distructible parts in maps

Force Pit Member
Best answers
my idea is that maps that should have some parts that bend or disapere when slamed on them or hit with blasts, it wil look cool ,something like the time when brolly slamed vegeta's head against that huge rock and made that crater :D

Best answers
Somone mentioned this a long time ago and I guess the answer is the same. Leads to server crashes. Dont believe me? Try finding a map called ESF_skyscraper on esfworld. And pump up 3 or so Spirit bombs at the skyscraper. Try this a number of times n new games... it will crash. a LOT.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well , i think its because the pollys... ,but this is diferit , its like a tree ,with bones that pull some parts that make the crater,and the texture can be like the one hiting the ground only biger, i think its diferit from the skyscraper ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , i think its because the pollys... ,but this is diferit , its like a tree ,with bones that pull some parts that make the crater,and the texture can be like the one hiting the ground only biger, i think its diferit from the skyscraper ;)
OK first i want you to go and learn how HL maps work. Than learn how they work with ESF. After that come back and post this suggestion again if you dont feel stupid for doing so.

Yes you can make things break when hit by a beam. And NO you cant break things by throwing someone into them.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes you can make things break when hit by a beam. And NO you cant break things by throwing someone into them.
As proven by Ravendust in his mapping. Lasers don't work either.

It's a nice idea but doesn't seem too plausible in a HL mod.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i know that you can break stuf on maps , ...but, is it so hard to understand that the parts that can have craters ar not a map part but a model , like i said , like trees , on evm_kami if you jump on the top of the palms they move ,when you get slamed into trees the move , is it hard? :| ...., the ring can be a model with with the necesary bones and seqences that make the crater, if it still dosn't look posible i'd gladly think this out until its posible ,......anyway its my fault i should explain more about an idea 4 you 2 understand

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea they move. They play one animation and go back to their original state after that. If you made them break tehy would break. But the next second they would be fixed again. And you still couldnt go past the hitbox.

Thats why i told you to learn how HL maps work.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
my bad, forgot about the hit box,i can't belive what i can't see, but i belive in God although i never saw him personaly, if you understand what i am saying (i don't get into filozofical discusions cuz that wold leave 2 a 20 line post = p), .....the problem can be solved but it wold leve 2 lag or server crashes, so it is posible but not practicable,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom