that I had it, or anything... :0\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, it's only been leaked 3+ times...

John Carmack is a sick, sick man. I want to be just like him. :eek:

Best answers
Man HL2 AND Doom 3 are going to suck. Sure great graphics but whats the point to these games? I mean you start out of no where and less than 5 mins your already battling aliens/zombies. YOur sitting there wondering wtf is going on here?! Sure the graphics are incredible but what the hell man. THere has to be a plot to these games man rather than something happened below...maybe you should go check it out..Then BAM zombies/aliens. Just dont see the plot here...Thats why i like games like Star Wars: KOTOR. Now THAT had a great plot. Pretty good graphics but atleast it had something to work really well with. Same with Max Payne 2. Pretty good graphics and yet another great game story. If they put that into HL2 and Doom 3 then hell ya i would be excited but for some reason...its not catching my interest. ;/

Best answers
Uhh...NeLo, DOOM 3 now has a story writer, so it won't be your generic run around blast everything away and suddenly encounter zombies game.

As for DOOM 3....I'm not really looking forward to it, neither am I looking forward to HL2. However, my lil bro is all hyped up about DOOM 3 :\

Best answers
Man HL2 AND Doom 3 are going to suck. Sure great graphics but whats the point to these games? I mean you start out of no where and less than 5 mins your already battling aliens/zombies. YOur sitting there wondering wtf is going on here?! Sure the graphics are incredible but what the hell man. THere has to be a plot to these games man rather than something happened below...maybe you should go check it out..Then BAM zombies/aliens. Just dont see the plot here...
How exactly do you know what HL2's plot is like? The first game had a great story and the idea of fighting Aliens was introduced in a reasonable way (providing you accept the idea of Aliens that is). As for Doom 3, I think that half the thrill is going to come from thinking "what the hell?", it's something that's going to make it far more scary, kind of like the Silent Hill games.

Best answers
Boy, i'm the complete opposite with this subject. I hate FPSs with a storyline. I can't get into them, and i trash them easily. I only like Deus Ex/DE:IW because you could play it your own way... well sort'a. I like games were there's no end to it, you just shoot & kill for the joy of it. Actual storylines are for action, adventure, and rpgs. I'm looking forward to both of them. Why you ask? Because of how creative people are gonna get with those mods. As for the actual games? I might play them once or twice just for kicks, then just wait for a good multiplayer mod to come out.

If you want storyline, dont expect it to be on a FPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom