DEDICATED SERVER I NEED TIPS

Best answers
I need some tips for running my dedicated server i have it set up but i need to know some things
I am useing the steam dedicated server so you know
1.ok i need to know how to add bots = is not working
2.i need to know how too make people mods so plz help as soon as you can
3.I also need to know what the rcon password dose and what the comands with recon do
ex: recon recon_password recon_Address and so on

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
0.o

Look at your console more closely for the command names.
And the rcon commands are all the commands that the server can do with the rcon infront of it.
The rcon_password is used to match your dedicated servers rcon_password.

If you want to know a little tip:
I dont think you are ready to be a server admin yet. Bieng one takes lots of paitence and lots of ability to deal with others. Which judging by the few times you have posed here states that you want to, but you don't have the ability to be one.
Bieng an admin takes alot of knowledge of the HL system which I dont think you have acquired the basics yet. I am sorry, but that is just the way I feel by watching some of your posts.
Calm down, slow down. Act reponsibly on learning as much as you can first before you go head on into a black hole.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
0.o

Look at your console more closely for the command names.
And the rcon commands are all the commands that the server can do with the rcon infront of it.
The rcon_password is used to match your dedicated servers rcon_password.

If you want to know a little tip:
I dont think you are ready to be a server admin yet. Bieng one takes lots of paitence and lots of ability to deal with others. Which judging by the few times you have posed here states that you want to, but you don't have the ability to be one.
Bieng an admin takes alot of knowledge of the HL system which I dont think you have acquired the basics yet. I am sorry, but that is just the way I feel by watching some of your posts.
Calm down, slow down. Act reponsibly on learning as much as you can first before you go head on into a black hole.

This is true. I began learning HL servers, commands (have all of them practically memorized), and basics when my friend and I first purchased HALF-LIFE back at the end of '98.

Before we even played it we tried doing LAN w/ his sister's comp. :p Ah how nub we were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom