DOAU Xbox & WWE SVR PS2

Best answers
Im going to the game store in a few hours, but im having a hard time choosing btw these two games. Which games of the two i listed in the thread title, would you guys reccommend?!? :]

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would go with DOAU, fighting games own all.

Pan

Best answers
If SVR wasnt a step backwards from HCTP, than i would strongly reccomend it, otherwise you should go with DOAU. I heard that game is much better this time around even though its a remake of the 2nd one, they stated it was basically a whole new game.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Voice Over! Online!

My copy of SVR is on it's way. If you want a fighting game, I recommend PS2's Deception.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SVR is ok, but it's missing alot of stuff, and the online mode isn't as robust as you would like . . . singles matches and bra and panties matches only. o_O

Further, it's nearly impossible to run a female model through season mode now.

OOOOOOOOOooon the other hand, just about everything else in the game is awesome.

If you like Caws with individual entrances and music, you are in for a ride. Fear the return of the five man faction :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DOAU is incredibely fun. It's so totally revamped that it is unfair to call it a remake of DOA2, just about everything in a DOA game has been improved over for this newest incarnation. And if you got Xbox live, the game has an almost infinite replay value. Plus you get the original DOA for free!

I say DOAU, hands down.

Best answers
Thats the point u guys, i dont have online for either so that pretty much takes away all the replay value. So i basically need the best one that could give off alot of replay value offline. What worrys me about DOAU is that even though its a remake, i heard that overall part 3 was much better and the same could be said about SVR, like pan stated they said that the previous smackdown title was better than this one so its kind of a confusing decsion here :(

Best answers
If you dont know which one you like better, dont get neither of them. If you really had wanted one over the other, you would already know. Youre gonna get one of then, then regret not getting the other one. Save your money or spend it on something else, thats my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still say DOAU, it's infinitely better than DOA3.

But if your still undecided, then just give both of 'em a test drive. Go rent them for the weekend, then see which one you'd rather buy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say SvR if you don' have online. There's ****loads to unlock and lots of challenges and twists in the single player mode.

My main gripe with SvR is the new targeting. You can now no longer target while a move is being done to you, which makes the game MUCH harder if you use manual targeting, because any guy who comes near you can get you in a move and if he keeps the heat on you, you can't even lock onto him until you finally get up and move away.

It's not as annoying as it sounds...but man, I miss SYM's targeting...

Best answers
Dead or Alive Ultimate hands down. Not really sure what the problem is, IMO the best wrestling game could never touch a less than average fighter, and neither of which is the case.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I'd say SvR if you don' have online. There's ****loads to unlock and lots of challenges and twists in the single player mode.

My main gripe with SvR is the new targeting. You can now no longer target while a move is being done to you, which makes the game MUCH harder if you use manual targeting, because any guy who comes near you can get you in a move and if he keeps the heat on you, you can't even lock onto him until you finally get up and move away.

It's not as annoying as it sounds...but man, I miss SYM's targeting...
There are more problems than that . . . No females in season, no CAWs appear in cameo roles in season, the signature grapple group is now full of dragon whips and ddt's with a touch of backdrop here and there. All the good moves were moved into the power area. Create a belt is essentially useless, and the lack of ability to make tag team belts also blows. All of it's flaws out of the way, the game's fighting engine is better than HCTP's but is missing so many of the things that made HTCP great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom