Don't Sit Up Straight

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
According to Yahoo! News, there was a study done on different postures and how they affect the spine. It was concluded that sitting completely straight (90 degrees) for an extended period of time, places a strain upon your spine and can prove to be problematic in the future. They've also concluded that sitting at a 135-degree posture is, "the best biomechanical sitting position".

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20061128/sc_livescience/newadvicedontsitupstraight

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's sure alot comfehier. /leans back

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm amazed that we've come this far as a species without knowing how to sit, the most important action (next to standing and laying down) in our daily lives.

*leans back*

Best answers
I knew being a lazy a** would come in handy one day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sitting up straight = uncomfortable

Slouching = comfortable

I figured this out ages ago.

Best answers
Hahhaha NO **** >_>
But i'm still surprised about the fact that sitting straight is bad for your back.

****ing hell,I remember when I was in primary school they would go to us.
SIT UP STRAIGHT!! When we were in the hall.I just want to go up to that teacher who told me to sit up straight and kick him in the balls!! Bloody noob!! Every Friday's I had to sit up straight for assembly.All those bloody times because of that NOOB!!!! ARHHH!!!!

-GuZzie

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The spine has a natural curve to it, I'm surprised this wasn't revealed sooner. Slouching for the win.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad the robotic 1950s are finally dying in another area.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
this isnt really new though, there have been plently of studies about ergonomical design before.
Its actually a quite complex thing, I saw my cosin reading dozens of books about it for colledge

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm amazed that we've come this far as a species without knowing how to sit, the most important action (next to standing and laying down) in our daily lives.

*leans back*
Blame rich people for the sitting up straight thing. Then blame the people who wanted to imitate rich people and forced their children to do the same and then those children had children and passed it along.

Always blame the rich.

I used a protractor to get 135 degrees. It's a little too far back for me.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Blame rich people for the sitting up straight thing. Then blame the people who wanted to imitate rich people and forced their children to do the same and then those children had children and passed it along.

Always blame the rich.

I used a protractor to get 135 degrees. It's a little too far back for me.
Which makes me wonder where exactly you put your protractor

I know people who have a hunch back from slouching forward alot and i remember getting in trouble when i use to lean back in my chair and get in trouble when in theory i was "conducting scientific research"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I put my protractor upside down and measure my feet in angles. Thats how I use a protractor, S.

I don't lean forward, I don't sit straight. I lean backwards. Just not that far backwards. My chair doesn't go that far back, and my chair is extremely comfortable, so I'm not going to go further back just to prove science right.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good thing I've never sat up straight in my life. That's the most uncomfortable position ever. Leaning back for the mother ****ing win *****es. astricks ftw. Seriously, it's common sense. Pretty much everything you do puts pressure on something, standing puts pressure on your feet HOLY ****!.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't help that I have a mild scoliosis either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom