Did anyone buy the Lord of the Rings DVD?

Best answers
I know I liked the movie, and I went out and bought it today....only to learn that a new version, with HOURS more of special features and 30 MORE MINUTES of the film is going to be released on November 12th. I also found out that if I buy that special package through amazon.com, I'd get it for about a buck more than I got this DVD. Anyone who is thinking about buying the version out now, or know someone who wants to, should wait, because that new version is going to rock. I mean, 30 more minutes?! Thats a whole LOT of stuff left out, not just a few unimportant scenes. This was just a warning to anyone who cares....Too bad no one gave me a warning...<br><br><br> I'm so pissed... ;( <br><br>I'm going to go throw my unspecial version into the fires of Mt. Doom and go demand a refund! ;/

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i haven't seen the movie yet, does it respect the book?

i hope its not like some steven king novel being ruined by gary sineise acting retarded. i think he hit his head making Apollo 13

ultrassj_vegeta

U
that happened to me.... NOOOOO!!!! its so jibbed.... i was told the august one was sposed to hav the extra footage... but i found out it just has insight to the exclusive footage....

Best answers
Originally posted by Kai Tracid
i haven't seen the movie yet, does it respect the book?

i hope its not like some steven king novel being ruined by gary sineise acting retarded. i think he hit his head making Apollo 13
Yeah it does baisicly its the book but just cut some of the parts out of it that'd be confusing the movies 2 hours and 58 minutes I'm happy they cut some out lol

Best answers
i read the book saw the movie and bought the video tape
i must say: this movie rox!! :) :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the one u are thinking about is the 70 dollar 4 disc special it will be out in a few months but you won'y have time to watch it because you will be playing the new version of esf:D

Best answers
I got the movie today, it was worth it.

BTW I here their making a side movie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol great picture, i was going to buy the dvd but i will wait for this new one now.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought the recent one. I figured I would never watch 4 dvd's of stuff. Appoximately 16 extra hours. I would be interested in the 45 new minutes of movie. But not a big deal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i bought it! really tehres a special edition??!?! that sux... a whole lotta hot dog :S

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey king kong once you get 150 posts i would get an ozuaru(saiyan giant ape) avatar and some type of similar sig.

that would go cool with your name;D

Best answers
The special package, I really only want for the extra parts of the movie, the only parts they left out of the book, really. I'd never watch that much special extras (3 discs worth), but I do think it's just nice to have. And the box set isnt $70, it's going to be about $40 to $35. There is a special edition box set thats going to cost like $80 or something, but that comes with a bunch more than the DVD. What pisses me off even more is that I can get the special edition of the DVD for about a buck more than what I got this normal one for. Amazon.com really has some great deals on that kind of stuff. :]

Best answers
I thought that the extras on this DVD are different from the ones on the new +30 min DVD, meaning you'd have to buy both (or maybe the 3rd super-fancy release?) to get everything. But I'm not sure.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought it. I'm watching it tonight. Then I'm using it as a coaster whilst I get the new version -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom