Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Desmond Tiny said:
I'm quite shocked at the way even the moderators are flaming this tread without explaining the details for example
Indeed. If you've got something negative to say, at least qualify it by saying something other than "OMG WTF IT BE BALLS!!!111one!" Yes a bit of an overstatement, but you get my point. Qualify your points, contribute or don't post, please. Don't wanna hand out spam warnings.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Desmond Tiny said:
I'm quite shocked at the way even the moderators are flaming this tread without explaining the details for example Saiyan_Overlord said WHY he dislikes evm which although I do disagree with his point of view, respect him enough for it because it's a bit different to the "evm sucks , enough said" which to be honest is lazy, pointless and spam
Well seeing as that was quite clearly aimed at Pain and myself, here's my reasons:

1) The biggest is balance, or rather, lack of it. The transformations put Goku and Vegeta above everyone. New players joining the server don't stand a chance. There has been no attempt to balance out the characters and the gameplay suffers because of it. Fusion doesn't help this either.

2) Beamspammers, all the attacks become nukes after the second trans. Big Bang Attacks fired from the corner of the map that wipe out the other half are ridiculous and not even fun. I can't remember if there are explosion caps, but if there are they're way too big.

3) Lack of melee, the prospect of blowing away four people with a ki attack (even a genball when you're SSJ3) means there's no point in chasing people around the map or using any kind of skill.

4) Community, as Grega said, the majority of EVM players just want to gather the Dragonballs (irrespective of team) and let people wish so they can reach higher forms. Then they kiblob the ascended to gain more PL for themselves.

So theres my four main reasons, pick your favorite.

seb

Best answers
Grega said:
What i dislike about EVM are the people playing it.
There are 4 groups:
1. (the biggest) Noobs that whine about your evry move and just go "Can i blob you so i can SSJ3" or "Im SSJ3 wana PS"
2. (second biggest) beamspamers
3. (third biggest) The "Its my turn to wish for the dragonballs" people who do nothing but whine when you attak tehm and only collect dragonballs all day long.
4. (the smallest) The people who actualy play it normaly. Thats about 10% of evryone.

That is the reason why i dislike EVM.
I prety much agree, Another thing, 2 nubs just wish for 100 mil ki, go ssj4, ps and make HUGE explosions that make the game pointless, 2 min later, Bye lets ps again later (<- covered before ;) )

And 1.3 is going to, and Will for long just destroy evm.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Desmond Tiny said:
ok the tread is asking what do you play , evm or esf ? but REAL reasons are needed to explain a bit more
Why do I hate EVM?

Well other than the obvious, and what everyone else has already said, I hate it because it clogs up my server list.

Another, better reason would be that, I get tired of directing EVM related questions to their forums, because their god-awful add-on won't run properly. Seriously, go look in the help and newbie central sections and see how many EVM threads I've had to close because it just doesn't work. That's not even counting the instant messages I get asking "How I install EVM work, help?" or the questions in #esf-help with much the same phrasing.

Now let's dip into what everyone else has already said. EVM is not even worth playing for reasons already stated, and as far as I can tell, it only appeals to people like "SSJ6SuperGogetenksPro1337". The same guy you find in a server screaming that you should stop "pushing him" and whining that he can't kick you (for being better than him no less). And yet, somehow, people have balls to actually try and compare the two.

Desmond Tiny said:
and you can say I'm acting like a moderator
I hope you know rogue moderating is bad. I don't know (read: care) what it's like over at the EVM forum, but don't do it here.

Desmond Tiny said:
so what am I, a evm fan to do ?
You, as an EVM fan, should read the poll, and weep. :)

Best answers
I only used EVM for a day before I got rid of it, to me, it's only for people who suck at ESF. Mainly because of the beams and the un-balance in power level.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Another, better reason would be that, I get tired of directing EVM related questions to their forums, because their god-awful add-on won't run properly. Seriously, go look in the help and newbie central sections and see how many EVM threads I've had to close because it just doesn't work. That's not even counting the instant messages I get asking "How I install EVM work, help?" or the questions in #esf-help with much the same phrasing.
I completely forgot about that, but truer words have never been spoken.
Desmond Tiny said:
evm only

I'm quite shocked at the way even the moderators are flaming this tread without explaining the details for example Saiyan_Overlord said WHY he dislikes evm which although I do disagree with his point of view, respect him enough for it because it's a bit different to the "evm sucks , enough said" which to be honest is lazy, pointless and spam
The irony...

I notice out of the 6 people who voted yes to EVM there has been no reason why. I can't think of any except 'get all forms', but that unbalances it anyway. Come on EVM fans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate EVM. Why? Cause that one night...

I downloaded EVM, and I started playing it when all of a sudden, my computer turned off. I was looking around to see if someone pulled the plug when suddenly... Satan crawled out of my monitor and started ripping me limb from limb, laughing mianically while he spawned demons from hell, and oput a curse on me so I can live while he eternally tortured me and my family.

And that folks, is why you shouldnt play EVM. Damn, I shouldn be a writer

Best answers
evm has some good idea's... but it's just annoying with all the beam spam ****!

Best answers
In your plugin.ini thingy in your addons folder where it says EvoulutionX Just add // b4 it to turn it off

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does anyone see a big inconsistancy here? many of the forum goers dont use evm, yet maybe even more than half of the servers you can see are all evm >_>

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
does anyone see a big inconsistancy here? many of the forum goers dont use evm, yet maybe even more than half of the servers you can see are all evm >_>
Most of the people that play ESF and have evm set up on their servers, dont frequent this forum.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
Not only that but almost 80% of all the help threads are EVM related.

If I didn't state why I didn't like evm Pain and Grega pretty much summed it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
Yeah, the EVM players stick to their forums, the EVM noobs come here.

It doesn't help that it shows up on your server list even when it's not installed and forces you to auto-download a bunch of files...and then still doesn't work.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can I ask a general question here:

Why SHOULD I like EVM? Other then for the novalty of transforming until the highest form, it doesn't really have anything going for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is it possible to filter out evm servers? for the next esf release.. or dont show any evm servers unless you have evm installed, because all the noobs will come here and ask "wheres the potara.mdl?????" as long as they dont see the server they wont have to ask about it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggested it a while ago but people didn't like it because it would stunt EVM's publicity and thus growth. Rhee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I suggested it a while ago but people didn't like it because it would stunt EVM's publicity and thus growth. Rhee.
I think I may push for your idea in the next meeting, in light of all these EVM haters ;)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
EVM is something new. I mean, sometimes i've grown tired to play normal ESF, so sometimes i simple play on a EVM server for something new, until i want to play normal ESF again. Quite simple :)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Pain said:
You, as an EVM fan, should read the poll, and weep. :)
Pain, keep these comments to yourself, you can stop being a jerk in the thread, I can understand you can say why you don't like it, but you don't have to be so cynical about it.

Best answers
Magus said:
Pain, keep these comments to yourself, you can stop being a jerk in the thread, I can understand you can say why you don't like it, but you don't have to be so cynical about it.
thank you although I don't mind him being cynical I do mind what his saying and showing as a example to other members by being a moderator and a beta tester

pain said:
Well other than the obvious, and what everyone else has already said, I hate it because it clogs up my server list.
no-one before my post was posting reasons, even you posted nothing but utter useless insults towards evm

pain said:
thats nothing to do with evm, thats the evm players which is unfair and not true about evm , they don't set out to make there members retards, as if you remeber if it wasn't evm they'd still post stupid questions which you CAN'T blame on evm and more so on esf so bloody hard to learn for nubs

pain said:
Now let's dip into what everyone else has already said. EVM is not even worth playing for reasons already stated
what are they ? as they all look the same to me, and the next person who says evm is unbalanced is having a real laugh, goku can go to ssj3 and piccolo only has 1 form, yet thats bloody fair isn't it[/major sarcasm]

pain said:
as far as I can tell, it only appeals to people like "SSJ6SuperGogetenksPro1337". The same guy you find in a server screaming that you should stop "pushing him" and whining that he can't kick you (for being better than him no less). And yet, somehow, people have balls to actually try and compare the two.
now that again is repeating what you've already stated, which is that the evm members are stupid and this also happens on normal esf servers because of the retarded adv melee system and god knows what else the beta testers so I'd advise you stop and look in the mirrior before posting more crap about the members moaning about the melee system

pain said:
I hope you know rogue moderating is bad. I don't know (read: care) what it's like over at the EVM forum, but don't do it here.
duh hence me posting a agruement aginest it before you can say it, meaning all you did there was repeat what I've already said which is really smart [/sarcasm]

pain said:
You, as an EVM fan, should read the poll, and weep.
if you'd of noticed at all you'd see ALL I'd like is for people to STOP flaming evm and start posting real reasons like other people have done and I expected that from the esf team but all I see is one of there moderators slagging it off with to be frank crap reasons

oh and one final thing to ravendust, I for one would like to know how to are even allowed to post in here with you being a leader of another mod which if you check the forums of BTL see nothing but flames and spam about how btl is going to and I quote "pwn evm" when how can you do it when all you've done is do something from ANOTHER mod and made goku's hair change colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom