dnd online

Best answers
If anyone cares Turbine Ent. is publishing Dungeons and Dragons Online.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dungeons and Dragons Online? Is this an MMORPG or something?

Best answers
Yeah its an MMORPG, but I guess it's way early in development so don't expect to see anything from it for 2 years or so.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or one could just play d20 on irc

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And even worse then that, you could just, you know.. roll a dice by yourself and PRETEND you're playing a game.

How about just playing the MMORG.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MMORPGs = teh pooh compared to table top.

Sorry, but table top D&D will own that sorry sack of "living greyhawk" smoldering mung pile.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DND should "stay" a tabletop game? There have been multiple video games using the DND rulebooks released.

If you're a fan of tabletop (cough) 'games' then you are entitled to be one, but it doesn't mean you should go around saying "No! I don't want my beloved 'rules' used in any games! All games are poo! You must ROLL the dice!!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
none of the dnd games havent sucked but yeah there have been tons of games that use the system but so far all the actual dungeons and dragons games have been poop

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right! "all the actual dungeons and dragons games have been poop."
I couldn't have agreed with you more.

ALL of them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a fan of DnD, and never will be. I played the RPG for the PS2 with my friend. It sucked :no:. I don't really have any opinion on whether they make an MMORPG or not.

Mephit74

M
There was a time before computers when a bunch of kids gathered around someone's coffee table in an "almost" finished basement and had a blast pretending they were someone else, even if it was just for an hour or two. DND used to be for the freaks -the kids that lived on the fringes.
Now its a marketable commodity, some suck . . . some are cool if you don't like 'em don't play 'em. For some of the kids that grew up on it and lost touch with it, it's the only way for them to play.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pfft the real fun is in the table top games just no freedom in any of the mmorpgs and stuff

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If these game peoples are smart, when making any rpg from now on they will try their best to copy KOTOR.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well cuc capcom did a side scroller named Dugeons & Dragons was completely different didnt stop it from being a D&D game.

u got a gm
u got equipment with stats on them
u got races involved
u got a character sheet aka status screen

sounds like D&D to me

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like an RPG to me . . . use the right terminology. Not to mention that you named all the things that are least important to an RPG. Role Playing, not freakin' Barbie with stats and some combat menus. The extent of role playing on console or PC is more or less choosing between yes and no. D&D doesn't ask yes and no questions where story is concerned. The game is only as lame as the people playing it. To those who say table top sucks, I would like to point out that you make it suck. It's more like an interactive novel with infinately branching paths than a freaking crap shoot.

Everquest is not, nor will it ever be Dungeons and Dragons, nor was Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom. If you want to let licensors tell you what is and what is not official, knock yourself out.

The fact of the matter is, that all these video game "RPGs" are a far cry short of actual role playing games. Oooh, I can play with other people in a repetitve "on rails" experience! If you want that so badly, find a crappy DM and at least do it right.

*edited to remove inapropriate harshness,*
*If you read it before, I apologize for the lack of self control.*
*Cucumba*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and tonight on esf forums we see how a simple topic about a new mmorpg can go HORIBLY WRONG!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom