Disc Problem Solved

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you guys are still wondering why the destructo disc crashes the server this is why. When it is thrown it stays, therefore the disc sound plays repeadedly over and over again. After awhile the repeaded sound causes the server to freeze after lagging it up badly. Here is a file to replace your disc sound therefore making you un-crashable by disc.

http://www.blazingdragon.net/~adclan/destructodisc_charge.wav

Replace your old destructo disc sound with this one.

Best answers
Sweet! lol its amazing no one else found that out, well done.
Krillin shall own now

Best answers
Thx, i already figured this out a while ago (as you could read in my dev journal, if it worked). I was looking for some confirmation though (BIG HINT TO OUR WORTHLESS TESTERS WHO I ASKED TO CONFIRM THIS MONTHS AGO). The problem only seems to occur on some computers. It's not a problem with the looping sound 'causing lag, there are lots of sounds set up to loop in esf, and they all seem to work fine. There seems to be a specific problem with the loop/key point in this sound.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
harSens said:
Thx, i already figured this out a while ago (as you could read in my dev journal, if it worked). I was looking for some confirmation though (BIG HINT TO OUR WORTHLESS TESTERS WHO I ASKED TO CONFIRM THIS MONTHS AGO). The problem only seems to occur on some computers. It's not a problem with the looping sound 'causing lag, there are lots of sounds set up to loop in esf, and they all seem to work fine. There seems to be a specific problem with the loop/key point in this sound.
I think it is because the sound is a small file which plays over and over rapidly, it also might be the format of the disc itself that makes it so sensitive. Its 1 hit kill, unblockable capability might be the problem. Maybe esf should take disc out of the game seeing its only a problem for everyone, or they should work on it, Im not sure, but all I know is that the repeaded sound is one part of it. I hope you guys can figure this out so disc wont be a problem in later versions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
browse the forum next time instead of making a new thread !!!
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=26469 <-- already reported and explaind from me !!!

* CLOSED *

PS: I've to say I didn't found it out (it was harSens) ... it worked fine for me
PPS: if you wanna have another good DD sound, contact me ... I made the popular german soundpak and I made an english DD-Sound, too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom