Different style of fighting/moving

Best answers
I was playing esf with bout 10 bots before (crazy stuff dodging millions of beams) and i thought it would be good if the whole melee setup was different
as in you press attack in fist mode and you can punch
(kinda like a fighting game) like if you held your mouse button down your punch would charge and you can ramm your openent really far and hard but if they block it hits thrm but puches em back a lil bit.

Its hard explaining it but imagine the melee like a normal fighting game style of melee kinda like budokai but lets say i hold down punch and press --> as i hit them to do a grab and swing move.
Id like to able to charge in hitt em a few times and whatch em fly instead of
pre punch and "< > ^" crap it makes melee boring and confusing having it like a fighting game where you can punch and kick anytime even just flying around would be cool it,d be good for charging a punch and hitting away beams.

The whole < ^ > < ^ ^ could just be used in things like power struggles
Also beam struggle are good if it gave you the abilty to walk forward it cauld increase your chance of winning.

Also instead of that double tap boost it should be constant like you can only do that in turbo mode. Then general flying in the air is way to slow instead of drifting or boosting you chould be able to fly at good speeds and then turbo fly when charging anemys or escaping beams.

also the controlling of beams would be nice if it was done better
like if your target was aimed at a person and was red it should chase the enemy untill it hits a wall or they destroy it somhow.

i unno what all you guys think but this is just my opinion :yes:

Best answers
i like the walking forward while beam struggling thing, like wat ssj2 gohan did to cell..... i think

but i'd prefer the current melee system

Best answers
im happy with the melee but it gets boring after time id prefur somthin more depending on skills also an easyier way to up your power level maybe bigger boosts cos the fights go on for ever and ever before you reach your next level faster instead of taking 45 mins

The walking forward with your beam would only be if your stronger than the enemy
like catch a spirit bomb and throw back at goku but you cauld only do things like that if you were a above a sertain percentage stronger than your enemy
also if you were on ground you can catch beam and be pushed backwards by holding forwards an going turbo would let ya puch it and run with it like vegito did with buus death ball thing

Best answers
I want to think up ways the melee can be so free that you could do a kamah wave into the ground to blow you towards you5 enemy doing a really huge hit
unique things like that would be great

Best answers
Lol, no offense, but ESF is not budokai. The base of the current melee is by far good enough to make something nice out of it. No need to throw everything around if you ask me.

Best answers
i know that but i dont know maybe theres more to the melee than what i know theres only so many time i can do melee before i quit

Best answers
the melee system would be much more user friendly and effective if it was more of a this botton does this that button does that and so on and so forth type of system. now im not saying budaki is the correct or incorrect system nor am i saying that the esf system is correct or incorrect, mabey more of a blend between the two would be a more appropriat approach to it. well thats just my opinion. hope i was of some help to someone.

Best answers
You don't wanna randomize ESF too much otherwise it won't be played with any true skill. Otherwise you might as well just draw battle cards to fight.

Best answers
yeh i agree but a mix of the 2 styles would make things more interesting

Best answers
Good idea! I love this way of fighting instead of the boring > < > >. Its more skillful this way too.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i really dont like this idea.. and i dont think i have to explain myself why.

Best answers
Id like to see more of a kick button punch button type of thing and a combo button
or atleast have enough flexibility to use anything avaliable to help in any situation or like punching in to the ground or somthin to send out a shockwave as in punch/kick buttons.

It would be cool if someone worked all the problems out :)

Best answers
all im saying is that the current melee is extreamly lacking. you dont have enough control. saiyan soldier is right in saying their needs to be at the very least punch an kick buttons. also some sort of a complex combo system would be cool. the < < > ^ < > is a great idea but it doesnt flow to well, the idea of using it to dodge and such is exellent though. and their sould be a way to make blasts some what homeing. but hey im not making the game so maby i just have the wrong idea on what kind of game it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom