Does Anyone Think I Should Buy This?!!!!!

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bid for power? Heh, that was a Quake 3 mod that was shut down a long time ago. You can download it for free if you can find an actual working link. I havent seen any dbz bid for power activity in a long time. Cant even find a descent site searching.

But, my advice. Dont blow your money on it. Seriousley, its not worth it. Its not as good as esf is. And whoever is selling it has got to be joking. Yes, pass this up like road kill on the side of the street.

No duh its not sold in stores, it was a DBZ Quake 3 mod. LOL :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno, I always liked bfp, the beams were fun in it. But yeah, it's not worth $40, if you already have quake 3 you can either buy bfp for %2 on ebay or download it somewhere, but even if you did, there would be no one to play with.

Best answers
Uhh yeah definatly pass this up, do a google search, it'll save you 40 dollars. I'm glad no one has put in a bid yet. What a buncha pig crap.

KyoKusanagi

K
Buy it at 512kb a second. :D

Seriously - i'm thinking about the legality of what this guy is doing. I mean, if someone wanted to, they could simply package ESF in the same way, do a bit of dodgy cd label printing, make a manual and the like and sell it to some unsuspecting schmoe for $75.

Admittedly, Bid for Power was good for its time, but i wouldn't pay anything for it.

Best answers
the seller deservs to die, damn is he stupid ?
ffs who is selling games from the i-net, like selling counter strike..

Best answers
As rumor has it, I believe, it is illegal to 'sell' mods of any description. BFP isn't really all too great anyways, all its got goin' for it is fast gameplay and graphics, ESF on the other hand makes up for that with great gameplay and playability.

In short, don't buy it, it's a waist, hunt for it on google.

Best answers
That was what the BFP team was canned for.. It was DBZ, and then they started selling it, but someone got on their case for it (Funimation, I think, for copyright laws) and it turned into something really weird.... Then later somebody modded the mod, with over 60 clones of each other... Models weren't bad, I'll admit. But the gameplay was repetitive, physics bad, and the graphics.... I don't understand how any of you can call them good...

But simply, it's not worth even a download... you can try it out, sure, but you'll need Quake 3 Arena, which I'm positive you can find in a bargain bin somewhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow Pan, be thankful to god that you asked here first, if you would've bought that....

Best answers
(Over 70 unique characters in all), then you select a map (Over 60 extremely detailed maps!), and once you're in the game, that's where it gets INTENSE!
Bahahahahahahaha

Oh thats good. Well, the "70 unique characters in all" are all the same but with different color outfits :fight: And about the "60 extremely detailed maps!" In the BFP i played, there were 4 o_O;

Anyway, pan, NO. Take it from us. and DONT. Its a rip off. As said before, you can download it for free if you can find a link too it. But seriously. ESF is WAY better then BFP. BFP has no melee, no smooth beam animations. No cool transformation animetions. Just stick with esf, k? =]

-=Edit=-

One google was enough

Big For Power 1.2 download XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand how any of you can call them good
im sorry but what? dude you relize its running off a quake 3 engine, then u say the models arnt bad. but then u say the graphics are bad? dude the textures look better than esf, the models are better, the energy beams look better. so how are the graphics not good. they are actually quite good for what it is.

since it is running on the q3 engine it has the potential to completely own anything esf could do. esf is really limited by the engine its running on.

Retired
Best answers
yea but you gotta realize im4, alot of us have played the mod especially me since i used to be friends with alot of people on there forums at the time..

the game gets really boring really fast.. esf has melee now which makes it a whole enw game as where bid for power wasn't all that great since all alot of people did was beam spam, run, re-charge, and continue..

also pan, i wouldn't buy it, buy Q3 for cheap and download the mod off a hosting site and try it..

Pan

Best answers
Lol!! boy am i happy i asked you guys before placing a bid, i guess i wont be buying this after all, Thankz for your Helpful Oppions everyone, I really appreciate it ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
wow, that is sad, where does someone get the idea to sell a free game that they didnt even make. The real sad thing is, he probly has a hundred of those cd's burned and will eventually try to sell them each off "extremely rare" yeah right.

Best answers
dude, its ebay. nuff said.

oh, and im glad you posted here pan. it wouldve been sad to see your money go to waste.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I've got the original Bid for power Rc2/3 and the official release with the DBZ add-on packs. I'll send them your way if you have Quake 3. You won't find many people to play with though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom