Desperation moves

Best answers
I think this is like the metor(meter) attacks.
Its like in Hyper Dimension (again) when you get below a certain health limit, you can pull off a special combo.
When goku does it, he does a punch and kick combo, turns SSJ3, uppercutes them into the air, then throws a spirit bomb on them.
You dont have to make them this strong, but each character could have a 'desperation move'

Best answers
i think that this is a good idea, except deciding what the amount of health at which you could use this attack might be hard... in Hyper Dimension you have a lot more health....

Still, it would be good

Best answers
It could be when someone has 10% of their health left.
Maybe this could be serverside?

Best answers
Originally posted by Android_18
It could be when someone has 10% of their health left.
Maybe this could be serverside?
n00bs lose HP much much quicker then prof's...
if the n0bs get combo when they are almost dead, then this game will become fun for n00bies, and stupid for prof's..

this will make prof's into n00bi's, BAD IDEA..

prof's are the funny thing in the game..no special combo or limit attacks PLEASE ^_^

Best answers
The combo attacks dont have to be super strong or anything. You could even make them hard to do.
And besides, these are just suggestions

Best answers
This is similar to the limit breaks we've been discussing, but i can see what the differences are.

These are also in Toshinden. The only problem i can see with a desperation attack is that it will be spammed. In 2D fighting games, (or even 3D ones, but you know what i mean like street fighter/toshinden type fighting games) these moves are often executed by keying in some BIG combination on the joypad direction and buttons.

This isn't so good on a keyboard, and as someone else said joypads aren't really good for First Person Shooters. (HalfLife type games like ESF is!) And they also said that combos that you key in a pretty hard to code.

Unless we could work out how to get around these things, I wouldn't think it should be added. I mean, you don't want to get down to below 10% health and then just be able to press abutton and do some big lethal attack. And I guess if you make it take less health from your opponent, you might as well call it a limit break attack.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's just say it's to difficult to make a combo with a keyboard and mouse.And it's not really playable with a gamepad.

Cold Steel ==|=======>

Best answers
yeah, the idea of a desperation move is that when you are low on health, if you can pull off some big hard to do move then it will perform some attack that will kill or almost kill your opponent. And a lot of those things don't sit to well with the style of game, the controls, the developers and the players.

Best answers
Not only that, but try to recall the last time you were at 10% health while playing ESF. Exactly. You rarely ever get that low. Its either your dead, or your alive and kickin'. Neways, what I'm trying to say is that in my mind it would be a big waste of time to program that, when you couldn't really ever use it.

Best answers
As cool as it would be to have the desperation attacks, i would find it hard to do a combo, (one of the reasons i find ESF easier to play then DMZ, no combos), also it is true your either dead or alive in ESF, rarely at 10% like Kahla said, besides if you only have 10% health left, how would you live with that low of life and perform a combo while trying just to live long enough to do so. But i know its just a suggestion and i would like to see some kind of move(s) like desperation atacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom