demos

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I installed 1.1 the other day because I wanted to turn this one demo I had from 1.1 into avi format (was to show my friend somthing). Anyway, whenever I try to play the demo, nothing happens. In console, it says all the information when I first connected into the server followed by:

Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client 167

It does this for all my 1.1 demos. I doubt anyone can help, but it can't hurt asking.

Best answers
What version of ESF are you running? It might also be steam, try loading it when you start up ESF with playdemo, if that doesnt work try viewdemo.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I took the demos in 1.1. I installed 1.1 so I can view the demos, but they wouldn't play. I tried playing them with viewdemo and playdemo, they both didn't work. Then I decided to try it in won, that didn't work either.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam demos feature sucks really bad for 2 reasons. 1: you cant see certain things when you watch the demo, so your missing out on a lot anyway. and 2 you can only watch it in steam.

But your not being too clear. did you install 1.1 record the demo then try to play it back. or did you record the demo when 1.1 was popular, then uninstall it for 1.2 and then install it again to recall this demo.. yeah im confused if you didnt notice... my best guess is.. there is no demo... i say .. uh make another one?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I'll try to be clearer.

I recorded the demo a long ass time ago when 1.1 was popular. Around half of my demos are from steam, the other half are from won. I uninstalled 1.1 when 1.2 came out, but before I did that, I put all my demos in one big ass folder so I wouldn't lose em. A couple of days ago, I uninstalled 1.2 and installed 1.1 so I could see the demos. I put some of the demos in my esf folder and when I went into steam to view them, nothing happened and my console had that message.

And uh... What did you mean when you said there is no demo?

Best answers
Hybrid said:
Ok, I'll try to be clearer.

I recorded the demo a long ass time ago when 1.1 was popular. Around half of my demos are from steam, the other half are from won. I uninstalled 1.1 when 1.2 came out, but before I did that, I put all my demos in one big ass folder so I wouldn't lose em. A couple of days ago, I uninstalled 1.2 and installed 1.1 so I could see the demos. I put some of the demos in my esf folder and when I went into steam to view them, nothing happened and my console had that message.

And uh... What did you mean when you said there is no demo?
This might be a stupid question and you might not have done this, but were you trying to get WON demos to work in Steam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom